Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1941 1942 [1943] 1944 1945 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533068 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29130 on: March 27, 2019, 07:46:35 pm »

I think we could all stand to take a deep breath and maybe hold off on the jocular advocacy for religious genocide. That's more of an alt-right shtick anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29131 on: March 27, 2019, 07:48:05 pm »

You're right, there are plenty of people in Utah and Wyoming who are innocent workers.

Landlords, on the other hand...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29132 on: March 27, 2019, 07:57:01 pm »

I think we could all stand to take a deep breath and maybe hold off on the jocular advocacy for religious genocide. That's more of an alt-right shtick anyway.

I'd like to point out I was proposing Darwinian omnicide. I'm like Thanos, unbiased, probably right, and swole.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29133 on: March 27, 2019, 08:07:02 pm »

I'd like to point out I was proposing Darwinian omnicide. I'm like Thanos, unbiased, probably right, and swole.

This thread needs to segue immediately into which American political party Thanos belongs to based on his movie dialogue.

First example: Thanos believes in forceful redistribution of wealth and resources based on random lottery.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29134 on: March 27, 2019, 08:16:47 pm »

Hard Green Party based on... Everything he says and does.

He's fundamentally a hardcore ecoterrorist fighting overpopulation.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29135 on: March 27, 2019, 09:27:44 pm »

But he's inherently fascist, just look at how he runs his everything.  All must bend to his will.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #29136 on: March 27, 2019, 09:32:30 pm »

But he's inherently fascist, just look at how he runs his everything.  All must bend to his will.

I would say that’s more authoritarian than fascist.

It’s obvious he’s an accelerationist, wanting capitalism to just run its course and either free us from wage slavery or destroy the world in its endless search for more resources to exploit.

thanos? thanos? who the fuck is thanos? for srs
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29137 on: March 27, 2019, 09:35:27 pm »

I would say that’s more authoritarian than fascist.

It’s obvious he’s an accelerationist, wanting capitalism to just run its course and either free us from wage slavery or destroy the world in its endless search for more resources to exploit.

Quite fair, I forget my terminology.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29138 on: March 27, 2019, 09:37:15 pm »

Can't tell if serious, but, the arch bad guy in the Avengers series/movies.

Redistribution of wealth by random lottery sounds like some kind of anarchist.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #29139 on: March 27, 2019, 09:52:39 pm »

Well I know that, I just don’t know anything beyond that.

I was also making an obscure joke about an old, and probably obscure parody of a song by a comedian who became obscure because of the direction they took their career.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29140 on: March 27, 2019, 09:57:32 pm »

deleting half the universe is cool and all but we all know thanos is really in it just to bang Death.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29141 on: March 27, 2019, 10:17:18 pm »

Redistribution of wealth by random lottery sounds like some kind of anarchist.

Not any anarchist I've ever heard of.  Re-distribution of wealth, sure, although not unique to anarchism.  But the random lottery part has no relation to any anarchist school of thought I'm aware of.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29142 on: March 27, 2019, 10:30:48 pm »

it also would serve no real purpose;

The randomly assigned people would just become the new plutarchs overnight.   The problem is the gross difference between incomes among the populace, not who is currently wealthy and who is not.

Personally, I think it would be better to impose increasingly burdensome bads on people who fixate on being the wealthiest of the wealthy instead.  Taxes have been a historically tried one (that gets loopholed to death).  I would suggest something more constructive though.

The major quasi-religious petard I keep hearing is that "private interests" can do a better job with helping the poor and all that, so we should codify into law that they are responsible for that, with the degree of responsibility heaped on them being consistent with the curve distribution of their wealth.  EG, people in the top 1% are legally responsible for the healthcare and welfare of the bottom 99%, with the top earners being responsible for the greater portion of that assistance.  They can render that assistance directly if they want (such as via a charity, or even writing checks for medical care for poor people) but they have to keep reciepts, and must provide that proof at the end of each year; The goal being that all that capital gain and wealth increase they are engaging in must also reimburse the society for its extraction from society, with the goal of harnessing that drive to improve standards of living across the whole of society, and not just in the top 1%.

It's a silly idea sure-- but I think it might be interesting to try.  Throw in actual penalties for trying to game the system though, and I mean "No, we are confiscating ALL of your holdings, and sending you to prison, asshole" levels of punishment here.  To have even the slightest chance of working, the penalties for gaming the system must be equivalent to ostracism from the society. (EG, the financial equivalent there to.)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29143 on: March 28, 2019, 03:09:31 am »

And then, professional Munchausen's patients emerge in order to provide convenient and consistent tax breaks for the ultra-elite.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29144 on: March 28, 2019, 03:12:02 am »

it also would serve no real purpose;

The randomly assigned people would just become the new plutarchs overnight.
They'd become Ancient Greek historians?
Pages: 1 ... 1941 1942 [1943] 1944 1945 ... 3511