Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1642 1643 [1644] 1645 1646 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3534901 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24645 on: October 27, 2018, 10:27:49 am »

Additional detail out this morning that Sayoc was also a DJ at a strip club and occasional male stripper.
Don't really see the relevance of this information, but I do see another mental image that I didn't necessarily need.

I legit thought this was a joke article when I spotted it.

R u real
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24646 on: October 27, 2018, 10:38:40 am »

Additional detail out this morning that Sayoc was also a DJ at a strip club and occasional male stripper.
Don't really see the relevance of this information, but I do see another mental image that I didn't necessarily need.

R u real

@kagus: Maybe relevant because Florida Man? Though yeah, I otherwise don't see the relevance of that information.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24647 on: October 27, 2018, 10:49:26 am »

R u real

@kagus: Maybe relevant because Florida Man? Though yeah, I otherwise don't see the relevance of that information.

The article I read claimed that he was crazy then too, threatening to kill his co-workers when they overshadowed him, and also said he taped tuna can lids to his feet and threatened to cut people up with them.

This is why I assumed the whole concept was a joke.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24648 on: October 27, 2018, 11:33:03 am »

Heavyset white male with a beard walked into a Pittsburgh synagogue this morning, yelled "All Jews Must Die!" and opened fire, killing at least 4. Also shot 3 cops who responded to the attack. Was taken injured but alive, because of course he was -- he's white.

Just another day in Trumperica, circa 2018.

EDIT: Casualty downgraded based on available information.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:36:12 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24649 on: October 27, 2018, 11:43:42 am »

This white on white violence must stop.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24650 on: October 27, 2018, 11:49:18 am »

Let's not open that particular can of worms, okay?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24651 on: October 27, 2018, 11:57:49 am »

I believe it was a joke regarding "black on black violence."

Yes, which is a) just generally tasteless and b) comes perilously close to insinuating something about the whiteness of Jews, which is a topic we are absolutely not equipped to handle in a suitable way.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24652 on: October 27, 2018, 12:08:00 pm »

I don't expect any respect for the dead police officers here, but I really wasn't expecting BLM talking points this time.

He was taken alive because a lot of officers were on site, so they had more options than a typical lone cop.  I guess he probably wasn't as suicidal as most domestic terrorists, or he screwed up badly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24653 on: October 27, 2018, 12:13:32 pm »

Yes, which is a) just generally tasteless and b) comes perilously close to insinuating something about the whiteness of Jews, which is a topic we are absolutely not equipped to handle in a suitable way.

It was a joke. It was tasteless. But it's damn frustrating when race gets brought into things without cause. Isn't it?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24654 on: October 27, 2018, 12:15:46 pm »

It was a joke. It was tasteless. But it's damn frustrating when race gets brought into things without cause. Isn't it?

Like.... Jews? Where are we going with this? What does BLM have to do with a white guy gunning down some folks in a Jewish Synagogue and the 3 cops that tried to stop him?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24655 on: October 27, 2018, 12:23:34 pm »

Mostly referring back to Redking's:

Heavyset white male... Was taken injured but alive, because of course he was -- he's white.

The BLM message being that if he were black he wouldn't have been taken alive.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24656 on: October 27, 2018, 12:32:42 pm »

Yeah, RedKing pretty much posted an engraved invitation for people to start arguing race with that gratuitous bit of snark.  Arrest rates or fatality rates during arrests for whites versus non-whites really aren't relevant to the discussion of someone shooting up a synagogue.

But if we want an actual news story to go with it: NY Times coverage.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:39:32 pm by Culise »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24657 on: October 27, 2018, 12:37:32 pm »

It's frustrating if you're white, I suppose. It's oppressive to the point of being frequently fatal otherwise.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24658 on: October 27, 2018, 12:39:00 pm »

I don't expect any respect for the dead police officers here, but I really wasn't expecting BLM talking points this time.

He was taken alive because a lot of officers were on site, so they had more options than a typical lone cop.  I guess he probably wasn't as suicidal as most domestic terrorists, or he screwed up badly.

*black man is in own apartment*

FEARED FOR HER LIFE FROM THE URBAN REFFER FIEND THAT

*white man opens fire on cops after massacring a Synagogue*

God Bless America for the rational restraint shown by Our Boys in taking this economically anxious mentally ill patriot alive, despite the agitations of BLM terrorists and minority opportunists
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24659 on: October 27, 2018, 12:41:03 pm »

Mostly referring back to Redking's:

Heavyset white male... Was taken injured but alive, because of course he was -- he's white.

The BLM message being that if he were black he wouldn't have been taken alive.
Convince me otherwise, bro.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1642 1643 [1644] 1645 1646 ... 3511