Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1935 1936 [1937] 1938 1939 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532725 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29040 on: March 23, 2019, 07:12:01 am »

No. Let me demonstrate, THIS is how you Godwin:

You are all nazis, ALL of you, with your double speaking and insane avoidance of objective realities in your philosophically founded notions about equality and fairness.  Tell me, outside of human circlejerking on the subject, where do you find such equality in nature? If it was as self evident and important as you state, it should have been hit upon independently by many social species, but it hasn't been, has it? What do you see instead? Speciation with role behavior optimization, and flagrant gender dimorphism. 

Any physical trait adaptation is likely to have derived from a small but important survival benefit within a specific ecology or geographical region. This means that white people ARE superior to other races, within the environment that selected for them.  So, in some contexts, Hitler really *WAS* right!  But you cant accept such an answer, because it does not compute for you. Instead you have to violently reprogram everyone who disagrees, and label them race haters and shit. 

Likewise, it is entirely possible for a demographic of humans to become adapted to performing criminal behavior, if criminal behavior is unavoidable and is the only means of improving their living conditions, which many of you assert is true for certain racial demographics within the united states.  Why then is it wrong to point out that certain racial demographics commit disproportionate amounts of criminal activities? Hmm? 

(continue long and horrible rant)

PLEASE bear in mind that none of this drek is actually my internal view.  It is just the output of my Godwin simulator. :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29041 on: March 23, 2019, 07:16:19 am »

I would like to return yo the Mueller investigation conclusion. How long before we can expect things to start happening, if they do start happening? Are there any formal steps that needs yo go through now or could Mueller, if it seems it won't be made official in a satisfying way, be subpoenad like tomorrow already?
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29042 on: March 23, 2019, 07:21:00 am »

Our older politicians are so terrified of upsetting the applecart, even when said apple cart is covered in festering maggots and mold, that even when presented with concrete evidence of that festering decay in the very room with them, they are hesitant to make bold action to address it.

As such, I expect that even with outright incontrovertable evidence piled up on Trump, our legislators will waffle on whether or not to pursue charges or not.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29043 on: March 23, 2019, 07:35:10 am »

I would like to return yo the Mueller investigation conclusion. How long before we can expect things to start happening, if they do start happening? Are there any formal steps that needs yo go through now or could Mueller, if it seems it won't be made official in a satisfying way, be subpoenad like tomorrow already?
It'd probably take more than a day -- stuff would have to be voted on or subpoenas issued or whatever, which would take a day or two at minimum -- but pretty certainly less than a month. To get started, anyway. Finishing whatever comes of it would take longer, and doesn't touch all the stuff that's already in progress. Still, you'll probably have a good idea of what's going to go down and a rough timeframe by the end of, say, April.

E: Actually, if you can stand a Twitter thread pile, check this out. Summarizes what's actually going on with the investigation (and related ones, which are myriad) better than I can.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:07:16 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29044 on: March 23, 2019, 08:43:19 am »

I’m eager to see what’s next, but it’s maybe a 2/10 so far.

Oh yeah? Well you know what else was 2/10? Double Hitler crowdsurfing ten other Hitlers, you dodeca-Nazi.

Am I doing Godwin's Law right?

So a train is heading down some tracks, uninterrupted it will kill 10 clones of hitler, but you have the option to change the tracks, where it will instead kill the ACTUAL hitler. What do?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29045 on: March 23, 2019, 08:51:16 am »

It'd probably take more than a day -- stuff would have to be voted on or subpoenas issued or whatever, which would take a day or two at minimum -- but pretty certainly less than a month. To get started, anyway. Finishing whatever comes of it would take longer, and doesn't touch all the stuff that's already in progress. Still, you'll probably have a good idea of what's going to go down and a rough timeframe by the end of, say, April.

E: Actually, if you can stand a Twitter thread pile, check this out. Summarizes what's actually going on with the investigation (and related ones, which are myriad) better than I can.

I hate it, but can stand it in the pursuit of knowledge. Thanks for the link! It was very interesting.
Love, scriver~

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29046 on: March 23, 2019, 09:28:52 am »

Eye opening.

Tl;dr, Mueller "not bringing any more indictments" does not mean he's done. Information garnered is being sent to other agencies to determine if anything else can be drawn from it. What material Mueller's team does have remaining doesn't have anything eye-catching in and of itself, thus they can only send it to other investigators to cross-reference.

Shorter tl;dr MSM have went and lost their tiny little minds. Shocking.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29047 on: March 23, 2019, 10:18:45 am »

The heck? @ the early morning derail...

AG Barr said that he could release the 'principal conclusions' sometime this weekend, so, it's moving relatively quickly.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #29048 on: March 23, 2019, 01:29:01 pm »

It is difficult for me, as a Scotsman, to take AG Barr seriously.

It also makes me really crave Irn-Bru.

/will not explain references
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29049 on: March 23, 2019, 01:38:29 pm »

/won't get references.

Quick, somebody get me a Scot. Or a Scotch.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29050 on: March 23, 2019, 02:28:14 pm »

Just get shitfaced and try to slur your way through those sentences, it makes perfect sense then.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29051 on: March 23, 2019, 08:54:20 pm »

A. G. BARR, aka Barr's, is the company that makes Irn Bru, a popular soft drink in Scotland. It is therefore humorous that the AG is called Barr.

The joke is now dead.

My work is done.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29052 on: March 23, 2019, 09:02:34 pm »

I honestly hope you’ve been furiously googling for 7 hours to figure that out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29053 on: March 23, 2019, 09:18:45 pm »

I honestly hope you’ve been furiously googling for 7 hours to figure that out.

Sadly not. I'm Scottish as well. I've supped on the nectar of the BRU since I was but a bairn, I've quaffed BARR lemonade many times. The sugary wrath of liquid confectionary has seared my soul and probably my arteries.

In other words I just stumbled into the thread after playing games for a few hours and saw the post, knew what BARR was and decided to spoil the fun.  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29054 on: March 23, 2019, 09:20:41 pm »

Ah ya wee bastard ye.

Pages: 1 ... 1935 1936 [1937] 1938 1939 ... 3511