Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1884 1885 [1886] 1887 1888 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3571384 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28275 on: February 15, 2019, 08:57:15 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

Eh, humans will melt from climate destruction before then, wouldn't worry about it.

But won't anybody think of the microprocessors!

(Machines take over, from the self-immolated ashes of human civilisation, have a year or two starting to become the very next terran society then...  Suddenly they hit their date limit and their culture perishes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28276 on: February 15, 2019, 11:14:50 am »

Should also torpedo his approval ratings even further

He's unstoppable
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28277 on: February 15, 2019, 11:22:16 am »

Well, he went and did it. Which is good, because now it'll be held up in court for a year before being quashed by the next administration. Should also torpedo his approval ratings even further than the shutdown did.

You know his base is going to applaud it though.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28278 on: February 15, 2019, 11:27:52 am »

Well, he went and did it. Which is good, because now it'll be held up in court for a year before being quashed by the next administration. Should also torpedo his approval ratings even further than the shutdown did.

Are you implying he won't be re-elected?
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28279 on: February 15, 2019, 11:35:08 am »

It's closer to 35% I believe, but my point is that it can only go so far down.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28280 on: February 15, 2019, 11:35:26 am »

You know his base is going to applaud it though.
They would applaud if he walked in front of that podium and shit his pants. Unfortunately for him, 30% is not an electoral majority.
"Just draining the swamp!"

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28281 on: February 15, 2019, 11:44:54 am »

The parallels with the statement he retweeted off an aligned commentator of "Trying to use the 25th Amendment to try and circumvent the Election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power grabbing...which happens in third world countries." are ironic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28282 on: February 15, 2019, 12:04:32 pm »

It's at 41% currently, so there's still 6% to shave off.
What you should be checking is how much the Ellectoral College approval of him is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28283 on: February 15, 2019, 12:34:47 pm »

It's at 41% currently, so there's still 6% to shave off.
What you should be checking is how much the Ellectoral College approval of him is.
Not a single member of the Electoral College actually went against their state's popular vote. 35% is not enough, no matter how ideally spread across several states, to win the Electoral College.
Unless the Electoral College is solely composed of individuals from that 35%, and enough of them are fanatic enough to actually go against the state vote.

Which, y'know, would at least be an interesting dumpster fire.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28284 on: February 15, 2019, 12:38:49 pm »

The point stands, you just need a majority in the right places.  Keep in mind, the rating climbed back up from the previous shutdown's low.

Trump literally lies to his base that the wall's already started to get built, before he even has the money for it, and they believe him.  Wall practically runs on Orky power-of-belief.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28285 on: February 15, 2019, 12:58:09 pm »

Propaganda does run on Orky faith.  It is terrifyingly effective when it works.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28286 on: February 15, 2019, 12:59:30 pm »

I hear you are in a state of emergency.  Canada's thoughts and prayers are with you guys, I hope you all pull through.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28287 on: February 15, 2019, 02:45:45 pm »

I hear you are in a state of emergency.  Canada's thoughts and prayers are with you guys, I hope you all pull through.   :P
Yeah, there's a caravan of unarmed women and children at our southern border, and seem to think they're allowed into America despite not being born here. It's really terrible. Awful, really. They should just go back to Minnesota or wherever non-American place they came from.

It's a good thing the Mexicans don't have ladder technology, or we'd feel real stupid right about now.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28288 on: February 15, 2019, 03:03:58 pm »

Yeah, there's a caravan of unarmed women and children at our southern border, and seem to think they're allowed into America despite not being born here. It's really terrible. Awful, really. They should just go back to Minnesota or wherever non-American place they came from.

It's a good thing the Mexicans don't have ladder technology, or we'd feel real stupid right about now.
I hear border smugglers have researched the Human Catapult technology.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28289 on: February 15, 2019, 04:15:03 pm »

Public shooting at a warehouse in Aurora Illinois. Shooter apprehended. 4 officers and multiple civilians shot.
Thoughts and prayers~
Pages: 1 ... 1884 1885 [1886] 1887 1888 ... 3513