Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 [1276] 1277 1278 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3579454 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #19125 on: April 17, 2018, 06:52:37 pm »

Looks like she decided herself to stop medical treatment. COPD was a factor.

Respected by a lot of people, she was.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19126 on: April 19, 2018, 02:19:06 am »

Thread seems quiet. Is no one else shocked or outraged by the average-ness of Tump's hands? Has apathy amongst the American people reached the point that no one cares about the length of their president's digits?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:20:58 am by wobbly »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19127 on: April 19, 2018, 09:14:14 am »

Thread seems quiet. Is no one else shocked or outraged by the average-ness of Tump's hands? Has apathy amongst the American people reached the point that no one cares about the length of their president's digits?

I think it's just that none of the current news is really amenable to comment. People have learned to ignore the random noises coming from the White House, it having been conclusively demonstrated that they bear no particular relationship to reality. No one therefore feels especially driven to comment on them, much less react to them. Without that, there is nothing for Congress to do but campaign and lie about their prospects in November, which isn't especially new or interesting, and local government just keeps running along party lines. Nothing moves the needle anymore.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19128 on: April 19, 2018, 09:34:07 am »

His hands are an abomination, but I have accepted their wretched, regular intrusion into my life the same way a cat accepts that humans exist at all.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19129 on: April 19, 2018, 09:50:11 am »

I think it's just that none of the current news is really amenable to comment. People have learned to ignore the random noises coming from the White House, it having been conclusively demonstrated that they bear no particular relationship to reality. No one therefore feels especially driven to comment on them, much less react to them. Without that, there is nothing for Congress to do but campaign and lie about their prospects in November, which isn't especially new or interesting, and local government just keeps running along party lines. Nothing moves the needle anymore.

Yeah, the Mueller investigation grinds on, sheneinighans keep happening with Stormy Daniels, things are continuing being twisty with Cohen, now Cohen's third client is apparently Sean Hannity of all people, Trump keeps passively-aggressively threatening to fire Mueller, what's new.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19130 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:42 am »

Most entertaining things I could find was just a couple Trump tweets. One where he wrote a kinda disjointed sentence about immigration, and now people are misunderstanding his use of the word "breeding" (at least I hope it's a misunderstanding), and another one where he called himself "more a Spy{sic} than [Andrew Brunson] is", which I thought was funny.

Also he seems to think that they've started building The Wall in San Diego, which they haven't. But that's okay, we all make mistakes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19131 on: April 19, 2018, 10:35:04 am »

He said 'breeding concept'. I can't help but wonder if he meant 'breeding contempt', but he usually deletes typos, so....

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19132 on: April 19, 2018, 10:48:05 am »

Judging from the rest of the tweet, I think he was talking about the concept of sanctuary cities, and how they were "crime infested and -breeding". As in, infested by crime and also breeding more crime.

I used to translate non-native and drunken posts for the benefit of the other members of an old gaming forum that I was unfortunately a part of many years ago. As such, I'm conversationally fluent in Stupid.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19133 on: April 19, 2018, 10:53:14 am »

Trump has also just done so many norm-destroying things that there aren't many fluid expectations about him anymore. If, tomorrow, Mueller released a report detailing with concrete proof how Trump has been selling our nuclear codes directly to Vladimir Putin in exchange for the services of Russian prostitutes in defiling anything Obama ever touched and also acting out the President's Daily Brief as a skit so he wouldn't have to read any long words, then bragged to Mueller about his negotiating skills  in pitching the idea to Putin and rejecting a similar bid by Xi because "geishas are too ethnic"*, the following would happen:

1. ~55% of the country would declare this to be exactly what they've always known he was doing and grumble about how Congress will do nothing.
2. ~35% of the country would demand the immediate impeachment of Hillary Clinton.
3. Evangelical leaders would say they never expected him to be a Boy Scout.
4. Ryan would argue that tax cuts are very important.
5. McConnell would criticize Senate Democrats for delaying the nomination of judges.
6. Sarah Huckabee Sanders would declare this week infrastructure week.

In other words, just another Tuesday.

*every error here is entirely intentional.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 11:02:09 am by Trekkin »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #19134 on: April 19, 2018, 10:57:43 am »

Look, if Americans didn't want the nuclear launch codes used as a prop for an erotic waterplay session, they wouldn't have voted for a maverick like Trump.

As an aside to go back a bit, when I hear people ask "What would Russia gain from supporting Trump if he wasn't a puppet?" I always just think "because chaos is a ladduhr" :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 11:03:14 am by MorleyDev »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19135 on: April 19, 2018, 01:49:50 pm »

Alex Jones is being sued by some of the parents of the victims at Sandy Hook.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19136 on: April 19, 2018, 02:01:59 pm »

I had to look that up, wow Alex, even though he backtracked on the issue, saying that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged makes holocaust deniers look sane and rational.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19137 on: April 19, 2018, 02:09:38 pm »

But remember, he can't be held accountable for anything he says on set! He's just playing a character!

And yeah, one thing is saying that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged and that the parent cradling their dead child with a bullet hole in his head "couldn't have happened" because it didn't match the timeline...

...But it's another thing entirely to make those atrocious claims because vampires.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19138 on: April 19, 2018, 02:13:18 pm »

What's worse is that his accusations actually got some the victim's parents to receive death threats.
Sad fact is, there's Alex fans out there that are paranoid schizophrenic enough to consider violence over his conspiracy yadda yadda.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19139 on: April 19, 2018, 02:24:51 pm »

Oh yeah, that's right... I actually knew that, but I guess my mind must have blocked it out. Because what you really need the unimaginable horror of losing your child is to have some fuckwit Floridian call your home phone and threaten your life because you're "hiding the truth".

Yeah, naw, fuck people. We've earned that Satan missile.
Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 [1276] 1277 1278 ... 3513