Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3083 3084 [3085] 3086 3087 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532618 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46260 on: September 19, 2021, 10:54:54 am »

I've heard France wanted US nuclear submarines as well and this is partly a case of sour grapes. Also big people in France stood to make a huge amount of money on this deal which is probably another factor.

Additionally in general France has been a bit of a wild player internationally not always in line with US interests. The US isn't very keen about having it in the fold fully, which could have informed their willingness to perhaps tweak a few French noses.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 11:00:48 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46261 on: September 19, 2021, 11:59:43 am »

Wouldn't the baguettes get soggy?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46262 on: September 19, 2021, 02:59:40 pm »

If your argument is "haha, you didn't say most republicans always fall in line, I win!". Then I will leave you to continue to pat yourself on the back in your delusional little fantasy world on that point.

But can you actually say any different about Democrats?

"Silly lefty! She only invoked the jewish bank name "Rothschild", the center of many many nazi conspiracy theories when deciding who created the space laser destroying our country. You can't say this has anything to do with hating the jews!"

It's more standard Illuminati shit than Nazi shit. Greene even walked her statement back and apologized about it.

Greene also made that tasteless comparison about mask mandates in Congress being like the beginning of the Holocaust, so it's not like she's said Nazi Germany was a cool time.

But I don't really care about her beyond the fact that some Republicans (the free speech party) broke rank to penalize her, while Democrats won't break rank to even censure their own.

And defending the anti-semitic troll and her jewish space laser nonsense. Yeah no. You're already demonstrably arguing in bad faith here, I'm not even going to bother responding to this nonsense.

Don't know why you post just to say you're not going to respond. Not like anyone asked you to, yet you've done this at least twice now. (Edit: Pretty sure it's up to 3.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:29:48 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46263 on: September 19, 2021, 03:30:57 pm »

The poor repub with a mask that said "CENSORSHIP" while, yknow, being an elected representative being broadcast on CSPAN was rather hilarious for the free speech party.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46264 on: September 19, 2021, 04:14:50 pm »

Bumber, I already explained what I mean by "fall in line". You have all the content you need to argue against it. As this point I feel you are just trying to get me to respond to things you are never actually going to address.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #46265 on: September 19, 2021, 05:20:43 pm »

the free speech party; or 'why do my political discussion boards keep getting banned by private corporations in the wake of hate speech leading to terrorism?'

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46266 on: September 19, 2021, 05:51:30 pm »

the free speech party; or 'why do my political discussion boards keep getting banned by private corporations in the wake of hate speech leading to terrorism?'

the free speech party; or 'why aren't schools teaching the civil war was over states' rights, nor Christian creationism is valid science?'
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46267 on: September 19, 2021, 05:55:09 pm »

But I don't really care about her beyond the fact that some Republicans (the free speech party) broke rank to penalize her, while Democrats won't break rank to even censure their own.
Often enough, when one of their own deserves censure, there's no rank breaking because the party will actually just bloody boot them to the extent they're able. We've seen this shit repeatedly over the last several years, where dems will actually pressure out a sex pest instead of actively electing one, just for a specific, non-exhaustive, category of behavior.

They're not as on top of that sort of thing as they probably should be, but it's a bloody joke if you're going to try to insinuate the GOP cares more about the bad behavior of its members than the dems do.

Others have ninja'd things well enough on the free speech horseshit, though. The party of voter suppression is no more a party of free speech than my tortiseshell cat's nonexistent left nut is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46268 on: September 20, 2021, 07:31:31 am »

Oh, so perhaps it's more of a Macron covering up French failure out of country-wise embarrassment than what I ranted out above. That's interesting to know.
Probably a bit of both. It was hilarious reading the FFM's statement saying "the UK shouldn't treat allies of this stature like this," as if they haven't spent the last 5 years trying to sideline our stock exchange, send their navy out to harass our fishermen and nick our vaccines. Do they think they're America? They're not powerful enough to get away with that kind of brigand work

*EDIT
EU leaders join France in accusing Joe Biden of imperialism by not making Australia buy French submarines
In his own words, the French foreign minister accused Biden of unilateralism, unpredictability, brutality and not respecting your partner, of being Donald Trump, because he made Australia not buy French submarines
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:36:06 am by Loud Whispers »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46269 on: September 21, 2021, 08:21:37 pm »

The poor repub with a mask that said "CENSORSHIP" while, yknow, being an elected representative being broadcast on CSPAN was rather hilarious for the free speech party.

Not everybody gets to be broadcast on CSPAN. A bunch of people got censored by the liberal social media giants (at the insistence of a Democrat administration) for questioning the origins of COVID.

Cite the CDC's own database regarding adverse reactions to the vaccine? Censored.

Link an article about Hunter's spicy laptop before an election? Can't have that.

Videos by Hollywood actors and rappers about Trump being assassinated. Sure, that's fine.
The Orange Man himself? NO! He might praise the insurrectionists!!!

Shadow bans? Yes, please!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #46270 on: September 21, 2021, 08:39:14 pm »

Bullshit. It took months before either of the "liberal social media giants" were willing to even begin the most basic moderation of COVID misinformation, and even now they don't do nearly enough. The same is true of far-right memes, conspiracy theories, and calls to violence. The fucking insurrection was organized and planned on Facebook, for Christ's sake.

You are being systematically lied to, and have your lips so firmly clamped around the river of shit they're feeding you that you don't even realize it is there.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46271 on: September 21, 2021, 08:49:02 pm »

Bumber, censorship is government run - none of these news networks or social media platforms are government owned. They're beholden to their stock owners only - which is like...good modern capitalism. If I go on facebook and tell everyone zuckerberg should eat my ass and that gets removed, that's not censorship.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46272 on: September 21, 2021, 09:19:21 pm »

I'll try to keep that in mind next time I get banned from R/Conservative, thanks.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46273 on: September 21, 2021, 10:14:32 pm »

Forgot to mention campus censorship. They'll kick a student or teacher out for stating the wrong opinion. Even the students will threaten you. (Center-left, highly factual source. No bullshit.)

Bullshit. It took months before either of the "liberal social media giants" were willing to even begin the most basic moderation of COVID misinformation, and even now they don't do nearly enough. The same is true of far-right memes, conspiracy theories, and calls to violence. The fucking insurrection was organized and planned on Facebook, for Christ's sake.

You are being systematically lied to, and have your lips so firmly clamped around the river of shit they're feeding you that you don't even realize it is there.

Not enough by your opinion. Who determines what is truth? Liberal fact-checkers? The government? For free speech to exist you need a public debate, not silencing opponents. It's obvious why so many are vaccine hesitant, and they aren't by and large the Trump demographic.

I think you might be stuck in a liberal circle-jerk that makes you blindly accept anything the MSM tell you as fact. Do you still buy into that whole Russia-gate scandal they sold you? The "99% true" Steele dossier? ::) Let's check page 12 of the recent Sussman indictment where an individual discusses the potential of faking sales forms to make it look like Trump was communicating with Russia. (No, that couldn't possibly be true! Republican lies!)

Furthermore, you've shut your mind anything MSM won't tell you. I generally do a bit of digging on mainstream sources before I post, so I make an attempt both sides if they actually cover it and I can find it. (The conclusion I reach is subject to personal biases, as anyone else.) Obviously nobody's going to point out supporting evidence I missed, since there are few conservatives here. So enough of your coprophagic insults.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:24:56 pm by Bumber »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46274 on: September 21, 2021, 10:19:12 pm »

Bumber, censorship is government run - none of these news networks or social media platforms are government owned. They're beholden to their stock owners only - which is like...good modern capitalism. If I go on facebook and tell everyone zuckerberg should eat my ass and that gets removed, that's not censorship.

You're thinking of the 1st Amendment. The term "censorship" applies to any organization:
Censorship can be conducted by governments,[5] private institutions, and other controlling bodies.

You missed the whole thing where Congress was threatening consequences to social media companies for allowing the spread of misinformation. They wouldn't have cracked down on speech as they did if they weren't being pressured. They operate with special privileges granted by the government, so they're actually quasi-governmental organizations.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:21:13 pm by Bumber »

Pages: 1 ... 3083 3084 [3085] 3086 3087 ... 3511