Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1886 1887 [1888] 1889 1890 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532873 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28305 on: February 16, 2019, 01:42:52 am »

Of course people want to watch Drew Carey more than Trump. They've both been on a downward decline for a long time, but atleast Drew isn't trying to destroy the world and everyone's hope in humanity.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28307 on: February 16, 2019, 11:45:54 am »

They aren't bad at elections, this system of fraud and racial supremacy is incredibly complex and difficult to manage. They're actually quite skilled at it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28308 on: February 16, 2019, 11:49:29 am »

"Look, I KNOW those filthy Yanks in the NORTH keep SAYIN that those coloreds get equal rights to vote, but damn-all, We in the SOUTH know better, and do you have any idea how hard it is to keep honest, white americans on top down here? DO YA!?"

(throw in some really trite racial profanities, and that's about what I instinctively see here as the gut impulse.)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28309 on: February 16, 2019, 11:57:56 am »

Georgia continues to be bad at elections in new and terrifying ways.

...roughly 127,000 disproportionately African-American votes seem to have vanished into thin air:

Sarah Riggs Amico lost by 123,172 votes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28310 on: February 16, 2019, 12:12:34 pm »

Georgia continues to be bad at elections in new and terrifying ways.

...roughly 127,000 disproportionately African-American votes seem to have vanished into thin air:

Sarah Riggs Amico lost by 123,172 votes.

Unfortunately, the Republicans are going to blame Democrats for the problem and not take it seriously.

Also, the article states that various experts couldn't explain it and it seems extremely targeted, which pretty much leaves tampering as the only viable explaination left.

The fact that Georgias machines are unauditable is also a major problem.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28311 on: February 16, 2019, 12:13:44 pm »

Also the article notes that it's basically the most pointless office to rig, being almost completely ceremonial. I think that's the part that everyone's confused about, Georgia having rigged elections in and of itself seems like a given to these folks.

They aren't bad at elections, this system of fraud and racial supremacy is incredibly complex and difficult to manage. They're actually quite skilled at it.

Basically this, but they rigged the governing equivalent of employee of the month. The primary concern is that it almost went unnoticed, Georgia is adamantly refusing to let anyone look into any aspect of it, which of course raises the question of what else was rigged.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:15:37 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28312 on: February 16, 2019, 12:19:34 pm »

The easy answer is probably 'Everything.' At this point, maybe the Feds should go in, rip out the system out and rebuild from scratch while being supervised with an electron microscope. Course though, that'd be like taking rape to 'states rights' and they'll complain to hell and back.

You know, if they're so far gone as to be rigging even Presidential elections, then, well.....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:21:56 pm by smjjames »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28313 on: February 16, 2019, 01:15:06 pm »

To be clear, when I said bad at, I meant "Brian Kemp and his team rigged the state races as much as they could."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28314 on: February 16, 2019, 01:30:28 pm »

Yeah, that's not bad at elections.

It's bad at voter representation, but somebody definitely got elected!  Even despite the challenges posed by all those people voting against him!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28315 on: February 16, 2019, 04:54:34 pm »

New info on yesterday's shooting.

Shooter went on his killing spree after being fired. His first victim was HR, second was his boss. Then he went after a student intern on his first day on the job for some reason...and the last two victims were coworkers.

He was a convicted felon who managed to pass his initial screening and get a gun permit. Only later when he applied for concealed carry was additional screening done and his license revoked. Unfortunately, nobody bothered to actually take away the gun he had already purchased. So the system dropped the ball in several places on this one...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28316 on: February 16, 2019, 05:09:17 pm »

The system failed at least three separate times - first when he applied for his FOID, second when he bought the pistol, and third when they finally figured out he was a prohibited person (making any attempt to acquire a firearm a federal crime) and failed to arrest him.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28317 on: February 16, 2019, 06:06:06 pm »

The system failed at least three separate times - first when he applied for his FOID, second when he bought the pistol, and third when they finally figured out he was a prohibited person (making any attempt to acquire a firearm a federal crime) and failed to arrest him.

Wait hold on that's one, two, three...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28318 on: February 16, 2019, 06:19:56 pm »

Figuring out he was prohibited was the one time things worked properly.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28319 on: February 16, 2019, 06:21:10 pm »

Figuring out he was prohibited was the one time things worked properly.

It was so late though!

Fine. I concede.
Pages: 1 ... 1886 1887 [1888] 1889 1890 ... 3511