Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1916 1917 [1918] 1919 1920 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3599981 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28755 on: March 10, 2019, 06:11:29 am »

Sounds like a right wing organization made and designed to attack the left wing attacked the left wing. I'd assume given it's timing that there's incoming news of the gop massively violating FEC reporting requirements? That's how this sort of cycle normally works it seems.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 06:13:00 am by Criptfeind »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28756 on: March 10, 2019, 07:23:35 am »

Even if it were true, I still wouldn't care. Republican rules for Republican games.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28758 on: March 10, 2019, 08:47:06 am »

My first thought was that it was like one if those air horn "pranks" that murder people's ears. Glad to see that wasn't the case.

"I don't know it was irritating but I didn't find it particularly disturbing" lulz
Love, scriver~

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28759 on: March 10, 2019, 02:29:35 pm »

Sounds like a right wing organization made and designed to attack the left wing attacked the left wing. I'd assume given it's timing that there's incoming news of the gop massively violating FEC reporting requirements? That's how this sort of cycle normally works it seems.

Well, that's the core of one of the unambiguously criminal parts of the Cohen matter, so it may just be in response to that.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28760 on: March 10, 2019, 08:14:23 pm »

Word is that tomorrow Trump will demand congress add $8.6b in wall monies to the next spending bill. Which of course means that another government shutdown is actually on the table, again.

I feel like this undercuts his National Emergency. If it is an emergency, then why did he steal $8.6b less than what he actually needed to fix it? Or if he didn't really need the additional $8.6b, then why is he demanding it now? There's absolutely no consistency from this man.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28761 on: March 10, 2019, 08:31:54 pm »

Because he's the best negotiator, and he wants to prove it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28762 on: March 10, 2019, 08:32:19 pm »

It's quite possible he's physically incapable of consistency at this point, yes. He's certainly unwilling to practice the behavior, regardless of the reasons.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28763 on: March 10, 2019, 09:05:52 pm »

Has anyone considered that the organism animating his wig has begun losing control of the wobbling mass of gelatinous sleaze it stuffs into a suit each day, to the point that simple tasks like animating the shambling pile of turds has overcome faculties which previously were used for some sense of an internal narrative so it just started pushing buttons desperately in response to all stimuli?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28764 on: March 10, 2019, 09:50:30 pm »

I'd like to point out that Brexit is in a good... 2 weeks?

Maybe shutting down the US government right as the UK leaves the EU, with a faltering economy and volatile stocks, in the middle of a trade war with China, is not such a good idea.

Sure, but punishing the Senate GOP for possibly voting down Trump's national emergency probably looks like a great idea.

Remember, Trump has no idea how to actually negotiate. He's never had a best alternative to a negotiated agreement that was actually undesirable, since he's always had someone to bail him out -- and he's so enamored of this stupid macho "killer" mentality that the idea of any kind of concession is abhorrent. Under those conditions, it's unsurprising that he'd learn to propose stupid deals designed purely to flaunt his power and hurt people for not giving him everything he wants, no matter what it might otherwise cost him; if he loses, he gets bailed out, and if he wins he gets to cow people into submission with it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28765 on: March 10, 2019, 10:04:16 pm »

And for something more than the filing itself, here you go.
First Hilary's emails, now this.  Its amazing how much conservatives in the USA care about filing paperwork correctly.  As a democrat I have to applaud conservatives who believe that every federal regulation be followed and enforced.  To the letter.  Not like us small government leftists that want people to do whatever they want with their money.

Honestly I admire it.  I was starting to think "conservative ethics" was an oxymoron, but here this conservative ethics watchdog is ready to prove me wrong.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28766 on: March 10, 2019, 10:11:22 pm »

Right, but this sort of shit might make the vote against the national emergency veto-proof.

Sure, and then that becomes his casus belli to Tweet-rally the MAGA hordes against half the GOP as an example to the rest. It's not a loss if you keep fighting, you see.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28767 on: March 11, 2019, 04:16:23 pm »

Word is that tomorrow Trump will demand congress add $8.6b in wall monies to the next spending bill. Which of course means that another government shutdown is actually on the table, again.

I feel like this undercuts his National Emergency. If it is an emergency, then why did he steal $8.6b less than what he actually needed to fix it? Or if he didn't really need the additional $8.6b, then why is he demanding it now? There's absolutely no consistency from this man.

And on top of that, theres a debt ceiling showdown coming up, in June I think. Treasury Sec. Mnuchin has said previously that he isn't willing to play chicken with the debt ceiling, but Trump just might be desperate enough to.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28768 on: March 11, 2019, 04:23:05 pm »

And on top of that, theres a debt ceiling showdown coming up, in June I think. Treasury Sec. Mnuchin has said previously that he isn't willing to play chicken with the debt ceiling, but Trump just might be desperate enough to.
You say desperate, but I say I have the balls to leverage it, unlike you people.  ~ probably Trump
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28769 on: March 11, 2019, 07:15:13 pm »

"You say desperate, I say Despacito."
-Donald J. Trump, 45th president of the United States

Anyways, here's Wonderwall.
Pages: 1 ... 1916 1917 [1918] 1919 1920 ... 3515