Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595239 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #27300 on: January 15, 2019, 05:04:59 am »

But what's 37 in lizard years?

( 37 * (6 + 6 + 6) )
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:14:10 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27301 on: January 15, 2019, 05:09:05 am »

Hoooly shit that's true

Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27302 on: January 15, 2019, 07:05:04 am »

No you messed up, you need to use lizard math to calculate that properly, regular math won't do.

(and no I don't know lizard math since I'm not a lizard)

(and yes I know that's what a lizard would say, but I'm not one, honest!)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27303 on: January 15, 2019, 07:45:57 am »

No you messed up, you need to use lizard math to calculate that properly, regular math won't do.

(and no I don't know lizard math since I'm not a lizard)

(and yes I know that's what a lizard would say, but I'm not one, honest!)

Hah, you messed up. How do you know that's not actually lizard math?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27304 on: January 15, 2019, 08:25:10 am »

Because only real lizard people know lizard math, and you can't be one since I haven't seen you on any of the mee...

Nevermind, you're right, she's totes 666 lizard years old.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27305 on: January 15, 2019, 08:41:05 am »

Incidentally, Steve King finally got tangibly punished by the GOP for being a white supremacist. There are also multiple censure motions against him and a resolution of disapproval, but these are from Democrats.

It is, I think, telling that this is the point when the GOP has decided that racism might be an issue, after two years of unswerving loyalty to our racist President has gotten us, and more pertinently them, into the present catastrophe with no end in sight and worsening polls.

EDIT: Or maybe it was his serving fast food at the White House and bragging about it to reporters because "I would think that's their favorite food." Our vicious idiot king, everyone.
I misread that as Steven King, thought 2019 was opening to a surprising start

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27306 on: January 15, 2019, 11:27:55 am »

*checks Trumps twitter* I notice he hasn't (yet) started raving about how William Barr (Attorney General during George H.W. Bush's admin and Trumps AG nominee) isn't going to control the Mueller investigation and is basically promising to recuse* hinself from it.

*Well, he didn't say it outright, he said that he'd follow the DOJ's ethics experts recommendations.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27307 on: January 15, 2019, 11:36:40 am »

If Trump's not raving mad about it, it's probably not good for Mueller or the U.S...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27308 on: January 15, 2019, 12:02:58 pm »

*checks Trumps twitter* I notice he hasn't (yet) started raving about how William Barr (Attorney General during George H.W. Bush's admin and Trumps AG nominee) isn't going to control the Mueller investigation and is basically promising to recuse* hinself from it.

*Well, he didn't say it outright, he said that he'd follow the DOJ's ethics experts recommendations.

I would caution against reading too much into that. If he did go on a tirade, Fox News would ask why he didn't withdraw his nomination, and somebody has probably explained to him how bad that would look either way. Besides, the sooner a new AG is in, the sooner Rosenstein is out, and he may be just that driven by personal animus now.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27309 on: January 15, 2019, 01:07:19 pm »

If Trump's not raving mad about it, it's probably not good for Mueller or the U.S...

It's hard for him to be raving mad about more than one thing at a time. And he's still too busy smugly patting himself on the back for the fast food feast he provided last night to a college football team.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27310 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:06 pm »

Looks like Burger King was present in the fast food feast, so Trump can now say that we're America, land of the free and home of the Whopper.

I'm sure there's a McDonald's joke in Trump's name somewhere too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27311 on: January 15, 2019, 01:51:10 pm »

I mean I'm amused, but also not understanding why it's this much of a huge deal that he served fast food? Were they like, promised a banquet? Are previous winning teams invited to the white house served fancy dinners? Legit asking here.

Like imma be honest here if I was back in college and literally anyone set before me a massive spread of Wendy's and Pizza I would not complain. TBH you could do this for me now and be met with sound approval.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27312 on: January 15, 2019, 02:08:39 pm »

Oh egads! My roast is ruined!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27313 on: January 15, 2019, 02:15:07 pm »

I believe they were, in fact, served semi-fancy dinners courtesy of the White House catering staff. The folks who are currently a bit preoccupied with being furloughed.

And I'd hope that it's less the fact they were served a bunch of fast food (which, considering the situation, is honestly just fine. Frankly I find it a better solution than just cancelling the dinner altogether, and it was probably the more economical/"safe" choice as far as take-away options are considered, so credit where credit is due); and more the fact that Trump's being hilariously proud of not only himself for somehow singlehandedly defeating his own shutdown by ordering food, but also of the spread for the sheer America-ness of fast food and how his favorite dish is "all of it. All American food is the best".

Is there actually a clear history of burgers? You've got your Belgian fries and your Italian pizza, but where are hamburgers from? I'm going to go ahead and assume it's not Hamburg.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27314 on: January 15, 2019, 02:19:27 pm »

the fact that Trump's being hilariously proud of not only himself for somehow singlehandedly defeating his own shutdown by ordering food, but also of the spread for the sheer America-ness of fast food and how his favorite dish is "all of it. All American food is the best".

Is there actually a clear history of burgers? You've got your Belgian fries and your Italian pizza, but where are hamburgers from? I'm going to go ahead and assume it's not Hamburg.

Got it, yes, that makes more sense in context with Trump.

I believe the hamburger is generally accepted to be invented in Texas? At least (I think) some guy claimed to have made it there first, but there have been many claims overall from various location. It is generally an American invention though, yes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 3515