Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3075 3076 [3077] 3078 3079 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3571091 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46140 on: September 12, 2021, 01:52:17 am »

About 3,7 megamaduros per square meter? Or it was microchavez?

This made me curious, and I discovered about as many people died directly due to 9/11 (per square foot of twin tower) as died directly due to the Chernobyl nuclear incident. (Just over 1400 ft2 per person, using the new dome).

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46141 on: September 13, 2021, 10:15:45 am »

3 megamaduros per square meter thats still fairly reasonable. Starting at 5 megamaduros per square decimeter, youre getting a lot of gnats.
let

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46142 on: September 14, 2021, 06:23:09 pm »

Recall election for the California governor today, guys. Wish us luck.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46143 on: September 14, 2021, 07:23:52 pm »

Good luck.

Trump endorsed the Moonies on September 11 by the way but that's not news, I'm just suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome presumably.  Why would it be news that he'd endorse a literal cult of personality?  The American branch which worships "iron rods" (guns) complete with a bullet crown... have been long-time Trump supporters, so of course he praised them.  I'm the deranged one, clearly.  I'm sure Evangelicals are particularly fine with this behavior from their guy.  Unless Trump annoyed them when he tried to get their actual guy lynched by a mob on Jan 6th - I don't know, they're ironically pretty secretive with their strategy despite their loud opinions on morality.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46144 on: September 14, 2021, 08:06:50 pm »

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-larry-elder-website-gavin-newsom-victory-1628793

So the California recall election is today and in standard (new) republican form the republican candidate pre-emptively declared that the election was rigged.

The notable (and newsworthy) difference from standard fraud claims though is that the site (paid for by campaign) that he linked claimed that the election results were already statistically analyzed and proved the election was rigged which is why he lost... despite the fact that said election hadn't actually happened yet and not even a single vote had been counted.
---
Presumably the same thing is going to happen with basically every single election in 2022 and 2024 when a republican loses... except in some of those places Republicans are currently in control and they will just say they won and try to ignore the actual results of the vote.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46145 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:40 pm »

Looks like the recall failed! Grats California, you didn't make a fucky-wucky today.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46146 on: September 14, 2021, 10:57:49 pm »

This was the sixth recall attempt against Newsom, but the first to reach the threshold of signatures needed to trigger an election.
Wow.  Not only do the Republicans lack honor, they lack sense.

They also, importantly lack the support of the people.  In California, but also in the United States of America.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46147 on: September 14, 2021, 11:44:07 pm »

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-larry-elder-website-gavin-newsom-victory-1628793

So the California recall election is today and in standard (new) republican form the republican candidate pre-emptively declared that the election was rigged.

The notable (and newsworthy) difference from standard fraud claims though is that the site (paid for by campaign) that he linked claimed that the election results were already statistically analyzed and proved the election was rigged which is why he lost... despite the fact that said election hadn't actually happened yet and not even a single vote had been counted.
---
Presumably the same thing is going to happen with basically every single election in 2022 and 2024 when a republican loses... except in some of those places Republicans are currently in control and they will just say they won and try to ignore the actual results of the vote.

This is what we can expect from every republican for the rest of eternity. They will claim fraud no matter what, in hopes that the next coup attempt succeeds. These people belong in prison.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46148 on: September 15, 2021, 03:19:32 am »

Really didn't hear too much ahout this... non-election? There was some passing coverage on a major radio programme that I only half could listen to due to other people, but otherwise it seemed like it was something y'all wanted to keep as your dirty little secret.

Intrigued to hear that Benson's Law was being (proposed to be) the sign of vote-fixing. Could be very useful to apply to all kinds of results. But I'm sure if you apply it to enough results (once you have them...), you'll find something - and that's bad statistics in itself!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #46149 on: September 15, 2021, 09:05:02 am »

Well, y'see, the 'vote fraud' rabble-rousing at the state level is not necessarily meant for the eyes and ears of we common people, but it's ammunition for the talking heads on AM radio and conservative spheres about how unjust and corrupt (and pervasive!) them west-coast libs are.

It's gonna get real exhausting grappling with conservatism now that the 'crazy' genie is out of the bottle- they're just gonna lose too much of their voter base if they try to backpedal from the brazen Trump-esque arrogance they championed for four years.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46150 on: September 15, 2021, 09:53:00 am »

they're going to lose voters anyway; people won't actually bother to show up and vote if the "system" is rigged against them anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46151 on: September 15, 2021, 10:01:39 am »

Larry himself conceded defeat last night.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46152 on: September 15, 2021, 11:25:55 am »

It's kind of in a weird place - he's conceded, but his campaign still has apparatus in place supporting an election-rigging claim (in addition to the stuff that popped up in advance). Given the state of the modern political campaign this isn't unheard of, but will probably take a few days to make it clear what the full stance is.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46153 on: September 15, 2021, 11:33:28 am »

This is turning into like pre-2000s ad spam; only for actual elections. Giant buttons that say FRAUD websites want you to smash.

but will probably take a few days to make it clear what the full stance is.

That's somewhat optimistic I think :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46154 on: September 15, 2021, 12:16:49 pm »

Fair enough, hah. Considering that he seems to be aiming to seamlessly pivot into a 2022 campaign, I'm betting he (or his campaign) tries to maintain the spectre of fraud to sustain interest from certain folks while in practice not actually doing a formal challenge to the results.
Pages: 1 ... 3075 3076 [3077] 3078 3079 ... 3513