Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 ... 2397

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 1375365 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29010 on: March 23, 2019, 05:34:00 am »

What is reading comprehension 2019, Alex?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29011 on: March 23, 2019, 05:36:13 am »

I'm confused now.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RazielReaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29012 on: March 23, 2019, 05:36:40 am »

I don't know, Adolf,  how come you despise the men and women in blue that keep your society going while risking their lives ?   

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29013 on: March 23, 2019, 05:47:15 am »

It was only in the 2060s that we discovered boot leather's addictive properties, which really made all the rest of history make more sense.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29014 on: March 23, 2019, 05:47:45 am »

I don't know, Adolf,  how come you despise the men and women in blue that keep your society going while risking their lives ?
That's a pretty good comparison. Adolf, indeed, was a historical figure who despised the police force. He hated police so much that the existing police had to be given absolute power so that he could not stop them, and then secret police were formed to do things behind his back.

That's why they were secret police.
Bay12: Where a discussion about a man's anus manage to be Lovecraftian.
you sir, deserve a medal. this is the dawn of a new age of child trauma.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29015 on: March 23, 2019, 06:17:47 am »

Because a significant percentage of them are biased humans with grudges, racist bias, general inferiority complexes, and (speaking from experience here) universally bad attitudes about everything with incredibly negative, cynical outlooks?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #29016 on: March 23, 2019, 06:46:16 am »

Is Raziel trying to change MSHís mind? Ďcause the Nazi comparison (perhaps ironic considering the stereotype of certain right-wing types being drawn to law enforcement) probably wonít achieve that.

I also think MSH is aware enough when someone is trying to troll him that the Nazi comparison wonít work there either.

Iím eager to see whatís next, but itís maybe a 2/10 so far.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29017 on: March 23, 2019, 07:01:50 am »

Oh yeah? Well you know what else was 2/10? Double Hitler crowdsurfing ten other Hitlers, you dodeca-Nazi.

Am I doing Godwin's Law right?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29018 on: March 23, 2019, 07:03:27 am »

I was thinking it was more of a 40%
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #29019 on: March 23, 2019, 07:09:44 am »

Yeah well youíre a Nazi what do you know
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29020 on: March 23, 2019, 07:11:30 am »

Oh yeah? Well you know what else was 2/10? Double Hitler crowdsurfing ten other Hitlers, you dodeca-Nazi.

Am I doing Godwin's Law right?

So a train is heading down some tracks, uninterrupted it will kill 10 clones of hitler, but you have the option to change the tracks, where it will instead kill the ACTUAL hitler. What do?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29021 on: March 23, 2019, 07:12:01 am »

No. Let me demonstrate, THIS is how you Godwin:

You are all nazis, ALL of you, with your double speaking and insane avoidance of objective realities in your philosophically founded notions about equality and fairness.  Tell me, outside of human circlejerking on the subject, where do you find such equality in nature? If it was as self evident and important as you state, it should have been hit upon independently by many social species, but it hasn't been, has it? What do you see instead? Speciation with role behavior optimization, and flagrant gender dimorphism. 

Any physical trait adaptation is likely to have derived from a small but important survival benefit within a specific ecology or geographical region. This means that white people ARE superior to other races, within the environment that selected for them.  So, in some contexts, Hitler really *WAS* right!  But you cant accept such an answer, because it does not compute for you. Instead you have to violently reprogram everyone who disagrees, and label them race haters and shit. 

Likewise, it is entirely possible for a demographic of humans to become adapted to performing criminal behavior, if criminal behavior is unavoidable and is the only means of improving their living conditions, which many of you assert is true for certain racial demographics within the united states.  Why then is it wrong to point out that certain racial demographics commit disproportionate amounts of criminal activities? Hmm? 

(continue long and horrible rant)

PLEASE bear in mind that none of this drek is actually my internal view.  It is just the output of my Godwin simulator. :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29022 on: March 23, 2019, 07:16:19 am »

I would like to return yo the Mueller investigation conclusion. How long before we can expect things to start happening, if they do start happening? Are there any formal steps that needs yo go through now or could Mueller, if it seems it won't be made official in a satisfying way, be subpoenad like tomorrow already?
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29023 on: March 23, 2019, 07:21:00 am »

Our older politicians are so terrified of upsetting the applecart, even when said apple cart is covered in festering maggots and mold, that even when presented with concrete evidence of that festering decay in the very room with them, they are hesitant to make bold action to address it.

As such, I expect that even with outright incontrovertable evidence piled up on Trump, our legislators will waffle on whether or not to pursue charges or not.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29024 on: March 23, 2019, 07:35:10 am »

I would like to return yo the Mueller investigation conclusion. How long before we can expect things to start happening, if they do start happening? Are there any formal steps that needs yo go through now or could Mueller, if it seems it won't be made official in a satisfying way, be subpoenad like tomorrow already?
It'd probably take more than a day -- stuff would have to be voted on or subpoenas issued or whatever, which would take a day or two at minimum -- but pretty certainly less than a month. To get started, anyway. Finishing whatever comes of it would take longer, and doesn't touch all the stuff that's already in progress. Still, you'll probably have a good idea of what's going to go down and a rough timeframe by the end of, say, April.

E: Actually, if you can stand a Twitter thread pile, check this out. Summarizes what's actually going on with the investigation (and related ones, which are myriad) better than I can.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:07:16 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 ... 2397