Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2173 2174 [2175] 2176 2177 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595452 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32610 on: October 03, 2019, 06:20:38 pm »

https://youtu.be/VzMRe_6DnkU?t=30
Quote from: Donald Trump
Well, I would think that, if they were honest about it, they'd start a major investigation into the Bidens. It’s a very simple answer. They should investigate the Bidens because how does a company that’s newly formed and all these companies, if you look at — and by the way, likewise, China should start an investigation into the Bidens, because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine. So I would say that President Zelensky, if it were me, I would recommend that they start an investigation into the Bidens. Because nobody has any doubt that they weren’t crooked. That was a crooked deal 100%. He had no knowledge of energy, didn’t know the first thing about it, all of the sudden he’s getting $50,000 a month plus a lot of other things. Nobody has any doubt. And they got rid of a prosecutor, who was a very tough prosecutor, they got rid of him. Now they're trying to make it the opposite way, but they got rid- So if I were the president, I would certainly recommend that of Ukraine.

Donald Trump came dangerously close to actually making a coherent accusation there, which could have been disproven. But then he caught himself, and just trailed off into insane gibberish like always.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32611 on: October 03, 2019, 06:26:38 pm »

Good to know our president still can't speak in complete sentences.  I was worried I'd have to stop telling people that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32612 on: October 03, 2019, 07:19:07 pm »

Looks like Rick Perry, DOE Secretary, may be the next casualty of the investigation. The Politico link in there has the three sources claim that Ukraine has nothing to do with it, but it could be a contributing factor as he's been sucked into it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32613 on: October 03, 2019, 07:48:00 pm »

The former Texas governor and former Dancing with the Stars participant as energy secretary suggested that fossil fuels can help prevent sexual assault.

I had to read this at least twice.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32614 on: October 03, 2019, 08:02:24 pm »

Well obviously, would you sexually assault someone who poured gasoline on them and then set themselves on fire?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32615 on: October 03, 2019, 09:12:16 pm »

You could probably make hot references, there, but the thread probably has better things to do than make sexual assault jokes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32616 on: October 03, 2019, 10:28:10 pm »

I typed one out...decided it would be in bad taste before hitting 'post'.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32617 on: October 04, 2019, 10:15:57 am »

Trump is now demanding that the House hold a formal vote on whether or not to hold an Impeachment Inquiry, before the White House will comply with said inquiry.
Pelosi is countering that there is nothing written in the constitution or elsewhere requiring a formal vote prior to initiating an impeachment inquiry. Further, impeachment inquiries have been conducted many times in the past without any formal vote.

One can assume that the purpose of this vote would be to get at-risk democratic chairs on the record prior to elections.
Venturing into conspiracy theory territory, they may also be buying time while they hide evidence.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32618 on: October 04, 2019, 11:18:29 am »

they may also be buying time while they hide evidence.

"Quick, put Mr Trump in the closet before they turn up looking for him". Trump is just walking evidence. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the stand and blabs something totally incriminating but doesn't realize it, then when literally the entire media is pointing out that it's incriminating he's furiously tweeting out "fake news! fake news!" while the white house burns to the ground.

Considering their incompetence I wouldn't be surprised if their attempts to hide the evidence are botched. Like hiding a stolen item as a lump under a rug when the police turn up looking for it, thus ensuring they notice it, when it would have been less noticeable in plain sight.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 11:22:09 am by Reelya »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32619 on: October 04, 2019, 11:41:29 am »

The current strategy though is to just leave it in plain sight.

He's openly saying he did the thing they're threatening to impeach him over. And he's just making it out to be such a non-issue that it will inevitably become a partisan issue. His followers will simply go his route and say "So what if he did?" And at that point you really can't have an argument. It's not about whether he did something or not, it's about whether what he did was a bad thing, and when you can't get people to agree on basic premises like that, then there's no argument happening.

We do need the media to do more pulling out of the reasons it's bad, rather than just pointing at it, mouth gaping.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32620 on: October 05, 2019, 12:09:06 am »

"Become a partisan issue" you say?

...wonder how many of those shitbags is named John?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32621 on: October 05, 2019, 12:43:01 am »

after a certain point is literally possible to sum up as "white dudes show up in boats and fuck over everything"

First up, what about Hispanics then? Usually "white" in American common parlance excludes people of Hispanic origins, i.e. the descendants of the conquistadors. If you're then turning around and saying "but in this context White includes the spanish and portuguese" then it might seem like shifting the goal posts, since if there was a male Hispanic president you'd be unlikely to be labeling him a "white dude president".

And did the white dudes not bring any white women with them? Everyone was horrible in disease-ridden Europe of the 15th century. I doubt the women they brought were the refined little flowers you're imagining. Mothers back then probably thought that putting a cat in a sack for the kids to beat with sticks was a way to keep the kids entertained. Remember all these sweet little ladies of the 15th century were personally involved with murdering, gutting, cooking sentient animals. So even on a good day, the wife was killing more sentient living beings than the husband was. 99% of male-gender people alive today just aren't psychologically prepared to go all "Hannibal Lector" on other animals, the way 15th century women did every day.

After all, it was a female monarch who backed Colombus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_I_of_Castile
Isabella and Ferdinand are known for completing the Reconquista, ordering conversion or exile of their Muslim and Jewish subjects, and for supporting and financing Christopher Columbus's 1492 voyage that led to the opening of the New World and to the establishment of Spain as the first global power which dominated Europe and much of the world for more than a century.

While there have been more male rulers than female rulers in history, when there are female rulers they're not noticeably less horrible than the typical male ruler. People are people, gender is secondary. Sure Hillary Clinton would have been much better than Trump, but that's not really much of a specific claim is it, more or less an observation that just about any human would have been much better than Trump.

Trump's not terrible because of his gender. Consider that you almost had Sarah Palin as vice president, and John McCain may have died earlier if he had been elected, leaving you with a Palin presidency.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:36:35 am by Reelya »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32622 on: October 05, 2019, 03:32:49 am »

White as shorthand for imperial yuropicans is not unusual in any way, and you may have a point about women having as much capacity for evil but we didn't get to find that out because of something...

No, this isn't some "put women on a pedestal because they're obviously superior morally ethically and plus they smell nicer" bullshit here, this is what you get when a kid grows up watching every male authority figure in his life turn out to be openly monstrous like my psychopath father, accepting of monsters like his family who said nothing or the police who did nothing when I--silly me--sought help from them, or hiding their evil through coded language like Reagan did.

After I determined I would have to kill Jackie to stop him I had to learn what he was so I studied my prey until he bitched out on life and killed himself first but that doesn't suddenly mean I can just begin trusting old dudes or stop expecting them to seize any opportunity to fuck over others for some reason, and hey, it isn't exactly hard to find countless examples of evil fuckers wherever you look: your own example includes a direct link to that piece of shit Columbus who got a holiday because a bunch of old white cuntbags over here decided to glorify the kiddiefucking piece of shit who helped properly kick off the genocides in the americas.

I mean, just stop, you don't need to defend these guys, nobody does, and I'm certainly never going to be open to the idea that the world didn't get better when pieces of shit like Reagan and my dad died. Similarly it would be better if every one of those fuckers in that picture I posted up there keeled over tomorrow.

Palin is a moron, Trump is a moron, but Trump is a moron who is convinced that the world exists for him to fuck it over, and garden variety stupidity doesn't play in the same ballpark as someone who throws hissy fits and fucks over worldwide balances of power, relationships, and general security.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32623 on: October 05, 2019, 03:34:23 am »

Typical Spanish from Spain people are white skinned.

When "Hispanic" is brought up in the US, it is usually code for Mestizo.

Although, the category is "White, non-Hispanic", "White Hispanic", and "Hispanic".

Mestizo is the largest racial demographic in Mexico, and is the central, dominant ethnic group and cultural identity of that country.  It is the actual demographic name for "Mexican" in terms of ethnicity, and is the source of the "Brown-ness".

So, I see no real reason to exclude Cortez & Co. from being classified as "White men that showed up in a boat and ruined everything."  Everything about that shoe fits, so it should be worn.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32624 on: October 05, 2019, 04:02:38 am »

I did forget the two male role models that didn't let me down: Papa, my great grandfather who was able to keep Jackie in line when he was around but was also dying and hooked to an oxygen tank, and Booker T. who had the most awful scars on his hands from when he was caught in a closet during a fire with his little sister and dug through a wall to save her so the backs of all his fingers are fused together. Papa was half some mixture of Apache/Comanche as I recall though he was so old he was damn near translucent, and Booker T. was black so neither really did much to help disprove my impression of white dudes during my formative years...
Pages: 1 ... 2173 2174 [2175] 2176 2177 ... 3515