Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 3512

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3577630 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #20895 on: June 17, 2018, 09:54:20 am »

I'm not hearing much about the modern-day Spiro Agnew (SFAICT, he's staying under the radar either deliberately or because he couldn't be seen through the Trump chaffe if he wanted...). Do you think he'll be Forded, or is this another significant difference preventing history being repeated?

Pence? He hasn't actually done anything wrong aside from his views on gays and some poor choices that just show he's human.

Unlike Trump, Pence doesn't have much of a connection to the collusion with Russia. Actually, he's been coincidentially and conveniently absent at some key points (aside from the June meeting where he hadn't joined yet anyway), a little too coincidentially if you ask me.....

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20896 on: June 17, 2018, 09:57:47 am »

"Pence hasn't done anything wrong?"

Good god.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: June 17, 2018, 10:07:22 am »

Good god.

He hasn't done anything legally wrong that is. I do think he is the high priest of Trumpism and that's probably what he wants people to think, but it's a view that's going to stick to him.

If he ever ran for President, I can imagine opponents running ads of him in high priest garb and praying to a giant golden statue of Trump.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:09:24 am by smjjames »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: June 17, 2018, 10:37:22 am »

Good god.
That's just a measure of Trump's behaviour, probably. (I think it's to his advantage. Let the hate ablate upon the front-man, and escape most of the accusations each end of the spectrum could lay against him. He can do his Deep State stuff under the noses of those who decry the Democratic Deep State/MsM Coalition trying to lie about their man-god that is Trump, while the Left has the Eejit In Charge to call out for hypocrisy and all the rest (maybe forgetting where that then leads...).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: June 17, 2018, 11:18:32 am »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20900 on: June 17, 2018, 04:37:22 pm »

A shooting is being reported at a New Jersey art festival. Current numbers are 17 shot, 4 in critical condition.

Apparently this was gang related, with multiple suspected shooters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20901 on: June 17, 2018, 04:51:26 pm »

The ironic thing is that they had (or were going to have) a display or live mural protesting gun violence.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20902 on: June 17, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »

The solution is to ban arts festivals.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20903 on: June 17, 2018, 05:01:11 pm »

I'm sure the NRA are sending thoughts and prayers.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20904 on: June 17, 2018, 05:20:12 pm »

Trump hasn't tweeted yet. Can't be clearcut FOO on BAR violence, for obvious FOOs and BARs.

(Latest tweet, at the moment, is "WITCH HUNT! (...) no Russian Collusion (....) no Russian Collusion (...) no Russian Collusion (...) phony Russian Collusion (...) made up Hoax (...) Crooked Hillary (...)", where I've removed words that were probably added in by someone else before submission to make it marginally more readable but slightly less like what he must have been actually thinking at that moment.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20905 on: June 19, 2018, 04:27:56 am »

Tramp has threatened China with 200 billion dollars worth of counter-counter tariffs, in response to China's counter-tariffs.
China has already called it blackmail.

In other news, Trump has ordered the Pentagon to establish a new, sixth branch of the military: Space Force, to defend the US' extraterrestrial interests.
R.I.P. outer space treaty I suppose. Expect China and Russia to start putting WMDs in orbit.

Trump is really doing his damn best to turn the US into the 'most untrustworthy nation in the world' when it comes to international agreements.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:37:29 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20906 on: June 19, 2018, 06:26:56 am »

Tramp has threatened China with 200 billion dollars worth of counter-counter tariffs, in response to China's counter-tariffs.

*10% tariffs on 200 billions dollars' worth of goods.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: June 19, 2018, 07:33:43 am »

In other news, Trump has ordered the Pentagon to establish a new, sixth branch of the military: Space Force, to defend the US' extraterrestrial interests.
R.I.P. outer space treaty I suppose. Expect China and Russia to start putting WMDs in orbit.

Trump is really doing his damn best to turn the US into the 'most untrustworthy nation in the world' when it comes to international agreements.
It was brought up last month in the thread.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:37:51 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: June 19, 2018, 10:46:13 am »

You used that word, I don't think it means what you think it means: https://twitter.com/Donald__Tramp
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 3512