Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532591 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29010 on: March 22, 2019, 04:36:58 pm »

Mueller has now finished the Russia probe and delivered his report to the AG.

Needs to be leaked already....

Wow.  I guess if people predict the end of something enough times it'll eventually happen.  And it feels like the leaking holes have been plugged enough lately that we probably won't get any sneak peeks.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29011 on: March 22, 2019, 04:37:56 pm »

Trump is a rather shitty negotiator for all his bluster
No, this is just interdimensional genius levels of intellect that we can't even begin to fathom. That's why it looks like it's shitty negotiation; we can't comprehend how smart it is.

Mueller has now finished the Russia probe and delivered his report to the AG.

Needs to be leaked already....

Wow.  I guess if people predict the end of something enough times it'll eventually happen.  And it feels like the leaking holes have been plugged enough lately that we probably won't get any sneak peeks.

A broken doomsayer is right twice an eternity.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29012 on: March 22, 2019, 04:51:41 pm »

A broken doomsayer is right twice an eternity.
He survived the first apocalypse, then died the next.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #29013 on: March 22, 2019, 04:53:11 pm »

Why twice?  Wouldn't it be once an eternity?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29014 on: March 22, 2019, 04:53:44 pm »

Why twice?  Wouldn't it be once an eternity?
Time is relative.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29015 on: March 22, 2019, 06:29:09 pm »

Now begins Phase 2, wherein the GOP will do everything they can to keep the report locked away on national security grounds, like the Ark of the Covenant. Or they'll try to issue a "summary report" that will whitewash the fuck out of it.

This is why the Dems controlling the House is so damn important. If need be, they'll subpoena Mueller and have him read the damn thing out loud on C-SPAN.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29016 on: March 22, 2019, 06:33:53 pm »

I doubt there's anything even in the report. Mueller is a Republican FBI agent, he's not going to do anything to seriously compromise Trump. Smack him around a bit, fry some small fish so he knows what it is, sure. But to actually create something that could help Democrats, or god forbid, leftists? That ain't happening.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29017 on: March 22, 2019, 06:36:18 pm »

Trump is a rather shitty negotiator for all his bluster

On the contrary, Comrade Trump needs somewhere to go once the Mueller report goes public.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29018 on: March 22, 2019, 07:19:55 pm »

Now begins Phase 2, wherein the GOP will do everything they can to keep the report locked away on national security grounds, like the Ark of the Covenant. Or they'll try to issue a "summary report" that will whitewash the fuck out of it.

This is why the Dems controlling the House is so damn important. If need be, they'll subpoena Mueller and have him read the damn thing out loud on C-SPAN.

Really? I see no sign of them trying to block it so far, and they would have their own reasons for making it public.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29019 on: March 22, 2019, 07:37:24 pm »

Republican or Democrat, Mueller supposedly has an ounce of decency in him... And I can't imagine a decent man standing at Trump's side, especially when exposed that much to the details of his infidelities.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29020 on: March 22, 2019, 07:44:15 pm »

Your argument is that the cop has a fundamental decency to him?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29021 on: March 22, 2019, 07:57:15 pm »

Your argument is that the cop has a fundamental decency to him?
While I'm well aware of the tragic state of US law enforcement, I find it a bit extreme to assume that it's impossible for a single individual to possess some amount of integrity.

That'd almost be like... Bigotry.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29022 on: March 22, 2019, 08:14:22 pm »

So I've heard Mueller might be wrapping up the investigation in March.

Just sayin'

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29023 on: March 22, 2019, 09:43:05 pm »

I think we all heard it would wrap up in March. And February, January, December, November, October...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #29024 on: March 22, 2019, 11:37:39 pm »

I doubt there's anything even in the report. Mueller is a Republican FBI agent, he's not going to do anything to seriously compromise Trump. Smack him around a bit, fry some small fish so he knows what it is, sure. But to actually create something that could help Democrats, or god forbid, leftists? That ain't happening.
Republican politicians are getting so corrupt because the average red state only has one big ticket source of income (oil) and the price of admission for getting elected is to agree to play ball with oil lobbyists despite knowing that they're stealing huge amounts of money from the country.  Republican civil servants don't have to sign their souls away like that, and are perfectly capable of doing their jobs correctly.  When they don't its often the Ron Swanson "slit the throat of the federal government" libertarian types.  I... highly doubt that everyone's favorite former FBI director and disapproving dad is a libertarian.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 ... 3511