Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1846 1847 [1848] 1849 1850 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3534775 times)

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #27705 on: January 26, 2019, 01:02:36 am »

If we can manage aircraft despite all of Earth's whales, and boats despite all the seawhales, I think we can manage to build a moonbase. Just have to make sure there's enough funding for state-of-the-art anti-moonwhale harpoons.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27706 on: January 26, 2019, 01:14:54 am »

If we can manage aircraft despite all of Earth's whales, and boats despite all the seawhales, I think we can manage to build a moonbase. Just have to make sure there's enough funding for state-of-the-art anti-moonwhale harpoons.

Oh, not that. They'll dodge the harpoons. And they're bringing ambergris, they're bringing spermaceti, and some, I assume, are good whales.

We need a thirty-foot high wall of regolith all around the moon base. Just in case.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27707 on: January 26, 2019, 01:25:42 am »

Oh, not that. They'll dodge the harpoons. And they're bringing ambergris, they're bringing spermaceti, and some, I assume, are good whales.

We need a thirty-foot high wall of regolith all around the moon base. Just in case.

180 feet high. 6 times as high, to account for the lower gravity and the ease of getting over it because of it. We have to think about these things.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27709 on: January 26, 2019, 06:08:49 am »

All you science nerds should know that building on the moon and it being the waystation for further travel is the only way to go. Colonizing anything else beforehand is foolhardy.

Better: build a lunar space elevator.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27710 on: January 26, 2019, 11:20:36 am »

Yeah, it's gone way past tangentially related to politics.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:22:43 am by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27712 on: January 26, 2019, 12:43:21 pm »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27713 on: January 26, 2019, 12:50:42 pm »

Quote from: The Tweetmaster
I wish people would read or listen to my words on the Border Wall. This was in no way a concession. It was taking care of millions of people who were getting badly hurt by the Shutdown with the understanding that in 21 days, if no deal is done, it’s off to the races!

I'm doing this to help the people hurt solely as a result of my own actions, but if you don't give me what I want, I will hurt them again.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27714 on: January 26, 2019, 12:52:49 pm »

Quote from: The Tweetmaster
I wish people would read or listen to my words on the Border Wall. This was in no way a concession. It was taking care of millions of people who were getting badly hurt by the Shutdown with the understanding that in 21 days, if no deal is done, it’s off to the races!

I'm doing this to help the people hurt solely as a result of my own actions, but if you don't give me what I want, I will hurt them again.

And it will be their fault!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27715 on: January 26, 2019, 02:27:48 pm »

Maybe after all this is done we can amend the constitution to include impeachable offenses: Petulant childishness, Being an Old Loser that just Acts Tough, and Behaving like a Shithead.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27716 on: January 26, 2019, 02:30:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure Endangering the Holy Economy ranks higher on the list of offences against the Capitalic Church.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27717 on: January 26, 2019, 02:41:52 pm »

He didn't endager the economy, it's doing fine. Only the fake news media will tell you the economy is hurt. It's actually better than ever. Huge profits.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27718 on: January 26, 2019, 02:55:11 pm »

Behaving like a Shithead.

Poor Andrew Jackson.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #27719 on: January 26, 2019, 03:28:26 pm »

Holy geez he caved completely? Link to that one, please. I have friends to lightly tease.
He did, it seems.  And only one day after claiming in a tweet that WE WILL NOT CAVE!
We can all refer to him now as cave-man trump.

Pages: 1 ... 1846 1847 [1848] 1849 1850 ... 3511