Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2899 2900 [2901] 2902 2903 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3608479 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43500 on: January 20, 2021, 02:48:06 pm »

We are all humans, regardless of humans other humans support. I agree that the storming of the capitol was bad, but it doesn’t make those who did it a separate species

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43501 on: January 20, 2021, 02:55:09 pm »

Well biden is still way better than trump ever was even if he isn't much different than those in the past. It will still be good just to go back to normal times.

Still, I still think of trump supporters as not even human, or at least way less than human. it isnt even the capitol thing, they always want to kill muslims and hate homosexuals, transgenders, anyone who isn't white, straight and doesnt worship christianity.

Would you also defend actual nazis for what they did and say there needs to be unity with them and they are just like anyone else? Or would you say they need to go to prison (or executed, which many were)? Because trump supporters are literally that.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43502 on: January 20, 2021, 02:57:55 pm »

No, they aren't, and the attitude you're spewing here is exactly the same as the one you are decrying.

The are humans, they are U.S. citizens, and they hold different beliefs and values than you do, and the whole damned system here exists so that they have a voice.

The invasion of the capital was a serious issue, and it came about because of charged rhetoric like what you just posted.  Grow. Up.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43503 on: January 20, 2021, 02:58:59 pm »

There's a difference between justice, and revenge.

Nazis and Crazy Trump Supporters should be brought to justice for their crimes.

They shouldn't be executed simply for what they believe. You punish actions flowing from beliefs, you don't punish beliefs themselves.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:02:41 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43504 on: January 20, 2021, 03:03:23 pm »

Again, congratulations for all of you who voted for him, and even those that did not. May this be the mark of a change for good for your country, and not yet another politician that uses the masses to acquire power and money under false promises.

I hope he actually rules for the wheel being of every one of you despite your political orientations.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43505 on: January 20, 2021, 03:05:38 pm »

I can't say that I hold much hope for Biden accomplishing much, but right now all he needs to do is handle Covid effectively, that will substantially impact what happens later.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43506 on: January 20, 2021, 03:08:20 pm »

Well, I'm also looking forward to the business stimulus money he has planned. I don't have a business or really affected by it at all, but that will be great for all the businesses (restaurants especially been hit really hard) who really need that income. The personal stimulus money is cool and all, but the business stimulus is far more a bigger deal than what has been done since covid started. Plus a much tougher take on covid, since US has handled it the worst so far

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43507 on: January 20, 2021, 03:09:36 pm »

What he really needs to do is start rolling back all the insane shit Trump did during his presidency. Close national parks and reserves to drilling exploration, again. Put environmental regs back in place, again. The list goes on.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43508 on: January 20, 2021, 03:12:40 pm »

What he really needs to do is start rolling back all the insane shit Trump did during his presidency. Close national parks and reserves to drilling exploration, again. Put environmental regs back in place, again. The list goes on.

He is going to stop the oil pipeline from canada, that is huge for environment. I imagine he is going to be rather pro-environment considering he is serious about the climate, which is a huge win in my book.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43509 on: January 20, 2021, 03:14:23 pm »

Not sure it's been mentioned on this thread yet, but one issue that's going to be an early issue for Biden is that, due to a combination of factors (but largely by design) a lot of the executive branch and federal agencies have been pretty hollowed out. They've lost a lot of the people who knew how to work the levers of government, and alleviating agency dysfunction will have to be done at the same time as rapid response on covid and other topics.

So... he's got a pretty tall task ahead of him.

Senate also remains (for now) without a power-sharing agreement between Sens. Schumer and McConnell, which will slow things down considerably (even more than usual!) and require Harris to be pretty much everpresent on the Senate floor until they get that hashed out.

Don't worry, he's on this. His chief environmental staff aren't the most environmental, but the initial signs on undoing damage are pretty positive. They've even put out a list this morning (unfortunately lost for the moment in transition between the transition website and the new official WH website) of prominent Trump actions they're working to rectify.

Edit: He'll be signing his first set of Executive Orders (EOs) a little after 5 PM today, which should include several on environmental topics among other pressing issues.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:18:05 pm by Dostoevsky »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43510 on: January 20, 2021, 03:15:28 pm »

No, they aren't, and the attitude you're spewing here is exactly the same as the one you are decrying.

The are humans, they are U.S. citizens, and they hold different beliefs and values than you do, and the whole damned system here exists so that they have a voice.

The invasion of the capital was a serious issue, and it came about because of charged rhetoric like what you just posted.  Grow. Up.

Fascism is certainly a "different value" than mine, and it must not be tolerated. Otherwise you get fascists performing insurrections, as they did, because they believe in that sort of thing. It has nothing to do with "division" - being divided from fascists is a good thing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #43511 on: January 20, 2021, 03:17:47 pm »

Don't forget the cages overflowing with border-children.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43512 on: January 20, 2021, 03:20:02 pm »

From what I've understood, also, one of the first things he plans on doing is re-joining the Paris climate deal.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43513 on: January 20, 2021, 03:22:37 pm »

Yep, and in the slightly-longer term working on negotiating improved targets / better measures. (Though at the same time likely still trying to avoid the trigger for a treaty vote in the Senate.)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #43514 on: January 20, 2021, 03:22:53 pm »

I'm looking forward to the press briefing room being dusted off and reopened.
Pages: 1 ... 2899 2900 [2901] 2902 2903 ... 3515