Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1631

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 653967 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #19755 on: April 17, 2018, 09:28:49 am »

Oh, did he actually deny links beforehand? :O
He didn't deny (until his name got revealed anyway), he never even mentioned any links beforehand.
Which is to say he did deny the connection, once it got called out :P He's apparently been steadily walking back from that denial, too. The stumbling backtracking is a thing.

Fun thing is, from what I've been noticing of chatter, it's possible (if perhaps unlikely) that hannity's reaction will itself void any attorney/client privilege that may have existed.
[/quote]

It certainly does sound like he's waiving any client-attorney privilege. He's not explictly saying he's waiving such privileges, but him straight out saying that he never retained or hired him definetly sounds like it'd fit the legal definition of waiving such privileges.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19756 on: April 17, 2018, 03:38:32 pm »

My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19757 on: April 17, 2018, 03:48:45 pm »

(Trump appointee reverses Obama-era decision. In a somewhat amusing way!)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19758 on: April 17, 2018, 03:50:12 pm »

Good! No matter where you fall on the immigration issue the idea that anyone can be deported on a literal whim should make you uncomfortable.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19759 on: April 17, 2018, 04:39:37 pm »

The SCOTUS Backstab is a political move as old as...SCOTUS, really.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19760 on: April 17, 2018, 06:21:07 pm »

There's probably more conspiracies flying around over that than there are bats in a bat cave.
I know it's an oglaf link, but it's actually one of the few worksafe ones: https://www.oglaf.com/theodicy/

Why do bad things happen to Sean Hannity?

Jar of Bats.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19761 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:34 pm »

Former first lady Barbara Bush just passed away.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19762 on: April 17, 2018, 06:52:37 pm »

Looks like she decided herself to stop medical treatment. COPD was a factor.

Respected by a lot of people, she was.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19763 on: April 19, 2018, 02:19:06 am »

Thread seems quiet. Is no one else shocked or outraged by the average-ness of Tump's hands? Has apathy amongst the American people reached the point that no one cares about the length of their president's digits?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:20:58 am by wobbly »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19764 on: April 19, 2018, 09:14:14 am »

Thread seems quiet. Is no one else shocked or outraged by the average-ness of Tump's hands? Has apathy amongst the American people reached the point that no one cares about the length of their president's digits?

I think it's just that none of the current news is really amenable to comment. People have learned to ignore the random noises coming from the White House, it having been conclusively demonstrated that they bear no particular relationship to reality. No one therefore feels especially driven to comment on them, much less react to them. Without that, there is nothing for Congress to do but campaign and lie about their prospects in November, which isn't especially new or interesting, and local government just keeps running along party lines. Nothing moves the needle anymore.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19765 on: April 19, 2018, 09:34:07 am »

His hands are an abomination, but I have accepted their wretched, regular intrusion into my life the same way a cat accepts that humans exist at all.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19766 on: April 19, 2018, 09:50:11 am »

I think it's just that none of the current news is really amenable to comment. People have learned to ignore the random noises coming from the White House, it having been conclusively demonstrated that they bear no particular relationship to reality. No one therefore feels especially driven to comment on them, much less react to them. Without that, there is nothing for Congress to do but campaign and lie about their prospects in November, which isn't especially new or interesting, and local government just keeps running along party lines. Nothing moves the needle anymore.

Yeah, the Mueller investigation grinds on, sheneinighans keep happening with Stormy Daniels, things are continuing being twisty with Cohen, now Cohen's third client is apparently Sean Hannity of all people, Trump keeps passively-aggressively threatening to fire Mueller, what's new.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19767 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:42 am »

Most entertaining things I could find was just a couple Trump tweets. One where he wrote a kinda disjointed sentence about immigration, and now people are misunderstanding his use of the word "breeding" (at least I hope it's a misunderstanding), and another one where he called himself "more a Spy{sic} than [Andrew Brunson] is", which I thought was funny.

Also he seems to think that they've started building The Wall in San Diego, which they haven't. But that's okay, we all make mistakes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19768 on: April 19, 2018, 10:35:04 am »

He said 'breeding concept'. I can't help but wonder if he meant 'breeding contempt', but he usually deletes typos, so....

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19769 on: April 19, 2018, 10:48:05 am »

Judging from the rest of the tweet, I think he was talking about the concept of sanctuary cities, and how they were "crime infested and -breeding". As in, infested by crime and also breeding more crime.

I used to translate non-native and drunken posts for the benefit of the other members of an old gaming forum that I was unfortunately a part of many years ago. As such, I'm conversationally fluent in Stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1631