Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3596643 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #18765 on: April 05, 2018, 12:34:16 am »

The statewide bans in several states are a more important factor there.
More importantly again, adjacent ones. Iirc some of the stricter continental states still have plenty of trouble due significantly to neighboring states that aren't as guns-go gung-ho.
See: Illinois dealing with Indiana
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18766 on: April 05, 2018, 03:37:41 am »

Trump is now marginally more not hated than not not hated, according to a poll that historically likes him far more than other polls, as reported by a news site that historically likes him far more than most other news sites (and even slightly more than Fox), as tweeted by the main person on the Trump family who dedicates his entire life to make Trump number one! What a magnificent boast!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18767 on: April 05, 2018, 09:11:26 am »

There's an active shooter at Youtube headquarters in San Bruno.

https://twitter.com/Lavrusik/status/981259304408788993
https://twitter.com/_lilchen/status/981260471549349888

Looks like they demonetized one video too many.

And so...
A woman matching Aghdam’s name and appearance maintained several YouTube channels and a personal website where she published videos about a range of topics, including veganism, animal cruelty and fitness. She also frequently ranted against YouTube, claiming the company discriminated against her and filtered her videos to prevent them from getting views.

"There is no free speech in real world & you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system," read one post on her site. "There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site, your channel will grow if they want to!!!!!!"

She made similar claims in videos, saying the company was cheating video makers out of money. "Growing on YouTube is not in your hands," she said. "It all depends on who is controlling your channel."

Let those video topics sink in for a while. Weird stuff.*

Edit: *The situation is weird, not the topics.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:27:44 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18768 on: April 05, 2018, 09:29:50 am »

There's an active shooter at Youtube headquarters in San Bruno.

https://twitter.com/Lavrusik/status/981259304408788993
https://twitter.com/_lilchen/status/981260471549349888

Looks like they demonetized one video too many.

And so...
A woman matching Aghdam’s name and appearance maintained several YouTube channels and a personal website where she published videos about a range of topics, including veganism, animal cruelty and fitness. She also frequently ranted against YouTube, claiming the company discriminated against her and filtered her videos to prevent them from getting views.

"There is no free speech in real world & you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system," read one post on her site. "There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site, your channel will grow if they want to!!!!!!"

She made similar claims in videos, saying the company was cheating video makers out of money. "Growing on YouTube is not in your hands," she said. "It all depends on who is controlling your channel."

Let those video topics sink in for a while. Weird stuff.

Just because hitler was vegan doesn't make all vegans hitler, if that's the kind of line of thinking you're implying.

We'll never know why she decided to use violence rather than, say, take Youtube to court (other than obvious things like money).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18769 on: April 05, 2018, 09:56:05 am »

Hitler was as vegan as he was Aryan. Which is to say, not as much as he might have claimed.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18770 on: April 05, 2018, 10:10:49 am »

Just because hitler was vegan doesn't make all vegans hitler, if that's the kind of line of thinking you're implying.
Not sure where you pulled that from. Rather, it's seemingly contradictory for Hitler to be a vegan to begin with.

Hitler most likely supported vegetarianism for health reasons, but imagine if he was against animal cruelty.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:14:38 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18771 on: April 05, 2018, 10:13:27 am »

Not sure where you pulled that from. Rather, it's seemingly contradictory for Hitler to be a vegan to begin with.

Hitler most likely supported vegetarianism for health reasons, but imagine if he was against animal cruelty as well.

He was. The Nazi banned vivisection on animals for exemple.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18772 on: April 05, 2018, 10:17:28 am »

Which is odd, considering his views on certain races as sub-human.

Maybe he'd rather have them put down than suffer? Nazis: The original PETA.
(IDK to what extent Hitler authorized Mengele's experiments.)

Or maybe its more of a "survival of the fittest" attitude that led to the Holocaust. Eugenics, and all that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:46:04 am by Bumber »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18773 on: April 05, 2018, 10:17:55 am »

Hitler most likely supported vegetarianism for health reasons, but imagine if he was against animal cruelty as well.

It's one of those urban myths that go around I guess. The point is more that 'just because hitler was non-evil-thing-x, all people who are non-evil-thing-x are not hitler'. Basically, I thought you were implying that she did the violence beause she did those stuff. Or maybe you were trying to imply Youtube was blocking those stuff.

Either way, her views are irrelevant here as to why she chose to use violence.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18774 on: April 05, 2018, 10:24:11 am »

It's one of those urban myths that go around I guess. The point is more that 'just because hitler was non-evil-thing-x, all people who are non-evil-thing-x are not hitler'. Basically, I thought you were implying that she did the violence beause she did those stuff. Or maybe you were trying to imply Youtube was blocking those stuff.

Is the confusion because I said "weird stuff"? I meant the situation, not the video topics themselves.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18775 on: April 05, 2018, 10:32:51 am »

Is the confusion because I said "weird stuff"? I meant the situation, not the video topics themselves.

I didn't know what you were implying by 'let those video topics sink in', so, yeah, that contributed to the misunderstanding.

The situation is certainly wierd, and unfortunately, we'll never know why she chose violence instead of other means. Unless she spelled it out somewhere.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18776 on: April 05, 2018, 10:46:57 am »

snip
that picture might just be the most absurd thing I see today
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18777 on: April 05, 2018, 11:25:24 am »

Doesn't surprise me, one of the well-known facts about Hitler is that he completely adored his German shepherd and treated it very well.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18778 on: April 05, 2018, 11:53:46 am »

This provides an entirely different perspective on the Furred Reich. It's finally coming together...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18779 on: April 05, 2018, 12:03:44 pm »

Even one of the most reviled humans in history has their good points.  *shock*
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 3515