Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2280 2281 [2282] 2283 2284 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532948 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34215 on: January 22, 2020, 06:35:27 pm »

Soleimani had an accident? What are you, an Italian mobster?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34216 on: January 22, 2020, 06:45:52 pm »

Iran admitted the destruction of the Ukrainian plane was an accident.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34217 on: January 22, 2020, 06:54:34 pm »

Basically "look at the evil America, we need to unite because Enemy" stuff.

What'd I do?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34218 on: January 22, 2020, 08:06:31 pm »

Oh and apparently her relatives are absolutely convinced it was not an accident. They're not sure of the reason, though. But if the killing of the guy was a cooperation, and the retaliation strike coordinated (apparently the US was warned many hours ahead of time through Iraqi contacts), then why would the country go into air defense mode?

Of course, I'm not saying this is the case -- I just wanted to share some of the things she said her relatives and friends have told her they think.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34219 on: January 22, 2020, 08:41:46 pm »

To be fair, a rogue nation had just stated they already had bombers on the way, after repeated harassment. When you're expecting an air-based attack, someone's going to accidentally shoot down an unexpected plane.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34220 on: January 23, 2020, 06:52:27 am »

In the news yesterday:

Sanders strongly encroaching on Biden's territory in the democratic primaries, despite the near 100% negative coverage of him by the press.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/politics/cnn-poll-sanders-biden-january-national/index.html

GOP senators vote in 100% partisan fashion, making impeachment trial a farce.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-impeachment-trial-live-updates-senate-rejects-democrats/story?id=68410003

Know what I hope for?

The GOP shows itself to be a monolithic blockade of bullshit fuckwits, and they all get voted out.
Trump becomes a poster child for GOP abuse of government and due process that causes a voting revolution
Bernie beats Biden in all the polls, and wins the election

What I would really prefer:
Trump gets booted from office, and then tried in all those legal cases he has postponed for 4 years while in office, found guilty, and goes to jail.

GOP lawmakers get ousted and then subjected to their own impeachments.

But those are so far removed from remotely reasonable (because of how fucked this country is right now) that I doubt that will happen. The first list has some possibility of happening though, which is why I hope for it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:02:01 am by wierd »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34221 on: January 23, 2020, 07:44:01 am »

I'm afraid that once the impeachment fails, the GOP will become aware that for all intents and purposes they won. Because if they got a president elected through shady means and that same president can do whatever the fuck he wants without repercussions... then they can do it again forever.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34222 on: January 23, 2020, 08:36:27 am »

I'm afraid that once the impeachment fails, the GOP all politicians will become aware that for all intents and purposes they won. Because if they got a president elected through shady means and that same president can do whatever the fuck he wants without repercussions... then they anyone can do it again forever.
FTFY

Yes just so happens a certain party "did it first" but it's a proof-of-concept exploit that anyone could use.

Aside:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34223 on: January 23, 2020, 09:50:22 am »

Fake news and propoganda on social media saw an upswing that election.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34224 on: January 23, 2020, 01:46:30 pm »

GOP?

Great Order of Pussies?

Grim Onager Puppy?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34225 on: January 23, 2020, 01:48:49 pm »

Grand Old Party. It's the republican party's nickname.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34226 on: January 23, 2020, 02:41:32 pm »

Oh... and dems are the LYP? Little young party? Hehehe... (GOP) it seems like a pretty pendantic nickname if it's selfimposed. A bit shy of something like The First Order or the likes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:43:13 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34227 on: January 23, 2020, 02:42:47 pm »

Oh... and dems are the LYP? Little young party? Hehehe... it seems like a pretty pendantic nickname if it's selfimposed.
Nah, the Dems don't have a nickname. I could go for a FALGSC party tho.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34228 on: January 23, 2020, 02:45:45 pm »

Agreed. I'm surprised anyone disagrees with Ocasio-Cortez.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34229 on: January 23, 2020, 02:47:14 pm »

Speaking of politics* this week we have seen(heard most accurately) lots of combat planes over our city. We have a air force base here and combat exercises  common every other tuesday but this week they have given those old rusky planes a good beating. We live the other side of the city so I don't think we'll be in direct trouble in case of the worst (unless a nuclear attack is in due order) but surely doesn't help to the nerves the constant maneuvering.

*Good old fashion gunboat politics I meant.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:57:50 pm by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 2280 2281 [2282] 2283 2284 ... 3511