Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533186 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #19110 on: April 16, 2018, 11:52:39 pm »

Given that Hannity has claimed that it was just really estate advice, and the Trump's work in real estate, it could actually have been him consulting with Cohen how to get into the family's good graces via favorable deals.

Which, while not quite as embarrassing as a sex scandal, is in my opinion very possible.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19111 on: April 17, 2018, 12:05:15 am »

So what's the conspiracy suggested by Sean Hannity's name coming up in this?  Everyone seems shocked, but I guess I'm missing something.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19112 on: April 17, 2018, 12:20:54 am »

So what's the conspiracy suggested by Sean Hannity's name coming up in this?  Everyone seems shocked, but I guess I'm missing something.

Which one do you want? There's the one about Soros and the deep state orchestrating the reveal, since the judge who ordered it performed Soros' wedding five years ago; there's also a bunch about Hannity either having had Cohen pay off one of his mistresses (presumably with the stage name Real Estate) or being financially rewarded by Trump for his favorable news coverage through transactions brokered by Cohen.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19113 on: April 17, 2018, 12:46:15 am »

There's probably more conspiracies flying around over that than there are bats in a bat cave.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19114 on: April 17, 2018, 05:42:26 am »

I assumed it was just that a vocal and vicious defender of Trump who has denied any links to Cohen in the past and savagely attacked the raid on Cohen’s files turning out to have been a client of Cohen all along, which suggests a big-ass conflict of interest.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19115 on: April 17, 2018, 08:56:23 am »

I assumed it was just that a vocal and vicious defender of Trump who has denied any links to Cohen in the past and savagely attacked the raid on Cohen’s files turning out to have been a client of Cohen all along, which suggests a big-ass conflict of interest.
Oh, did he actually deny links beforehand? :O
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19116 on: April 17, 2018, 09:03:20 am »

He didn't deny (until his name got revealed anyway), he never even mentioned any links beforehand.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: April 17, 2018, 09:08:06 am »

He didn't deny (until his name got revealed anyway), he never even mentioned any links beforehand.[/quote]Which is to say he did deny the connection, once it got called out :P He's apparently been steadily walking back from that denial, too. The stumbling backtracking is a thing.

Fun thing is, from what I've been noticing of chatter, it's possible (if perhaps unlikely) that hannity's reaction will itself void any attorney/client privilege that may have existed.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19118 on: April 17, 2018, 09:28:49 am »

He didn't deny (until his name got revealed anyway), he never even mentioned any links beforehand.
Which is to say he did deny the connection, once it got called out :P He's apparently been steadily walking back from that denial, too. The stumbling backtracking is a thing.

Fun thing is, from what I've been noticing of chatter, it's possible (if perhaps unlikely) that hannity's reaction will itself void any attorney/client privilege that may have existed.
[/quote]

It certainly does sound like he's waiving any client-attorney privilege. He's not explictly saying he's waiving such privileges, but him straight out saying that he never retained or hired him definetly sounds like it'd fit the legal definition of waiving such privileges.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: April 17, 2018, 03:38:32 pm »

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: April 17, 2018, 03:48:45 pm »

(Trump appointee reverses Obama-era decision. In a somewhat amusing way!)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19121 on: April 17, 2018, 03:50:12 pm »

Good! No matter where you fall on the immigration issue the idea that anyone can be deported on a literal whim should make you uncomfortable.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19122 on: April 17, 2018, 04:39:37 pm »

The SCOTUS Backstab is a political move as old as...SCOTUS, really.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: April 17, 2018, 06:21:07 pm »

There's probably more conspiracies flying around over that than there are bats in a bat cave.
I know it's an oglaf link, but it's actually one of the few worksafe ones: https://www.oglaf.com/theodicy/

Why do bad things happen to Sean Hannity?

Jar of Bats.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19124 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:34 pm »

Former first lady Barbara Bush just passed away.
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 3511