Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2891 2892 [2893] 2894 2895 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533006 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43380 on: January 18, 2021, 08:16:39 am »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #43381 on: January 18, 2021, 08:23:48 am »

Meanwhile there are more troops in DC than in the Middle East.
Mega Fort Washington DC.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43382 on: January 18, 2021, 08:33:28 am »

Pretty sure they've already walked that walk back back, anyway, or near enough to it. There's been indication to disregard public statements to that effect, but also statement officials believe they can prove in court that exactly that happened. Nevermind that the actual statement doesn't indicate that there wasn't people there trying to kidnap and/or murder politicians, just that there's currently no strong indication there were organized groups involved... or that sherwin's probably about as trustworthy as the existence of my tortiseshell cat's left nut on anything related to trump.

The last week or so has been hectic as hell for the DoJ and co, and they weren't exactly running on all cylinders beforehand, ha. We'll have to see how things go, especially once the shitgibbon and company is proper kicked out.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43383 on: January 18, 2021, 12:34:52 pm »

https://nypost.com/2021/01/17/former-nys-dem-party-head-gets-vaccinated-in-florida/

lol

Edit: Double lol. The guy has the same name as the dude from the Capitol Hill riot.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:37:06 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43384 on: January 18, 2021, 03:03:03 pm »

US now says no direct evidence of kill/capture teams at US capitol
That Aljazeera article is too brief and so it is misleading. This Bloomberg Quicktake has better info in the poster's comment about the video:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, during the denial-of-bail process, the prosecutors mentioned kill/capture groups and that mention was what they retracted. The guys with the zip-tie restraints are likely to face different charges.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43385 on: January 18, 2021, 05:03:58 pm »

Melania already said her goodbyes to the nation in a video speech.  I guess she can now spend her time on filing the divorce
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43386 on: January 18, 2021, 05:16:07 pm »

That must have been a hell of a prenup ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43387 on: January 18, 2021, 05:47:11 pm »

US now says no direct evidence of kill/capture teams at US capitol
That Aljazeera article is too brief and so it is misleading. This Bloomberg Quicktake has better info in the poster's comment about the video:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, during the denial-of-bail process, the prosecutors mentioned kill/capture groups and that mention was what they retracted. The guys with the zip-tie restraints are likely to face different charges.

Figures. How many videos do we have of people with zip ties and calling for death and hunting people down? There was obviously, without a doubt, people trying to kill and capture.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43388 on: January 18, 2021, 06:02:24 pm »

This is explicitly a "any announcements are premature" thing, because a top official had diarrhea of the mouth. Right now the Feds are most concerned with preventing a recurrence and on the huge number of arrests (over 200 last I saw, with hundreds more cases being opened), and not particularly concerned with public statements. Particularly when those public statements might encourage people to stop broadcasting mycrimes.txt to the world.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43389 on: January 19, 2021, 02:45:43 am »

Trump has ordered (EOed?) almost all the 'travel bans' lifted - not China/Iran, surprise surprise, but all the others.

Though it seems that the administration will be saving Biden the effort of adding that to his own current list of intended EOing reversals (Paris, etc), and other necessary adjustments, by just ignoring that and continuing with whatever they're doing right now until they officially learn/can implement what Biden wants.

(This may be one of the 18th/19th preinaugaral things I predicted would happen. But I'd be surprised if it's all there'll be.)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43390 on: January 19, 2021, 03:09:15 am »

Biden's response was basically "hah lol no" and that he'd reverse the order to preserve pandemic-limiting travel bans.

Meanwhile, patriotically trying to sell stolen intel to Russia, guess even the Trump supporters know who really pulls the strings?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43391 on: January 19, 2021, 03:43:30 am »

This is explicitly a "any announcements are premature" thing, because a top official had diarrhea of the mouth. Right now the Feds are most concerned with preventing a recurrence and on the huge number of arrests (over 200 last I saw, with hundreds more cases being opened), and not particularly concerned with public statements. Particularly when those public statements might encourage people to stop broadcasting mycrimes.txt to the world.
Lmao makes sense, plenty of "hey kids wanna do federal crimes" posting on the internet

Meanwhile there are more troops in DC than in the Middle East.
Mega Fort Washington DC.
But DC doesn't even have a magma cannon. Are they even trying?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43392 on: January 19, 2021, 04:00:22 am »

Wtf is going on, your capital looks like in the end of that horrible resident evil movie.

You too have sucumbed to the banana republic virus? Now it is the banana states of north America.

Is this your covoluted way to get your national football team on the Conmebol? (Shitty third rate politics and inestabilty seems a higher requirement than actually being in South America).
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43393 on: January 19, 2021, 04:01:39 am »

Don’t know what the Connebol is, and no. Our government’s been shitty for a while

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43394 on: January 19, 2021, 05:29:38 am »

Don’t know what the Connebol is, and no. Our government’s been shitty for a while
South American football league = conmebol

Also it's the football you do with your foot and not the football you do with your hand

Wtf is going on, your capital looks like in the end of that horrible resident evil movie.

You too have sucumbed to the banana republic virus? Now it is the banana states of north America.
It is highly poetic to see what goes around comes around. All of the CIA regime change tactics, the oligarchal control over politics, the pugnacious battles between populist strongmen and technocratic elites, the focus on blaming foreigners and restoring a democracy that never existed - exported worldwide, now returns to roost. The USA has finally invaded the USA to protect the USA from the USA

*EDIT
I was almost laffing reading the papers on the tube today. One of the people vetting the national guard deployed in DC for any White Nationalist, NeoNazi or Antigov double agents is a McCarthy. It's like being a McCarthy you are born to be a double agent hunter. Not only that:
There is an “anti-Democratic, hard-right sector of the GOP, which is difficult to quantify”, Hayden told Al Jazeera during the news conference. “They’re in bed with white nationalists, but they may not be white nationalists. That combination is really scary.”
Reminds me of the ultra hindsight of the German conservatives who thought they could control the NSDAP. It's like you guys managed to go all the way back to the 50s and then Tokyo drifted into the 30s, complete with economy implosion, a desire for economic autarky, American isolationism, a flu epidemic and a conservative-fascist alliance

Oh yeah and a beer hall putsch

*DOUBLE EDIT
This is 10 years old news but I thought it was cute
Biden told the magazine about his 2011 visit with Putin, who at the time was prime minister, and said he found himself just inches away from the Russian leader.

“I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul,’” Biden told the magazine. “He looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another.’
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 05:51:05 am by Loud Whispers »
Pages: 1 ... 2891 2892 [2893] 2894 2895 ... 3511