Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 [2222] 2223 2224 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3535321 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #33315 on: November 23, 2019, 01:27:51 pm »

Park rangers are definitely a demographic that love D. Trump, too.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #33316 on: November 23, 2019, 02:28:14 pm »

Love... D? I don't follow.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33317 on: November 23, 2019, 02:29:46 pm »

Oh, sorry, I will find something more related to the nation as a whole
apparently Trump is ordering park rangers to patrol the US-Mexico border

Why? What's the point of doing that? He's also sending park rangers from places nowhere near the border and from places that already have staff shortages.

From reading it, it seems like they're being used like scouts. Wouldn't it be better to use those native to the border areas? /s And no, I don't mean only Native Americans.

You're combining 'Love' and 'D.' when it's not meant to be.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #33318 on: November 23, 2019, 03:10:40 pm »

D short for Donald, not D, period.

And it's sarcastic on top of that. Park Rangers tend to dislike Trump due to his aggressive pro-pollution stance.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33319 on: November 23, 2019, 03:19:43 pm »

Park rangers are one of the only groups I've ever seen where even their Republicans dislike Trump in more than a perfunctory way.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #33320 on: November 23, 2019, 03:24:54 pm »

I saw D and my mind went to democrat.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33321 on: November 23, 2019, 04:56:55 pm »

Mine went to descartes, and the 'net shorthand he somehow became for dick. Love the D, park rangers. Trump only loves it if it's tattooed in cyrillic, tho'. I'unno how much common ground they'll find on that front.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33322 on: November 23, 2019, 05:03:49 pm »

Park Rangers just aren't trained for that work, it's nonsensical.
Not all of them. But there is one. His name is Chuck-Park Norris. He's half-Korean, knows Tae-kwon-do, and holds the traditional masculine values that made America great.
He is the Texas Park Ranger.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33323 on: November 24, 2019, 02:18:15 am »

Park Rangers just aren't trained for that work, it's nonsensical.
Not all of them. But there is one. His name is Chuck-Park Norris. He's half-Korean, knows Tae-kwon-do, and holds the traditional masculine values that made America great.
He is the Texas Park Ranger.
Yeah, but it's gonna take him a while to get anything done. He's a walker.

Park: "Soon"

Park: [Narrows eyes in Korean]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #33324 on: November 24, 2019, 03:22:52 pm »

The Monopoly Man himself has officially entered the race for DNC.

Like, I want Trump to lose the election, of course, but I want Bloomberg to lose all his social standing and be reduced to digging in the garbage for food. His vanity and self-dealing will be the death of the Democratic Party if he manages to manipulate his way into power.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33325 on: November 24, 2019, 04:14:51 pm »

I'm surprised there's still like 10 people running and the debates are still therefore a disorganized mess.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33326 on: November 24, 2019, 04:23:53 pm »

What if we had the 10 candidates in one area and people from the audience would ask a question? Each candidate taking turns to answer the question? This would continue until all questions are answered

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33327 on: November 24, 2019, 04:45:30 pm »

The Monopoly Man himself has officially entered the race for DNC.

Like, I want Trump to lose the election, of course, but I want Bloomberg to lose all his social standing and be reduced to digging in the garbage for food. His vanity and self-dealing will be the death of the Democratic Party if he manages to manipulate his way into power.

He'll win. Well, there's a possibility he will split Biden's vote and let Warren or Sanders over the line, but I wouldn't put money on it. The Democratic party will survive of course. The bar they have to cross gets lower every year.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33328 on: November 24, 2019, 05:28:22 pm »

What if we had the 10 candidates in one area and people from the audience would ask a question? Each candidate taking turns to answer the question? This would continue until all questions are answered

That's called a town hall. The DNC won't let the candidates debate onstage together outside of sanctioned and planned debates. You still run into the same problem of time because you can't give lengthy answers if they took turns.

I'm surprised there's still like 10 people running and the debates are still therefore a disorganized mess.

Despite that, I think they should lock the requirements as they are in the December debate, they're going to start getting winnowed at the polls soon enough and they are already walking a thin tightrope between culling non-competitive candidates and trying to be fair.

He'd have to pull a bigger upset than Trump to even get the nomination.

His chances are laughable.

Not that it particularly matters, since these days it seems that people actually want the worst of all possible outcomes just to confirm their belief that the world could not be shittier.

Won't stop him from trying to buy his way through. We've also seen in recent years that despite Citizens United, pouring money into a race isn't a guarantee of success. I should note that Trump didn't go the self funding route.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33329 on: November 24, 2019, 05:43:50 pm »

The idea is there wouldn’t be a time constraint,people would listen to the answers even if they took longer, since the longer scans were would hopefully provide more informstion
Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 [2222] 2223 2224 ... 3511