Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2832 2833 [2834] 2835 2836 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532676 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42495 on: December 05, 2020, 06:28:44 am »

It's a bunk charge. We've all seen the footage from the Russian elections of the balloons being 'accidentally' placed in front of the monitoring camera, and nothing of the kind was even attempted in this case.

What we see in this case is boxes of part-tabulated votes being retrieved from where they'd been put as part of normal operations. It's the accusers who are trying to hide the context, not the accused.

So they're sifting through everything they can (including bringing the weirdos out of the woodwork who'd probably be willing to perjure themselves if they got anywhere near a courtroom, which mostly the less foolish minds ensure they don't) and snatching at anything that can be selectively reinterpretted as some form of Ocean's 11 super-plan.

Cue 'pizzagate' believers going round to the location and stamping on the floor trying to find the hidden tunnels cut up through the floor in the counting rooms so that some diminitive acrobat can do something really unnecessarily clever... But only with the Presidential votes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42496 on: December 06, 2020, 01:44:28 am »

Why'd they kick the other poll watchers and the press out first, though? They were there for 2 hours after they told everyone to leave (11pm-1am,) IIRC.

Someone in the comments of the article said there was a spike in Biden votes counted during that time, though that could be just a coincidence.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42497 on: December 06, 2020, 02:00:32 am »

There was a spike in Biden votes later because most of the mail-in votes for Biden. This is because Trump told all his supporters that their votes would be stolen if they mailed in. Anything else is baselsee conspiracy
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #42498 on: December 06, 2020, 02:42:10 am »

It does beggar belief that they would encourage observers to leave the room but forget to do anything to the surveillance footage.

According to the Georgia Secretary of State’s office was aware of the late night counting and said o servers were present until counting halted.

Trump is milking this gravy train for all it’s worth; he and the GOP have raised upwards of $200m since the election, and there’s still a couple of weeks before the electoral college officially votes, plus another month after that before he gets kicked out of office. Plenty of time to rack up another couple hundred mill.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42499 on: December 06, 2020, 07:45:13 am »

As I understand it (reading accounts from all parties who were actually there) they sent Sorters home, because of the local choice to stash everything and call it a night, and various Observers (all flavours, but not an an Independent one) chose to leave. The request then came in to get the pre-sorted votes officially counted, so the agreed-upon sorted votes were unstashed and tabulated.

Observers must be allowed to observe, but are not required, nor particularly important when all the fiddly pre-processing work has already been done (where problems like clearly unscannable submissions can be argued over for intent and transfered to a replacement scannable document) and the small number that slip through still to be rejected can go into the Pending Review tray (depending upon how down to the wire it becomes, maybe).

This is supported by actual Republican officials. But of course the ORBITs call them RINOs...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42500 on: December 06, 2020, 02:08:31 pm »

As I understand it (reading accounts from all parties who were actually there) they sent Sorters home, because of the local choice to stash everything and call it a night, and various Observers (all flavours, but not an an Independent one) chose to leave. The request then came in to get the pre-sorted votes officially counted, so the agreed-upon sorted votes were unstashed and tabulated.

That seems a little fishy. Local government decides to stop counting, the observers leave, and then they decide to start counting again?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42501 on: December 06, 2020, 03:02:10 pm »

Well there's now a PolitiFact article on it.

No-one was ordered to leave--nor was anyone forced to be there--and the ones who did leave were primarily the ones validating the outer envelopes and the ones validating the ballots themselves. The ones left were primarily the tabulators, and the ballots were in apparently standard-issue ballot boxes.

Still, leaves a bit of transparency to be desired. For future reference, there should probably be a publicly-announced, easily-accessible, and compiled written record of who enters and leaves, their affiliation, as well when and why they left or entered. Preferably with video recording as well. Observers and poll workers should presumably also be informed with recorded delivery of any sudden changes to the process, such as what Starver mentioned, as well as recorded delivery of their response.

Probably also a good idea to make the ballot boxes more unique so they don't look like suspicious suitcases.

You have people all over the country--and indeed the world--scrutinizing the election. Not everyone is familiar with how the state has set things up. So there's something that could be improved, if only so people aren't left guessing.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42502 on: December 06, 2020, 03:43:49 pm »

Lessons to learn?  (Additional regulations. Because Republicans really like more regulations...)

Meanwhile, Rudy tested positive.

(And someone defendijg him not wearing a mask said "I know they're almost useless because the virus droplets are way bigger than the mask can block." *eyeroll*)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42503 on: December 06, 2020, 04:00:40 pm »

...bigger than the mask can block? Does he know how filtering works? If something is bigger, it is more readily blocked by the mask

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42504 on: December 06, 2020, 04:08:33 pm »

inorite?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42505 on: December 06, 2020, 04:30:25 pm »

there was a sudden massive dump of droplets a mask simply couldn't hold back
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42506 on: December 06, 2020, 04:39:22 pm »

Yep the mask would simply break open flooding your system with a deluge of diseases the little houses in your immune system just can't handle, Covid, SARS, Polio, the T-Virus.  It would be a catastrophe as your body's foundational antibodies would be washed away for years. 

Better to just lick doorknobs that will get all your antibodies used to living under horrible deadly disease so that it does not bother them as much.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42507 on: December 06, 2020, 04:58:07 pm »

Yep the mask would simply break open flooding your system with a deluge of diseases the little houses in your immune system just can't handle, Covid, SARS, Polio, the T-Virus.  It would be a catastrophe as your body's foundational antibodies would be washed away for years. 

Better to just lick doorknobs that will get all your antibodies used to living under horrible deadly disease so that it does not bother them as much.

its Three Stooges Syndrome, man
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42508 on: December 06, 2020, 05:08:46 pm »

Still, leaves a bit of transparency to be desired. For future reference, there should probably be a publicly-announced, easily-accessible, and compiled written record of who enters and leaves, their affiliation, as well when and why they left or entered. Preferably with video recording as well. Observers and poll workers should presumably also be informed with recorded delivery of any sudden changes to the process, such as what Starver mentioned, as well as recorded delivery of their response.

Probably also a good idea to make the ballot boxes more unique so they don't look like suspicious suitcases.

You have people all over the country--and indeed the world--scrutinizing the election. Not everyone is familiar with how the state has set things up. So there's something that could be improved, if only so people aren't left guessing.
I mean yeah, we should have consistent federal election rules, but given how republicans really don't want that because they like voter suppression and stopping black and poor people voting that isn't going to happen.
I disagree here. There isn't any debate with any actual facts about the legitimacy of the election, especially on the global stage. You just have people trying to make up issues because The Donald says it was all rigged and they believe him despite all evidence to the contrary.
The fact that they have found so few things that hint at any impropriety after looking at every single polling place and counting place in every state, many of which are just staffed by volunteers is actually a sign of how few issues there really were with the elections.

I don't think there is honestly any degree of transparency or level of proper procedures that would have stopped Trump from calling this election rigged and having tens of millions people believe in him.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42509 on: December 06, 2020, 05:33:31 pm »

I'm one of the fiercest critics of election rules as they stand, due to being a pollworker at every election, big or small, since 2014. But lo and behold no one cares most of the time; not even now. Inconsistency is literally the legal law of the land.

Hell the big PA lawsuit rests on Trump complaining that the fact that Republican counties disregarded advice from the state to inform voters that they can (but have a short window to) cure mail-in or absentee ballots that were rejected due to the voter messing up the paperwork; and then alleging this constitutes unequal treatment. An interesting argument! Of course the logical conclusion of this is to force voting to be equally done across the board but that's not the intent of the suit; the intent is to overturn the election.

On a related note: Trump announced that his Chief Lawyer for his campaign to overturn the election, Rudy Giuliani, has COVID. It's unknown whether he is symptomatic or how this will effect ongoing efforts, or why Trump announced it (and not Rudy).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 2832 2833 [2834] 2835 2836 ... 3511