Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2139 2140 [2141] 2142 2143 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3534809 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32100 on: September 06, 2019, 11:22:32 am »

In a way, it actually says something good about Trump. This is obviously a terrible, idiotic action that isn't helping the president at all, but it is nonetheless shifting attention away from the concentration camps.

If his goal was to move media attention to something else, he could have done a lot of things that wouldn't make him look like a child trying and failing to modify his report card.

He actually isn't a master of media manipulation, it's just that the American public is almost as bad as he is at focusing on important issues.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32101 on: September 06, 2019, 11:27:45 am »

In a way, it actually says something good about Trump. This is obviously a terrible, idiotic action that isn't helping the president at all, but it is nonetheless shifting attention away from the concentration camps.

That’s sort of gotten back burnered (maybe more middle burner) for some time now though, occasionally breaking the surface only to dive again.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #32102 on: September 06, 2019, 01:16:16 pm »

Speaking of Trump and border security, at least he's taking money out of the Pentagon.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32103 on: September 06, 2019, 01:37:06 pm »

I'm not convinced by the argument "don't pay attention to smaller crazy shit Trump does, that's just the new normal - focus on the worse things he does". If we let the little things slide as the new normal, this doesn't in fact highlight the worse things, it normalizes them too.
I don't think that's the argument there. I think it's more that we shouldn't let the daily bullshit obscure the terrible shit he does.

Yes, this. The rich would very much like you to focus on Trump's stupidity, insanity, and vulgarity, to treat him as the weird billionaire who doesn't act like all the other billionaires in the hope that we will fail to notice that he differs from the norm chiefly by being a worse liar. On policy, he is a perfectly normal Republican, and the Republicans do not want everyone to take note of that.

See, the only real difference between Donald Trump and Elon Musk is that Trump would eat your liver well-done with ketchup and Musk would live-stream cooking it with a flamethrower. Trump is no more cruel or evil than any other billionaire, his leadership no more disastrous for everyone else. In order for one person to accrue a billion dollars, it is necessary for them to be like Trump in every way that really matters: a greedy, venal sociopath.

The new normal is just the old normal with the gilding rubbed away.
1. Explain Bill Gates
2. I feel as though trump wouldn't make a harambe rap
3. this seems to imply it is impossible for someone to not be a conservative moron and also be rich, which is distinctly not true

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32104 on: September 06, 2019, 01:42:45 pm »

Speaking of Trump and border security, at least he's taking money out of the Pentagon
Unfortunately, he's taking money out of military construction projects that would actually help improve QoL for soldiers and stuff, as opposed to the drones
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32105 on: September 06, 2019, 02:41:01 pm »

I bet you 10$ if you managed to insult Trump's inability to produce a Harambe rap he'd do it within a day. Within an hour, maybe. During a staff meeting.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32106 on: September 06, 2019, 03:51:47 pm »

More like produce something he'd call a harambe rap, butchering the pronunciation and probably having no resemblance whatsoever to one. Let's not ascribe more competency to the man than displayed.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32107 on: September 06, 2019, 03:58:30 pm »

So given recent events, I'm wondering: Who thinks Joe Biden won't live to see election day? He's melting even faster than Trump is.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32108 on: September 06, 2019, 04:00:49 pm »

You say that like details matter to Joe Biden.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32109 on: September 06, 2019, 04:01:47 pm »

I mean, is there anything actually stopping us from electing a dead person as POTUS?
Ask not!
Ask!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32110 on: September 06, 2019, 04:04:36 pm »

Arguably they don't have a high bar to meet after this presidency.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32111 on: September 06, 2019, 04:16:47 pm »

We'd need to figure out a way for the dead body to say the oath of office, but even then the powers would immediately transfer to the vice president.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32112 on: September 06, 2019, 04:24:23 pm »

I mean... would it? Do the applicable procedures refer to the president being dead, or do they specify at the point the POTUS dies? 'Cause the president can't die in office if they're dead before they're elected.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32113 on: September 06, 2019, 05:31:47 pm »

Swearing in the hologram of Joe Biden, who ran against Mecha Reagan in 20xx.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32114 on: September 06, 2019, 05:33:18 pm »

Swearing in the hologram of Joe Biden, who ran against Mecha Reagan in 20xx.
How to get AI in the Presidency
(Maybe they won’t be as corrupt as humans?)
Pages: 1 ... 2139 2140 [2141] 2142 2143 ... 3511