Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3079 3080 [3081] 3082 3083 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3534585 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46200 on: September 16, 2021, 08:59:28 pm »

The jail-break-attempt-turns-into-murderers-orgy reference is very real however... Venezuela is anything but boring I give her that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46201 on: September 16, 2021, 09:29:12 pm »

To be honest, I wish we could live in boring times.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46202 on: September 16, 2021, 09:38:08 pm »

To be honest, I wish we could live in boring times.

wish granted, its the elon musk hyperloop spam future
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #46203 on: September 16, 2021, 09:47:34 pm »

That's not boring, everything's constantly catching on fire and breaking and backing up now.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46204 on: September 16, 2021, 09:57:01 pm »

Lol, "republicans voted to throw her out". Let's look at the exact vote. 230-199, with 11 republicans voting to remove her. Sounds a lot like democrats voted her out.

Sounds a lot like 11 republicans didn't... fall in line!

And if you don't see how blaming Jews for causing natural disasters isn't neo-nazi rhetoric, then I suggest you take some time looking up how neo-nazis talk in their circles. It's just constant blaming the jews for everything and denying the holocaust...

Did Greene ever deny the holocaust? Not that I can find. Did she say that Jews in general were responsible for the space laser? No, she mentioned a wealthy and influential Jewish bank/family by name.

"fall in line" is a VERY vague term, and I have provided examples as to why I think it qualifies. If you want to dilute what I meant down to "different parties vote differently" then no shit. No one would say otherwise. If a party often didn't vote together, they wouldn't really be a party in the first place. You posting irrelevant data because you uncharitably interpreted what I meant doesn't mean I am performing a no true Scotsman fallacy because I am not adhering to what you define "fall in line" as.

And where does requiring "some moral standard to be tossed out" enter that definition? Broadly, any kind of pressure is sufficient. (Also didn't know you thought Republicans had any morals.)

And just to finish this off. Your accusation of anti-Semitic comments refers to pointing out Israel's war crimes = anti-Semitism. Which is stupid. The country of Israel doesn't represent the race of Jewish people and trying to attach the two together is wrong. We've also already had this argument.

Fine, we can talk about the time Swalwell shagged a Chinese spy and then was appointed to the House Intel Committee, where he constantly downplayed the threat China poses to the US.

FBI briefed Pelosi and others before appointment. Once it became public knowledge years later, Dems lolnope'd his removal.

I also don't see why this would differentiate on bills that both parties just all voted yes on.

Missed this bit the first time. It's stated in the document:
Support shows those who, in 2019, voted most often with a majority of their party against a majority of the other party.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:03:47 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46205 on: September 16, 2021, 10:05:55 pm »

In other news:
Special counsel John Durham, tasked by the Trump administration with investigating the FBI’s role in the 2016 presidential campaign, announced Thursday the indictment of a lawyer charged with lying when he gave the bureau purportedly damaging information about then-candidate Donald Trump without disclosing his ties to Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

The 27-page one-count indictment accuses attorney Michael Sussmann, a former federal prosecutor with expertise in computer cases, of having “lied about the capacity in which he was providing the allegations to the FBI” by claiming he was not representing a client when he was secretly acting on behalf of Clinton’s political team. Sussmann is scheduled to make an initial court appearance Friday morning.

("Purportedly damaging information" relates to fabricated evidence of Trump-Russia ties.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:11:31 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46206 on: September 16, 2021, 10:18:56 pm »

And defending the anti-semitic troll and her jewish space laser nonsense. Yeah no. You're already demonstrably arguing in bad faith here, I'm not even going to bother responding to this nonsense.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46207 on: September 16, 2021, 10:42:18 pm »

Sounds a lot like 11 republicans didn't... fall in line!

If your argument is "haha, you didn't say most republicans always fall in line, I win!". Then I will leave you to continue to pat yourself on the back in your delusional little fantasy world on that point.

Did Greene ever deny the holocaust? Not that I can find. Did she say that Jews in general were responsible for the space laser? No, she mentioned a wealthy and influential Jewish bank/family by name.

"Silly lefty! She only invoked the jewish bank name "Rothschild", the center of many many nazi conspiracy theories when deciding who created the space laser destroying our country. You can't say this has anything to do with hating the jews!"

The rest of the comment isn't even worth going over. You got me with that fine print on the graph, but it really doesn't change anything.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46208 on: September 16, 2021, 11:15:29 pm »

She also peddles Crossfit!

Anyway, it's a good thing Democrats didn't try to pack the court or maybe only 10 Republicans would have ostracized her.

Keep in mind she still gets to represent the USA (nice one Georgia) and vote on bills!  It's just that her *unique* perspective isn't needed in committees busy with real world policy.  I'm sure all this only bolstered her numbers, which only makes it sadder that House Republicans - sorry, only 201/212 House Republicans - fell in line.

It's fun to keep a sense of humor about this stuff, but she's responsible for a lot of death.  Pushing anti-semitism isn't funny, pushing mask avoidance isn't funny, and supporting armed insurrection isn't funny.  Even from a performative clown.  She's getting her followers infected, encouraging stochastic hate crime against jews, and basically we'd all be better off if she got recalled.  Herself included, she's wonderful at playing the "martyr" and profiting off the blind support of Trump cultists.  She doesn't need to be a representative to do that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46209 on: September 16, 2021, 11:48:08 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46210 on: September 17, 2021, 07:31:02 am »

That's not boring, everything's constantly catching on fire and breaking and backing up now.
You see, the joke was Boring as in Boring company.

I do wish for a normal, yawn inducing life too.

Why do conspiracy theorists go against Jews all time? So far I saw it aplenty on the left conspiracy nuts but from Trump presidency onwards I see this too on the right conspiracy nuts. Poor guys can't catch a break.

Ohhh btw now I get it Jews... Jaws... no wonder they have mind controlled sharks... I think we can all agree the meaning of this is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 07:37:35 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46211 on: September 17, 2021, 08:29:16 am »

I'm pretty sure most discussion in Ameripol could just be a Mad Lib:

Collective Noun
Adjective
Noun
Infinitive Verb
Collective Noun
Adjective
Adjective

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46212 on: September 17, 2021, 08:37:53 am »

I do wish for a normal, yawn inducing life too.

Why do conspiracy theorists go against Jews all time? So far I saw it aplenty on the left conspiracy nuts but from Trump presidency onwards I see this too on the right conspiracy nuts. Poor guys can't catch a break.
It's an artifact of very literal centuries of anti-jewish hatred coming from Christianity, mostly. There's other stuff involved, but some asshole way in the past mangling christian scripture to blame jews for the death of jesus is where it started, and the effects of that propagating over several hundred years is what entrenched it. It's been a major part of rightwing horseshit for longer than there's been european colonies in the americas :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46213 on: September 17, 2021, 08:51:25 am »

I don't get it, really. All Christians I meet in real life consider the Jew people as the first chosen by God. The evangelist ones actually consider them sacred people filled with the grace of God... Back when Chavez cursed the land of Israel and all it's people on national tv there was a huge backslash for him on part of basically all Christendom from all denominations here.

Here the Catholic and Evangelist, or at least the ones I have had contact for one reason or another never stop on the religion/ethnicity of... anyone on the bible, only on the deeds and teachings. Why people is so fucking obsessed with those things.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46214 on: September 17, 2021, 09:11:16 am »

Why do conspiracy theorists go against Jews all time?
Historic target among the Christian-influenced West? A ubiquitous subgroup, often barred from 'ordinary' society so adopting a stand-offish role (e.g. being the moneylenders when no decent Christian could be, and they are barred from most other guilds and professions by rule or general practice) in a self-reinforcing loop. Easy(ish) to identify both for in-group and out-group purposes and tar with the same brush when one of their number (appears to) do something anathemeic to society.

But they don't even (generally) have the decency to be super-easy to identify (c.f. African heritage) so as well as the 'Goldberg Corporation' types (insert any yiddisher name you want here) there's the even more sneaky types who were so cunning as to have their grandparents adopt a completely anglicised (or other non-anglic equivalent) decades before they were born so that they could pervade society in innocuous-looking but key administrative roles and further whatever common cause it is that they wish to further (including appointing 'their own kind' into other roles, that they had the deviousness to become the best-qualified candidate for!) and thus depriving any random boy from the sticks from becoming a lot more than the education and aptitudes granted to him, by his non-Jewish sticks-schtick upbringing, could ever hope for...

Recent Jewish immigrants (who may have been chucked/chased/forced out of some other regime's domain) are even worse, because they look a lot like pretty much everything that is all anyone really knows about their original homeland (and thus look like agents for that self-same regime they were escaping) with the accent and the looking like every other immigrant until they blend back into their new home again...

(I recon it's just a memetically evolved sweet-spot of prejudice, that gets re-adopted and reinforced whenever some other group (that isn't themselves a hotbed of perfidious judaism, with their matriarchal descendency and frankly odd refusal to proselytise!) wants to whip up anything from a minor grudge to a pogrom or full-on holocaust, not forgetting intra-semitic jihads and maybe other variations further around the cultural landscape.)

TL;DR; ...Haters gonna hate. And they don't need to have any imagination...

(I'm sure there's better sociological studies to explain this, but... from a not-in-that-out-group, but also not-in-the-opposing-in-group, perspective... this seems to cover the broadest of situations.)

Ninjaed - and it's no longer really Christians, but that probably got the ball rolling even among the more secular/neo-paganistic/whatever successor philosophical cultures.
Pages: 1 ... 3079 3080 [3081] 3082 3083 ... 3511