Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3575367 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24675 on: October 27, 2018, 04:57:58 pm »

If it weren't for his son in law, I'm sure Trump would be blaming the victims right now.
He already kinda has, saying the synagogue should have had armed guards.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24676 on: October 27, 2018, 05:01:39 pm »

Or his daughter for that matter.

If it weren't for his son in law, I'm sure Trump would be blaming the victims right now.

And we have no way of knowing outside of directly asking the shooter if that would have stopped them from even trying. Then again, they'd just try at a different location and people would be saying THAT location needed guards.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24677 on: October 27, 2018, 05:06:39 pm »

Ah yes, the humble synagogue. One should always expect to see devout and humble worshipers and a knowledgeable rabbi flanked by his hand-picked and heavily-armed paramilitary detail. Full body armor is encouraged, but not enforced.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #24678 on: October 27, 2018, 05:48:23 pm »

Isn't God supposed to keep his various houses safe? I thought that was what we gave him tax-exempt status for?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24679 on: October 27, 2018, 05:50:39 pm »

No that's what he gave us military-grade weaponry on a civilian level for.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24680 on: October 27, 2018, 05:54:46 pm »

Havah Kalashnikov

This is part and parcel of the ammosexual worldview -- that our places of sanctuary, by virtue of being sanctuaries, should be heavily-defended bastions.

Schools, churches, synagogues...presumably not mosques, because if a mosque started having armed guards and paramilitaries those same people tut-tutting the synagogue for it's lack of protection would be losing their collective shit.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #24681 on: October 27, 2018, 06:16:55 pm »

Jesus though, two right-wing terror attacks in the month leading up to Election day. Are we looking at a 15-point surge for the Republicans, or a 25-point surge for the Republicans?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24682 on: October 27, 2018, 06:20:04 pm »

Obviously the Republicans will be providing safety from gun attacks, so you should vote for them. /s

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24683 on: October 27, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »

I mean, they could effectively stop these attacks if they didn't encourage them. Truly, the best defence from terrorism a country can have.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24684 on: October 27, 2018, 07:33:06 pm »

Jesus though, two right-wing terror attacks in the month leading up to Election day. Are we looking at a 15-point surge for the Republicans, or a 25-point surge for the Republicans?
"SCOTUS rules 5-4 in favor of #TeamTrump today that votes gained without strict photo ID are invalidated, bringing dozens of 'defeated' Republican candidates into the winner's table. The Democratic Party has released a statement urging their supporters to committed calm and civility in these divided times. Up next, the New York Times takes a deep dive into the life and times of newly appointed Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Richard Spencer, and his plan to bring America into the 21st century."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24685 on: October 27, 2018, 07:41:04 pm »

I mean, they could effectively stop these attacks if they didn't encourage them. Truly, the best defence from terrorism a country can have.
Nonsense, this is not the American way
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You need to fund a moderate proxy group to wage war on the extremist proxy group clearly

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24686 on: October 27, 2018, 07:43:47 pm »

*Neoliberal Crime Squad intensifies*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24687 on: October 27, 2018, 07:50:45 pm »

Ah yes, the humble synagogue. One should always expect to see devout and humble worshipers and a knowledgeable rabbi flanked by his hand-picked and heavily-armed paramilitary detail. Full body armor is encouraged, but not enforced.
Now you're up to the European standard

*Neoliberal Crime Squad intensifies*
"My firemen are the best. My firemen are the greatest. We don't need to put out fires, we need big, beautiful flamethrowers, my firemen have the best flamethrowers, even Elon Musk is telling me "woah those are beautiful flamethrowers."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24688 on: October 27, 2018, 08:56:47 pm »

"SCOTUS rules 5-4 in favor of #TeamTrump today that votes gained without strict photo ID are invalidated, bringing dozens of 'defeated' Republican candidates into the winner's table. The Democratic Party has released a statement urging their supporters to committed calm and civility in these divided times. Up next, the New York Times takes a deep dive into the life and times of newly appointed Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Richard Spencer, and his plan to bring America into the 21st century."
I absolutely believe you're going to see Kris Kobach and Brian Kemp make that sort of argument if they lose, especially if it's a narrow loss. And buoyed by a few high-profile instances, you may see a wave of Republican candidates refuse to concede under a spurious "cloud of voter fraud". How that shakes out may determine if there's even a point to having a 2020 election.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #24689 on: October 27, 2018, 09:38:39 pm »

I think democracy is overrated. What we need is a strong willed dictator that tells people what to think

This is the line between hard power and soft power.

With hard power, the oligarch's media tells you what to think. With soft power, the oligarch's media tells you what to think about. In the modern version the media tells you what the acceptable arena of debate is, then they define the acceptable "sides" in that debate for you. Then they give you "freedom to make your own mind up", but the freedom is like saying "Which soda is right for you? Coke or Pepsi?"

Orwell's propaganda machine as described in 1984 is obsolete technology. Modern propaganda is in fact the successor to traditional propaganda. A single unified "what to think" platform that doesn't allow any debate is very brittle and allows opponents to develop their own alternative channels to discuss things which are out of state control, and thus can form a united front against the state. Alternatively, presenting every story as having a range of allowed opinions means you can control the topics of debate and ensure that the populace is too busy arguing with each other about the details to challenge the state itself in any coherent way.
In short, defining the Overton window is more useful than narrowing it to a single point.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 3514