Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1629 1630 [1631] 1632 1633 ... 3512

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3576190 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24450 on: October 20, 2018, 09:14:02 pm »

They're aiming for that illegal interstate immigrant vote.
 :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24451 on: October 20, 2018, 10:21:04 pm »

So nukes are on the agenda again? Seeing something about Trump pulling out of the agreement with Russia?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24452 on: October 20, 2018, 10:30:57 pm »

To be perfectly fair, it is more "We're officially ending the treaty that you've been blatantly violating for the last decade" than anything else.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24453 on: October 21, 2018, 10:17:56 pm »

“Sex means a person’s status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth,” the department proposed in the memo, which was drafted and has been circulating since last spring. “The sex listed on a person’s birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person’s sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence.”

Trump has a surprising amount of support among gays.  Higher than you'd expect for a "Republican" anyway.  There's been this idea that, sure he's awful in a lot of ways, but at least he isn't a Moral Majority.
only appointed one as his running mate, that's all, it's 4D chess he didn't mean it.

oh no how did this happen

I'm conflating trans and gay here because there's a reason we're in an alliance together, it's because they don't see the difference.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #24454 on: October 21, 2018, 10:44:26 pm »

Hey man, we just had a fruitless sex/gender discussion, no need to start another one /s

In other news, the Saudis have gone from “pfft, Khashoggi left the consulate” to “he died in the consulate” to “yeah he was murdered in the consulate” over the course of a week or so.

Good thing that doesn’t call into question their denial that Crown Prince Bin Salman had anything to do with it. I guess you could make the case the “rogue operators” involved were just that good at hiding it from their superiors..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24455 on: October 21, 2018, 10:53:53 pm »

Er...

I keep seeing adverts against Proposition 8, which is something that would limit the amount of money kidney dialysis clinics can make, or something like that. I think this is a California only thing. I live in Wisconsin.

Is this normal?

I thought you lived in the UK? and yeah, it's weird that you and hanslanda are seeing California ads all the way over there. I really don't see the point of airing California only ads in other states. I'd understand bleed-over into Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona, but Wisconsin and Missouri?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:56:01 pm by smjjames »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #24456 on: October 21, 2018, 11:13:59 pm »

I am of the UK, but I live in the US.

It does seem an incredibly inefficient use of advertising money. Though I think the money being spent on the “no” side, from my brief look into it,  aty outstrips the money from the “yes” camp.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24457 on: October 21, 2018, 11:19:11 pm »

I know you're of the UK, just thought you lived in the UK as well, now I know.

And yeah, looking at ballotpedia, the opposition funding is nearly 100 million.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24458 on: October 21, 2018, 11:21:20 pm »

“Sex means a person’s status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth,” the department proposed in the memo, which was drafted and has been circulating since last spring. “The sex listed on a person’s birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person’s sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence.”

Trump has a surprising amount of support among gays.  Higher than you'd expect for a "Republican" anyway.  There's been this idea that, sure he's awful in a lot of ways, but at least he isn't a Moral Majority.
only appointed one as his running mate, that's all, it's 4D chess he didn't mean it.

I'm conflating trans and gay here because there's a reason we're in an alliance together, it's because they don't see the difference.
:-\
I mean, I also believe sex is physically based and genetically defined, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Don and Mike "Deus Volt" Pence don't discriminate between sex and gender.

Which means this is going to be a fucking problem. God, I'm so tired of the Republican Party.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24459 on: October 22, 2018, 12:11:51 am »

:-\
I mean, I also believe sex is physically based and genetically defined, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Don and Mike "Deus Volt" Pence don't discriminate between sex and gender.

Which means this is going to be a fucking problem. God, I'm so tired of the Republican Party.

This kind of extremeness does seem like something Mike Pence would do since Trump just freely sways with the wind. Also, it's 'Deus Vult', I guess Deus Volt would be like god lightning or something. Maybe Zeus (heh the sexual exploits comparison) or Thor....

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24460 on: October 22, 2018, 12:14:36 am »

The "volt" is intentional.  In many circles, both pro and anti, Mike Pence is memed as supporting electroshock therapy for gayness.

Probably because he literally did support that and never recanted it.
But as good liberals, we shouldn't let that long established history cloud our opinion of him.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24461 on: October 22, 2018, 12:28:17 am »

The "volt" is intentional.  In many circles, both pro and anti, Mike Pence is memed as supporting electroshock therapy for gayness.

"Faraday the Gay Away"?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24462 on: October 22, 2018, 12:35:00 am »

Exactly
I actually do laugh at this shit really hard

Comedy is controversy multiple by time, or something.
Except it's
current

She/they

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24463 on: October 22, 2018, 01:31:04 am »

You'll only get hot around the collar if you resist. :)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24464 on: October 22, 2018, 04:29:46 am »

I'd like to coulomb all ohm your amperes, baby.
Pages: 1 ... 1629 1630 [1631] 1632 1633 ... 3512