Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2144 2145 [2146] 2147 2148 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533677 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32175 on: September 10, 2019, 11:20:53 am »

Yep, just got the notification myself. Apparently the big boye "didn't like" hearing Bolton's advice.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32176 on: September 10, 2019, 11:56:55 am »

That's what happens when you get caught jacking off in the Oval Office with your hand over the nuclear button as you rant about Iranians and North Koreans for the third time.

Also good to see Trump remains too melty-brained to remember he's a warmonger.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32177 on: September 10, 2019, 11:59:02 am »

I mean, now the question is, can they one-up John "Khorne-Has-The-Right-Idea" Bolton?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32178 on: September 10, 2019, 12:03:26 pm »

Wait, so does he want war with Iran or peace? I feel like he is senders my mixed messages

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32179 on: September 10, 2019, 12:14:12 pm »

So, Bolton's out.

It was kind of an odd mix anyway given that Bolton is such a hawk where Trump isn't. You'd think Trump would have picked someone with views more in line with his own.

Wait, so does he want war with Iran or peace? I feel like he is senders my mixed messages

They did have a kind of good cop/bad cop system going though.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32180 on: September 10, 2019, 12:51:58 pm »

No mention yet of the fact that el presidente apparently scheduled a meeting (that we only know about because he tweeted that he canceled it) with the terrorists behind 9/11 on the week of 9/11?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32181 on: September 10, 2019, 01:14:47 pm »

Well yeah, if it was an inside job to start with to play up a need for tighter security theater, there would HAVE to be such meetings, no?

/s
(Plays X-files conspiracy music)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32182 on: September 10, 2019, 01:37:43 pm »

Seems bizarre to use Camp David. I get what he was going for, but it seems a little high profile for negotiating with terrorists.....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32183 on: September 10, 2019, 02:25:41 pm »

There's been low-intensity negotiations with the Taliban for years. The reason it was going to be at Camp David is probably that the President of Afghanistan was invited, which would have finally brought Afghanistan's elected government into the discussion. Trump was probably trying to imitate Carter's Camp David Accords, which was one of the more popular foreign policy achievements of that administration.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32184 on: September 10, 2019, 03:16:18 pm »

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/09/758927743/sacklers-reject-demand-they-surrender-personal-wealth-to-settle-opioid-claims
This sounds like all sorts of bullshit.  'Legitimate' rich people have the option to implode their assets if they don't get the 'deal' they want for treating Best Murrica like Opium Age China.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #32185 on: September 10, 2019, 04:24:59 pm »

Life is the only thing money can't buy. It seems odd that we take it from poor people who commit crimes, yet it's not considered a reasonable punishment for wealthy people who commit crimes.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #32186 on: September 10, 2019, 04:32:51 pm »

Refugees from the Bahamas were headed to Florida, when they were suddenly told to get off the boat and go back where they came from.
The Trump administration refused to confirm or deny that they had anything to do with the decision, but when the Prez was asked about it he responded:

Quote from: Donald Trump
The refugees are very bad people and some very bad gang members and some very very bad drug dealers.

Awfully clever of those Bahamians to use a Cat5 hurricane to level all their homes and workplaces just so that they could sneak into our country to deal drugs do gang stuff. We are blessed to have a genius president who can see past their schemes and protect us from the scary island people!
/s

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32187 on: September 10, 2019, 04:35:10 pm »

Life is the only thing money can't buy. It seems odd that we take it from poor people who commit crimes, yet it's not considered a reasonable punishment for wealthy people who commit crimes.

Relevant(ish)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32188 on: September 10, 2019, 04:45:22 pm »

"Purdue Pharma believes a settlement that benefits the American public now is a far better path than years of wasteful litigation and appeals," the statement said. "Those negotiations continue and we remain dedicated to a resolution that genuinely advances the public interest."

I'd rather we go that route, personally. I'm sick of this shit where the wealthy get to pay their way out of trouble and go back to doing business as usual. I'd rather have costly and time consuming litigation. A lot harder to do business as usual when that's going on.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32189 on: September 10, 2019, 04:50:04 pm »

"Purdue Pharma believes a settlement that benefits the American public now is a far better path than years of wasteful litigation and appeals," the statement said. "Those negotiations continue and we remain dedicated to a resolution that genuinely advances the public interest."

I'd rather we go that route, personally. I'm sick of this shit where the wealthy get to pay their way out of trouble and go back to doing business as usual. I'd rather have costly and time consuming litigation. A lot harder to do business as usual when that's going on.
Agreed
Pages: 1 ... 2144 2145 [2146] 2147 2148 ... 3511