Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532612 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28995 on: March 22, 2019, 07:28:49 am »

I like to imagine every time Mueller steps out of his office to get a cup of coffee or go to the bathroom there's just this hush of silence through the building as everyone wonders if he's done yet.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28996 on: March 22, 2019, 08:51:21 am »

One doesn't find out what the consensus is by asking a committee

Or they do, in the case of U.S. Nutritional Science. Which is how we ended up with 40 years of bad guidelines and the low fat craze.

Point being that isn't science. That's making a decision something is bad, and hiring "scientists" to "prove" your conclusion.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28997 on: March 22, 2019, 09:04:07 am »

I like to imagine every time Mueller steps out of his office to get a cup of coffee or go to the bathroom there's just this hush of silence through the building as everyone wonders if he's done yet.

Pretty much this.

I'm also curious why Trump seems to have decided that releasing the report to everyone is suddenly a good idea.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28998 on: March 22, 2019, 09:18:03 am »

Pretty much this.
I'm also curious why Trump seems to have decided that releasing the report to everyone is suddenly a good idea.

It's a good idea to say that he's going to release the report to everyone, because it makes it sound like he's innocent. He's not going to do it though. The report goes through the White House before anyone else gets it, and they can censor whatever they want before they pass it on. If there's anything damning in there, nobody will ever see it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28999 on: March 22, 2019, 09:29:11 am »

The democrats have said that they'll subpeona Mueller if the investigation is shut down; presumably if the report is withheld they'll do the same thing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29000 on: March 22, 2019, 10:56:48 am »

You know, it's kind of odd that we've become so enured to leaks that we find it exceptional that Meuller is doing his job and not leaking the investigation so openly that we all know exactly where he is with it.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29001 on: March 22, 2019, 11:18:18 am »

You know, it's kind of odd that we've become so enured to leaks that we find it exceptional that Meuller is doing his job and not leaking the investigation so openly that we all know exactly where he is with it.

It's extremely watertight even by Washington D.C. standards, which is what makes it so notable. Though it's still a hell of a contrast with the leaky sieve (though a sieve is leaky by default...) of a White House.

The democrats have said that they'll subpeona Mueller if the investigation is shut down; presumably if the report is withheld they'll do the same thing.

IMO, it should be leaked, ALL of it. Obviously stuff like methods and people whose lives would be at stake if they got revealed should be redacted, but it should be minimally minimally (not an error) redacted.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:19:50 am by smjjames »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #29002 on: March 22, 2019, 12:03:44 pm »

Trump-Era Gothic: The report will be published tomorrow. It is always tomorrow. Tomorrow, the walls fall and civilization crumbles. It's always tomorrow.

Edit: Apparently it finally happened. The walls are falling.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 02:54:52 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29003 on: March 22, 2019, 01:18:43 pm »

Certain activities at the Mueller office have led to speculation that the conclusion to his investigation is imminent.
Sounds similar to the "it'll release next week" reports that were coming out a month ago.
Those reports have been coming out since like the investigation started, mind. Not just last month. It'll happen when it happens.

... hell, part of me wonders if he's not going to just wait until late next year, cheerfully digging a deeper hole to bury people in. It'd be one way to finagle not having to worry about indicting a sitting president :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29004 on: March 22, 2019, 03:21:16 pm »

I definitely assume he's got lots of dirt. Otherwise he would have stopped the investigation by now - the big issue is likely pinning it on Trump himself somehow, or there's other leads to some manner of conspiracy and he wants to grab everyone at once. I expect Meuller could get most of the actors in the collusion proper if he finished up now, but he might not be able to hit Trump hard enough to shake a Republican senate, or perhaps he wants to grab the whole family and make a statement, since they seem to have all been involved in some way. But if he had no dirt at all, there would be no reason to keep the investigation running and keep doing actual work, which we can see by the constant arrests and questioning.

Meuller's working on a Fel artifact right now, I think he's just hoping to hold out for some Noble bones, if you know what I mean.

Either way, I'm going to be skeptical of the "Meuller's finishing up next week!" reports until the man himself finally comes out of seclusion. Just saying over and over again that Meuller is almost done isn't really doing anything but degrading the doomsayer's credibility when he inevitably doesn't.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29005 on: March 22, 2019, 03:56:04 pm »

MSNBC ran a headline about Trump rescinding the NK sanctions for seemingly no reason, has anybody else heard about this?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29006 on: March 22, 2019, 04:06:06 pm »

MSNBC ran a headline about Trump rescinding the NK sanctions for seemingly no reason, has anybody else heard about this?
They're best friends. The best. Nobody in the history of friends has ever been more friends than them.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29007 on: March 22, 2019, 04:15:37 pm »

Trying to bring Kim back to the table would be my guess.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29008 on: March 22, 2019, 04:20:54 pm »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29009 on: March 22, 2019, 04:23:06 pm »

Trump is a rather shitty negotiator for all his bluster
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 ... 3511