Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1561 1562 [1563] 1564 1565 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532578 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #23430 on: September 13, 2018, 03:38:48 pm »

Was chatting with a friend today about Trump's latest comments and came to this realization:

Watching Trump as President is a constant state of horrified fascination, akin to watching a drunk guy waving around a loaded handgun while he's yelling about something nonsensical.

Is he going to shoot someone? Maybe himself? Maybe the ceiling?
On purpose or accidentally?
Does he even know it's loaded?
Does he even know it's a gun?
Somebody should do something, but jeez trying to engage him just makes him more agitated....maybe we can just wait for him to pass out and then take the gun away?

This is what EVERY DAY is like now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23431 on: September 13, 2018, 05:06:03 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23432 on: September 13, 2018, 05:08:41 pm »

Was chatting with a friend today about Trump's latest comments and came to this realization:

Watching Trump as President is a constant state of horrified fascination, akin to watching a drunk guy waving around a loaded handgun while he's yelling about something nonsensical.

Is he going to shoot someone? Maybe himself? Maybe the ceiling?
On purpose or accidentally?
Does he even know it's loaded?
Does he even know it's a gun?
Somebody should do something, but jeez trying to engage him just makes him more agitated....maybe we can just wait for him to pass out and then take the gun away?

This is what EVERY DAY is like now.
That and he's got a fan club who keep giving him shells and bourbon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23433 on: September 13, 2018, 06:14:29 pm »

So apparently as a hurricane humps up to the coast, massachusetts is exploding? Dozens of explosions, things catching fire. Sounds sorta' like a monumentally colossal fuck up on the part of some gas company or another, from what I've noticed.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23434 on: September 13, 2018, 09:40:58 pm »

I'm seeing buzz about Julia Salazar winning her primary.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23435 on: September 13, 2018, 10:46:04 pm »

I had heard about it, and want to look into it after I've had eight ten hours of sleep.

But hey, turnout is up too. That's always nice.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23436 on: September 13, 2018, 11:39:06 pm »

So apparently as a hurricane humps up to the coast, massachusetts is exploding? Dozens of explosions, things catching fire. Sounds sorta' like a monumentally colossal fuck up on the part of some gas company or another, from what I've noticed.

I'm not fully convinced these two things are related.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23437 on: September 14, 2018, 12:02:33 am »

God's punishment, obviously :P
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23438 on: September 14, 2018, 12:06:05 am »

God's punishment, obviously :P

Let me know when the swarms of locusts show up. :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #23439 on: September 14, 2018, 01:23:19 am »

Speaking of God, his spokesman is apparently in hot water. Apparently some people want him to be MORE forgiving of the pedophiles inside the church, but LESS forgiving of the gays outside of the church.

This makes sense, of course, because Jesus was all about having an unaccountable priesthood and lots and lots of judging of everyone else.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23440 on: September 14, 2018, 02:39:21 am »

Speaking of God, his spokesman is apparently in hot water. Apparently some people want him to be MORE forgiving of the pedophiles inside the church, but LESS forgiving of the gays outside of the church.

This makes sense, of course, because Jesus was all about having an unaccountable priesthood and lots and lots of judging of everyone else.

Wasn't it Jesus who said "Throw the first stone, and throw it really hard so whoever you threw at can't throw back."?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23441 on: September 14, 2018, 02:54:12 am »

No, but what jesus really did say is probably more meaningful.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

with the implication, heavily smeared in, that the people who were dragging the "whore" out into street to be stoned, were likely making use of prostitutes, and were equally sinful, and had no grounds to claim any kind of moral high-ground.

Often, the people that are the hardest on homosexuals, are the ones that harbor secret homosexual tendencies themselves, and or-- are closet homosexuals that hate their own homosexuality (for a variety of reasons.)  In this case, you gotta wonder why they want to "go easier" on kid-diddling clergy, and go full "Hellfire condemnation" on people who engage in consensual sex with other adults. 

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone indeed.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23442 on: September 14, 2018, 03:30:06 am »

No, clearly that passage means that only the priesthood can call to condemn people, as the priesthood is by definition without sin. Bang. Interpreted.

Can you imagine having to actually work with him?
Remember the talk before about how Trump was only running so he could get a lucrative book deal out of the campaign? Well, looks like there's definitely going to be a lucrative book deal coming out of this... It'll just be in the hands of Woodward.

Anyways, that's terrifying. I know the presidency looks bad from the outside, but I wanted to think that there was at least a scrap of competence in the inner workings.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23443 on: September 14, 2018, 06:55:55 am »

No, but what jesus really did say is probably more meaningful.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

with the implication, heavily smeared in, that the people who were dragging the "whore" out into street to be stoned, were likely making use of prostitutes, and were equally sinful, and had no grounds to claim any kind of moral high-ground.

Often, the people that are the hardest on homosexuals, are the ones that harbor secret homosexual tendencies themselves, and or-- are closet homosexuals that hate their own homosexuality (for a variety of reasons.)  In this case, you gotta wonder why they want to "go easier" on kid-diddling clergy, and go full "Hellfire condemnation" on people who engage in consensual sex with other adults. 

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone indeed.

wierd, stop sucking the fun out of things.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23444 on: September 14, 2018, 07:21:00 am »

Man, the sedevacationists are really popping up everywhere.

I mean, given that I am a filthy apostate pagan this is just amusing and more future potential research material, but still.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 1561 1562 [1563] 1564 1565 ... 3511