Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1820 1821 [1822] 1823 1824 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533750 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #27315 on: January 15, 2019, 02:36:37 pm »

I mean I'm amused, but also not understanding why it's this much of a huge deal that he served fast food? Were they like, promised a banquet? Are previous winning teams invited to the white house served fancy dinners? Legit asking here.

Like imma be honest here if I was back in college and literally anyone set before me a massive spread of Wendy's and Pizza I would not complain. TBH you could do this for me now and be met with sound approval.

I think it's just that it's classic Trump: absurdly gauche and perfectly in line with a stereotypical kid's dream of being rich. Funny, yes, but beneath the dignity of the office.

And yeah, usually people invited to the White House are fed via the White House mess, which can serve up to 140 (although it only has seating for 50). The food varies, but it's cooked by Navy cooks and you can find menus. Event food is broadly similar.

Is there actually a clear history of burgers? You've got your Belgian fries and your Italian pizza, but where are hamburgers from? I'm going to go ahead and assume it's not Hamburg.

Actually there is; hamburgers came from Hamburg steaks, which were either chopped or pounded steak patties filled with fried onions. They got sandwich-ified in the mid-1800s for convenience, since they could be cooked fast but need a knife and fork to eat before someone stuck them in a bun.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27316 on: January 15, 2019, 05:03:59 pm »

Oh egads! My roast is ruined!
+1

This is exactly how it happened.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27317 on: January 15, 2019, 05:04:50 pm »

Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27318 on: January 16, 2019, 12:31:33 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27319 on: January 16, 2019, 04:16:43 am »

Kirsten Gillibrand says she's running for President.
Not merely content to speak with the manager, the young suburban mother decides to become the manager.

I mean, at least there are a few more female candidates running this time around, so there's that...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #27320 on: January 16, 2019, 06:48:16 am »

I mean I'm amused, but also not understanding why it's this much of a huge deal that he served fast food? Were they like, promised a banquet? Are previous winning teams invited to the white house served fancy dinners? Legit asking here.
Like imma be honest here if I was back in college and literally anyone set before me a massive spread of Wendy's and Pizza I would not complain. TBH you could do this for me now and be met with sound approval.

Serving fast food to guests at a formal occasion is certainly a low-class move, well below the dignity of the White House. But considering that they were hosting football players and not dignitaries or anything, yeah it's not that big of a deal.
The way that Trump bragged about defeating the shutdown by ordering burgers is a bit of an insult to the people struggling to figure out how they will buy food and medicine for their families without paychecks. Also, Trump bragged that he bought over 1000 burgers, when fact-checkers are finding that the number was actually a bit shy of 300. So just usual Trump BS.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27321 on: January 16, 2019, 11:45:31 am »

hamberders
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27322 on: January 16, 2019, 12:04:36 pm »

Halberders?
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27323 on: January 16, 2019, 12:06:50 pm »

More like a modern version of Baron von Munchausen, and how he saved the day.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27324 on: January 16, 2019, 12:53:08 pm »

Pence says ISIS has been defeated, hours after an attack that killed US troops in Syria. Looks like we have our Mission Accomplished moment.....

(yes, I know Trump has claimed victory, but the visuals and cognitive dissonance of this one seals it)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27325 on: January 16, 2019, 01:02:28 pm »

Pence says ISIS has been defeated, hours after an attack that killed US troops in Syria. Looks like we have our Mission Accomplished moment.....

(yes, I know Trump has claimed victory, but the visuals and cognitive dissonance of this one seals it)
These statements are not dissonant, it is a peculiarity of the war of terror that 'victory' has become synonymous with total extermination of the enemy. This is the problem with prior American efforts in the war on terror, there is no victory condition, no point at which the American armed forces may withdraw. No other country as far as I am aware fights a war with no victory condition; Russia set its objectives in their Syrian intervention and withdrew without requiring the complete extermination of ISIS, France set its objectives and explicitly ruled out the extermination of ISIS as a feasible objective in their West African intervention. It is about time the US modernised its foreign policy, which currently only serves the interests of the military-industrial complex in tying up American troops & cash in pointless conflicts which will never end.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27326 on: January 16, 2019, 01:03:28 pm »

Maybe that attack was the last ISIS guys on the planet and they're literally all dead now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27327 on: January 16, 2019, 01:08:06 pm »

Maybe that attack was the last ISIS guys on the planet and they're literally all dead now.

Mission.

Accomplished.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27328 on: January 16, 2019, 01:09:11 pm »

Even if that was the case, ISIS memes would survive, like an antiobiotic resistant bacteria

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27329 on: January 16, 2019, 01:11:32 pm »

This just in, US Goverment declars War on Memes.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1820 1821 [1822] 1823 1824 ... 3511