Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1842 1843 [1844] 1845 1846 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3591632 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #27645 on: January 25, 2019, 12:06:22 pm »

I found is amusing in Trump's speech yesterday when he spent several minutes emphasizing how it is completely impossible to stop illegal immigration without a wall. He then immediately transitioned into talking about the multiple migrant caravans of tens of thousands of people(all of whom intended to enter the US illegally, of course) which his administration had stopped in recent years.
But how did they stop all those illegal immigrants without a wall? That was supposed to be impossible...
"Yeah, we caught a bunch of them while we were out there... But you should've seen the size of the Mexican that got away before we could bring 'em in! It was yuge!"

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27646 on: January 25, 2019, 12:24:46 pm »

But how did they stop all those illegal immigrants without a wall? That was supposed to be impossible...

They succeeded in making america so bad that the caravans went and turned around on their own.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #27647 on: January 25, 2019, 01:04:17 pm »

Meanwhile, Roger Stone has been indicted and, apparently, arrested.
Another witch found in the witch hunt.

Roger Stone addressed the media. It was hard to hear him, over chants of 'Lock him up!'. But the gist of it seems to be that he does NOT plan to flip on Trump. Also he's pissed off that the fed's upset his dogs when they arrested him.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27648 on: January 25, 2019, 01:20:03 pm »

Also he's pissed off that the fed's upset his dogs when they arrested him.
Ah, the unsung collateral casualties of political strife.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27649 on: January 25, 2019, 01:57:28 pm »

How out of touch is that?  His dogs were upset at the agents, and didn't get shot.
He's also out on 250K bail, of course.  I'm not sure which shows more privilege.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27650 on: January 25, 2019, 02:24:55 pm »

Trump just announced that he has reached a deal to reopen the government. The deal is that he's caving and giving everything while getting nothing in return.

The Art of the Deal, ladies and gentlemen~

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27651 on: January 25, 2019, 02:27:03 pm »

How much do you want to bet this is, at least partially, a screen to attempt to cover up the Stone arrest?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27652 on: January 25, 2019, 02:30:04 pm »

Source on Trump giving up on the wall?  I can't find anything online so far.

I'm curious what the repercussions of him caving will be.  Will his base think he's being benevolent to those who are suffering?  Will they think it was all the Democrats' fault anyway?  Or will they hate him for not building the wall?  Only time will tell.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27653 on: January 25, 2019, 02:30:50 pm »

As a bonafide poor, I need to weigh in on this bread thing. Bread is flour and water, salt preferred, yeast preferred after that. You can bake it that way in like 20-30m.

It does not produce a fancy-ass loaf of bagged and sliced bread, but it produces edible bread. All that the salt and yeast does is make it tastier and fluffier. You can get ~Way~ more bread out of a bag of flour for your money than buying loaves.

I have absolutely done this.

*Ninja'd by Trump stuff*

Holy geez he caved completely? Link to that one, please. I have friends to lightly tease.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27654 on: January 25, 2019, 02:32:02 pm »

Holy geez he caved completely? Link to that one, please. I have friends to lightly tease.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-government-shutdown-reopen-deal_us_5c4b4dd6e4b0e1872d436a2c

It's just a three-week CR.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27655 on: January 25, 2019, 02:36:13 pm »

The speech is still ongoing, so not likely any web reports yet.

He has not given up on the wall, just given up on the current government shutdown tactic. His implication is that if the democrats are not forthcoming with wall funding after the government reopens, then he will proceed with his national emergency plan.

Trump also just said that he never proposed building a ocean-to-ocean concrete wall, and that would be silly because natural obstacles are entirely sufficient for most of that length. He now seems content to just do barriers(aka a fence) at key high-danger areas(which we already have). This is something the Dem's might actually agree to, but I doubt Trump will have much success selling it to his base as the wall he repeatedly promised.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27656 on: January 25, 2019, 03:02:31 pm »

Pretty sure he did promise just that, but that's Trump.

I guess it's also probably the case that he caved so he could have the state of the union address.  Can't remember where I read it, but I think it was one of the people who wrote a biography for Trump said if he caved, that would be why.  He couldn't stand the idea of not having the whole country listen to him talk.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27657 on: January 25, 2019, 03:11:26 pm »

Of course, Pelosi could always just continue to refuse him the address resolution once he signs the CR into law, just to watch him squirm.

As I recall, he once promised a 50-foot high concrete wall from sea to sea explicitly, and it kept getting 10 feet higher. Mind, his base is now believing he always meant improved smart fencing.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27658 on: January 25, 2019, 03:18:51 pm »

'Build that improved fence in select places' doesn't have the same ring to it, though.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27659 on: January 25, 2019, 03:22:16 pm »

Me Trumpist buddy confirmed for me that he was very much under the impression that Trump promised an ocean to ocean wall.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 1842 1843 [1844] 1845 1846 ... 3514