Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2828 2829 [2830] 2831 2832 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533706 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42435 on: December 01, 2020, 05:47:43 pm »

Thing is, unless a study is made on them, the best shot we have is to work with the data we have. I'm not saying it from a political perspective but the math one.
Eh, the data we have when extrapolated has been democratic party blowouts for most of my life. People have crunched numbers for what the US would probably look like with 100% turnout and it looks like a boot stomping on the GOP's face for the rest of ever. Primary reason the vast majority of voter suppression issues we have stateside are republican initiatives.

Though yeah, US folks outside the country also trend (fairly strongly) less GOP, as LW notes. Stay away from the actual country and the people you meet hailing from there have pretty good odds of being fairly chill (if maybe loud or somethin').
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42436 on: December 01, 2020, 06:12:42 pm »

(if maybe loud or somethin').

Knowing people who work at tourist locations in Edinburgh and Dundee, loud is definitely a trait they associate with Americans.

I can't remember if I would have called Americans loud when I was living among them, but it's been over a decade since I lived in the US/Germany* and I've not met many Americans since.

*Knew a lot of US embassy kids in Germany.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42437 on: December 01, 2020, 07:34:31 pm »

Well, that's a thing. Kraken lady's apparently got a witness claiming to have observed massive voter fraud in Edison County, MI.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
Ask!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42438 on: December 01, 2020, 08:09:39 pm »

There's (at least) three instances of Thomas County, though...

(I was messing with 2nd/3rd-Tier government area data last week, and just happened to still have a partial dataset in a flatfile, on the machine to my left...)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42439 on: December 01, 2020, 08:36:28 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:06:59 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42440 on: December 01, 2020, 10:24:35 pm »

Well, for one other nations will again respect the US.

why?  in four years it could be the exact opposite again anyway.

Oh that cabinet, they're bringing lobbyists, they're bringing lemons, they're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people... Like surely there must be some interns carrying coffee around. Fucksake let him stumble and fail at least before you presume everybody is on the same level than the fluffpieces on Kamala they're peddling over here now. I will now celebrate with sad airhorn noises.

I'm not talking about biden, I'm talking about in 4 years when he's up for reelection, and potentially swapped for another republican Trumpist, who will once again soil every relation america has.

Look how shitty we look in just four years of trump stupidity.  Why should anyone deal with us when at any point in time we could just elect another douche like a trump.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #42441 on: December 01, 2020, 10:47:09 pm »

Considering how easy Trump was to manipulate, there is little reason the major powers would be against another turn of him or his equivalent.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42442 on: December 02, 2020, 08:19:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:07:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42443 on: December 02, 2020, 08:40:28 am »

*shrugs* There'll be less of them, though. Trump's support was very much older folks. Between the plague scything through them and drowning healthcare in general, and age, well. Four years later does them few to no favors.
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42444 on: December 02, 2020, 08:58:18 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:07:24 pm by dragdeler »
let

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #42445 on: December 02, 2020, 10:05:53 am »

I'm not defending them or anything but the right wing seems somewhat quieter about their candidate losing than I remember the left in 2016 (God I can't believe that was less than a decade ago). My conservative friends didn't go ballistic or anything. A vaguely annoyed rant at most that was forgotten about a few days later.

If anything that's a good mentality to have.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42446 on: December 02, 2020, 10:11:10 am »

If they seem quieter there are two reasons which don't involve them actually being quieter at all.

1. They don't accept the idea that he lost, and would thus be silent on that front.
2. They don't roll around in the same social/media bubbles as you do.

Republicans in Georgia are panic-mode right now because dumbfuck fascist supporters are turning on the candidates there, and man, if I thought the left was good at eating their own... you add a lot more crazy populism into the mix and it's... it's a mess.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #42447 on: December 02, 2020, 10:12:47 am »

Maybe my leftist friends are way more radical than my rightist friends (who are pretty much centrists) so maybe that's why they're more vocal.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42448 on: December 02, 2020, 10:19:07 am »

The differences we see might be those between those who ended up supporting a compromise candidate vs those who ended up supporting a compromised candidate?

Any anger out there hits at different stages of the cycle (as well as which fork in the road the cycle ends up taking, and observer-effect).

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
  • You are filled with AN EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF BOLTS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42449 on: December 02, 2020, 10:30:36 am »

I think the left-wing people are more vocal than right-wing people is this;

The current system has history of allowing right-wing goals to be reached.
The current system, however, has a clear bias against left-wing goals.
Left-wing ppl have a problem with the system, and Right-wing people have a problem with how it's used.
i told you about those stairs man
i TOLD you DOG
Pages: 1 ... 2828 2829 [2830] 2831 2832 ... 3511