Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1887 1888 [1889] 1890 1891 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3535118 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28320 on: February 16, 2019, 07:59:42 pm »

Figuring out he was prohibited was the one time things worked properly.

It was so late though!

Fine. I concede.

yep, the bit in purple was in fact the dependent clause for "failed to arrest him", not a separate thing they did.

I do however think hindsight is important here. There's limited manpower and resources to chase up all cases. They need to prioritize, and it's easy to just yell "they should have arrested that guy" when someone goes nuts, when in fact there are probably a zillion guys on their books who, given the available information, would have looked like being equally if not more of a risk.

hopefully, people posting about how the police should have magic-hindsight and proactively arrest people who would be a problem are also happy to live in a Police State with Zero Tolerance / Mandatory Sentencing and all the rest. Because, you know, to stop All Bad Things Happening we'd definitely need to expand police powers and state surveillance quite a bit, and it's not just the guilty who get swept up in that.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:05:07 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28321 on: February 16, 2019, 08:04:08 pm »

Figuring out he was prohibited was the one time things worked properly.

It was so late though!

Fine. I concede.

yep, the bit in purple was in fact the dependent clause for "failed to arrest him", not a separate thing they did.

Thank you, I was aware lol. We call these things jokes here, on this planet, which we call Earth :3

You see, it took them until he applied for a concealed carry to notice that he needed arresting. It's nice that they finally caught it, but it was late. I therefore marked it in purple.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28322 on: February 16, 2019, 08:05:38 pm »

Presumably this was the duty of the department which was affected when the NRA lobbied the government in the ‘80s so they couldn’t use computers?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28323 on: February 16, 2019, 08:18:00 pm »

Someone is actually looked into the shit Georgia is getting up to?

I guess we need to wait another year and a half for lawsuits to finally start rolling?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

RazielReaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28324 on: February 17, 2019, 09:29:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28325 on: February 17, 2019, 10:40:28 am »

It's amazing how many of those things some people considered as good things. They deserve what comes after, but of course many did not and do not.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28326 on: February 17, 2019, 10:42:40 am »

Wow. You know it's gotten bad when the best his supporters can muster is a list of the terrible things he said that should have been disqualifying.

Notice how far down actually becoming President is, too, and how everything below that is, at best, only partly true. (The ACA is still in effect, and manufacturing and fossil fuel jobs are disappearing all over the country.)

This gives me an idea for averting the riots that will otherwise happen when Trump is finally removed from office: why don't we just tell the MAGA hats that it's fake news and he's still President? Heck, tell them he's appointed himself king and abolished Congress and any evidence to the contrary is simply fabricated to punk the libcucks.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28327 on: February 17, 2019, 10:44:56 am »

There's a line missing from near the top:

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28328 on: February 17, 2019, 11:58:13 am »

Comon core?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28329 on: February 17, 2019, 12:31:06 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28330 on: February 17, 2019, 12:49:15 pm »

Comon core?

Probably something out of New Hapshire.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28331 on: February 17, 2019, 12:59:41 pm »

Comon core?

The comon core inishutiv has claerly failed. We must repeel it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28332 on: February 17, 2019, 01:01:38 pm »

Comon core?

Probably something out of New Hapshire.
Secondary Education standards to reduce testing and provide updated standards for public schools. People don't like it because they changed the way some math is taught, among other reasons.

Edit: Also primary education.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:51:55 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28333 on: February 17, 2019, 01:07:08 pm »

Around here, it's hated because it's from somewhere else, and having unified teaching standards in the US is vile and loathsome.

I've heard some people complain that it mandates too much in the way history is taught, which paints the southeast US in a less than stellar light, but I've heard the contrary too so I don't know what to believe.  I haven't really looked into it too deeply.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28334 on: February 17, 2019, 01:54:27 pm »

Around here, it's hated because it's from somewhere else, and having unified teaching standards in the US is vile and loathsome.

I've heard some people complain that it mandates too much in the way history is taught, which paints the southeast US in a less than stellar light, but I've heard the contrary too so I don't know what to believe.  I haven't really looked into it too deeply.
The southeast is *real* picky about how we are portrayed historically. I was taught the whole state's rights spiel.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1887 1888 [1889] 1890 1891 ... 3511