Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1885 1886 [1887] 1888 1889 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3592234 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28290 on: February 15, 2019, 04:19:46 pm »

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like a workplace violence incident. The shooter also appears to have been apprehended, but it's still early.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28291 on: February 15, 2019, 04:28:43 pm »

I hear you are in a state of emergency.  Canada's thoughts and prayers are with you guys, I hope you all pull through.   :P
Yeah, there's a caravan of unarmed women and children at our southern border, and seem to think they're allowed into America despite not being born here. It's really terrible. Awful, really. They should just go back to Minnesota or wherever non-American place they came from.

It's a good thing the Mexicans don't have ladder technology, or we'd feel real stupid right about now.
I hear border smugglers have researched the Human Catapult technology.
Tell me about these baby catapults again...

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1096255340574920709

11:30 am~ Intelligence Briefing (notes enclosed)
*Briefing started normally
*No intelligence found
*Mitch pressed his wrists together against his lips and made a loud fart sound
*Three guys laughed so hard they died probably from heart attacks
*Left to go golfing

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28292 on: February 15, 2019, 04:39:01 pm »

Someone telling Trump "no" is indeed an emergency of the national scale.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28293 on: February 15, 2019, 04:53:34 pm »

Good thing he has that indomitable stamina required to make it through the demanding White House schedule.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28294 on: February 15, 2019, 05:05:55 pm »

Wait, is it golfing or golf, left to golf... left to golfing... left to go golf... shut up and fish...

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28296 on: February 15, 2019, 06:38:11 pm »

It might be tempting to view these sorts of things as cause for discomfort, but I think before becoming agitated we ought to remember the wisdom of the founding fathers who anticipated this sort of thing and put constitutional measures in place against it. Whatever goes on in the executive branch, the separation of powers ensures that vigilant members of the legislature such as Mitch McConnell will safeguard their own independent agency in accordance with the principle of self-interest, and in the process of serving that self-interest protect the republic as a whole (as is the case in economics). If the legislature for whatever reason isn't up to the task, we can rely on further safeguards from the politically neutral Supreme Court that will be able to step in and take the long view where other actors get bogged down in the short term. Even when our representatives belong to the same party, have the same social class and education, have the same donors, have the same positions waiting for them after their service, and appeal to the same large homogenized blocs of voters mostly on the basis of hatred for their political counterparts, even with all this, the natural grinding friction between our offices of government will ensure that the smooth and sensible governance that we've come to expect will continue for the foreseeable future.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28297 on: February 15, 2019, 07:02:16 pm »

It might be tempting to view these sorts of things as cause for discomfort, but I think before becoming agitated we ought to remember the wisdom of the founding fathers who anticipated this sort of thing and put constitutional measures in place against it. Whatever goes on in the executive branch, the separation of powers ensures that vigilant members of the legislature such as Mitch McConnell will safeguard their own independent agency in accordance with the principle of self-interest, and in the process of serving that self-interest protect the republic as a whole (as is the case in economics). If the legislature for whatever reason isn't up to the task, we can rely on further safeguards from the politically neutral Supreme Court that will be able to step in and take the long view where other actors get bogged down in the short term. Even when our representatives belong to the same party, have the same social class and education, have the same donors, have the same positions waiting for them after their service, and appeal to the same large homogenized blocs of voters mostly on the basis of hatred for their political counterparts, even with all this, the natural grinding friction between our offices of government will ensure that the smooth and sensible governance that we've come to expect will continue for the foreseeable future.

Not sure what you're responding to specifically, but anyway.... Regarding the bolded, SCOTUS is supposed to be politically neutral, yes, but in reality it's anything but. No matter how much politics you try to separate from the SCOTUS, they're still human and have their own views. That's why conservatives are and were pushing for more conservative judges. The majority of cases they get are politically neutral though.

Also, smooth and sensible governance? Have you been hiding under a rock? Yes, one would expect and want smooth and sensible governance, but that's not really happening.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28298 on: February 15, 2019, 07:08:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm smjjames. Since the emergence of all consuming political parties has basically completely invalidated the founding fathers original ideas of appropriate checks and balances.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28299 on: February 15, 2019, 07:11:56 pm »

Longform sarcasm can be hard to detect sometimes......

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28300 on: February 15, 2019, 07:19:33 pm »

Yeah, calling Mitch, of all the ratfuckers the GOP has spawned, a vigilant member of the legislature intent on safeguarding congress's agency is sacasm thick enough it'd take a chainsaw to cut through. We're like, currently, this very day, watching him do the opposite of that in his continued campaign to fellate trump.

In other news, the shitgibbon has already openly admitted there's no emergency and he's only doing this out of impatience. It's a hell of a thing seeing someone fornicate their legal foundation that rapidly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:21:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28301 on: February 15, 2019, 07:21:25 pm »

Trump stepping on his face is no surprise here as he has a really bad habit of doing so.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28302 on: February 15, 2019, 07:44:52 pm »

Trump stepping on his face is no surprise here as he has a really bad habit of doing so.

It was certainly enough to make John Dowd quit his legal team, because apparently he can't get through three questions without just making things up.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28303 on: February 16, 2019, 12:49:44 am »

In the world of corporate ratings, "The Price is Right!" supersedes trump's Emergency Wall Funding address.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/cbs-goes-with-the-price-is-right-over-conclusion-of-president-trumps-emergency-speech-1202558868/

Welcome to America, and American Politics. :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28304 on: February 16, 2019, 12:59:55 am »

Heh, CBS should have known better than to trust the WHs time assurance if there were no teleprompters.
Pages: 1 ... 1885 1886 [1887] 1888 1889 ... 3515