Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1847 1848 [1849] 1850 1851 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3579351 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #27720 on: January 26, 2019, 03:53:46 pm »

:D

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27721 on: January 26, 2019, 04:03:27 pm »

Must not be hard for trump to blink.  I mean, most of the time he squints like the sun is directly skull fucking his face.  He's already 75% blinked.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #27722 on: January 26, 2019, 04:07:03 pm »

I mean, most of the time he squints like the sun is directly skull fucking his face.  He's already 75% blinked.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #27723 on: January 26, 2019, 04:34:35 pm »

I don't think this over sadly, but I am glad that people are actually going to get freaking paid finally.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27724 on: January 26, 2019, 04:38:34 pm »

I don't think this over
Neither does he.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #27725 on: January 26, 2019, 06:52:47 pm »

For I Have Tasted The Fungus (Why Tycoon Trump Can't Blink)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27726 on: January 26, 2019, 07:14:35 pm »

I don't think this over
Neither does he.

How can the democraps know what he is doing if he doesn't know what he is doing.

-----

Also what really dungeons my dragons: evidently not having a wall for the mexican dodge caravans is a national emergency, but Flint Michigan not having proper drinking water for like a decade is not a national emergency.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27727 on: January 26, 2019, 07:43:44 pm »

Now first of all...... you rite.

Second, Flint's water is technically drinkable in the sense that it is unlikely to actually kill a person, and also all the problematic lines are (reportedly) set to be replaced completely this year.

Also, no-one is apparently going to jail over it, because this is America.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 07:47:55 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27728 on: January 26, 2019, 08:36:24 pm »

Also what really dungeons my dragons: evidently not having a wall for the mexican dodge caravans is a national emergency, but Flint Michigan not having proper drinking water for like a decade is not a national emergency.

Nor would it necessarily help if it were, though. Declarations of national emergency are powerful, but subject to both annual requirements for renewal and regular Congressional oversight -- and Congress has good institutional reason to react negatively to attempts to override its power of the purse. Declaring one for Flint would open up a lot of money, but perhaps not for very long, and it's difficult to contract infrastructural overhauls with that kind of uncertainty. Then it becomes a political football.

"Why isn't X thing I care about today a national emergency" is the new "If we can put a man on the moon, why can't we..." and relies on the same understanding of the universal applicability of governmental power, particularly as regards the intrinsic inverse relationship between unilaterality and immutability. Horses for courses, and all that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 08:38:36 pm by Trekkin »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27729 on: January 26, 2019, 08:43:08 pm »

The biggest delay with Flint wasn't the amount spent - it is that the repairs needed are time intensive, and require specialized equipment that isn't usually needed this much. It is, after all, very unusual to have to replumb an entire town.

The core of the Flint issue is that there was no reason for the water crisis other than arrogance and outright stupidity on the part of the dictator that was put in charge of the city by the Governor of the state. If there had been a natural disaster or something with the same kind of effect, the outrage at how long it is taking would be far less.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27730 on: January 26, 2019, 09:25:07 pm »

keep in mind the local GM plant has clean water yet the rest of the town remains unblessed
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27731 on: January 26, 2019, 09:27:18 pm »

Rough point stands fairly well, though. If our current situation regarding the southern border is a national emergency there's like fifty things going on in the interior that's an order of magnitude or somethin' worse. Bloody drunk driving is probably doing more damage to the country on any given day, never mind stuff like the opioid charlie foxtrot, various environmental or infrastructure issues, etc., etc., etc. Even friggin' port security would probably better qualify.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #27733 on: January 26, 2019, 10:35:59 pm »

Bloody drunk driving is probably doing more damage to the country on any given day, never mind stuff like the opioid charlie foxtrot, various environmental or infrastructure issues, etc., etc., etc. Even friggin' port security would probably better qualify.

Don't forget rich guys who love constructing big shiny buildings but can't figure out how to make them profitable without commiting massive tax fraud.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27734 on: January 27, 2019, 12:18:59 am »

Lead exposure levels, like everywhere were a lot higher when I was a kid than they are in Flint now (leaded gasoline). The vast majority of people turned out ok. It's crappy, but it's not anywhere near national emergency level. It's just averagely crappy and you can find a zillion and one problems of equal importance.
Pages: 1 ... 1847 1848 [1849] 1850 1851 ... 3513