Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3104 3105 [3106] 3107 3108 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3534211 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46575 on: October 25, 2021, 05:17:38 am »

So, Florida's governor has invited all police officers from other states that are no longer allowed to work without vaccination, to come and work for the Florida police. He even offers them a bonus of 5000 dollars.

Does this mean, that you are rightfully allowed to resist arrest now in Florida, and defend yourself against the police coming within 1.5 meters distance of you by any means nescessary to prevent being infected?

Id's say that unvaccinated police trying to arrest you is attempted murder.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46576 on: October 25, 2021, 05:24:36 am »

Florida about to become a whole lot more Florida

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46577 on: October 25, 2021, 05:33:50 am »

Prepare to meet Florida men next level. Florida Cop.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46578 on: October 25, 2021, 05:38:07 am »

So, Florida's governor has invited all police officers from other states that are no longer allowed to work without vaccination, to come and work for the Florida police. He even offers them a bonus of 5000 dollars.

Does this mean, that you are rightfully allowed to resist arrest now in Florida, and defend yourself against the police coming within 1.5 meters distance of you by any means nescessary to prevent being infected?

Ha ha but yes.
If all these "libertarians" actually gave a shit about their principles and weren't just racists trying to dodge taxes on the public benefits they exploit, yes.

Obviously the above is satire.  I am not describing libertarian ideals because they literally don't exist.

Edit: A counterpoint would be a self-described libertarian agreeing that it's self-defense to castle-doctrine a potentially plague-bearing cop.  But they love the cops sooooo much because their only actual ideal is private property, and the government infrastructure that protects it. 

"Fuck you got mine - but also you (not I) should fund a police force to protect mine"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 05:44:07 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46579 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:03 am »

Haha, no. Resisting arrest (even when you didn't commit a crime and the police are obviously intending to) is itself a crime, and an excuse for them to feel threatened enough to legally kill you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46580 on: October 25, 2021, 07:56:51 am »

Yes but that law is from the ancient times before police officers could be considered biological weapons in and of themselves. Clearly that law is outdated.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46581 on: October 25, 2021, 08:22:22 am »

Yes but that law is from the ancient times before police officers could be considered biological weapons in and of themselves. Clearly that law is outdated.
You'll only be acquitted if you shout "BEGONE NURGLITE FIEND" whilst distending the contents of your promethium purifier

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46582 on: October 25, 2021, 08:29:34 am »

You could go nergalite instead, then you'd just need like a bronze spear or somethin' to be on theme.

... it'd fit a lot better, too, incidentally; Nergal was a historically worshipped god of, among other things, pestilence, war, and the destructive heat of summer (i.e. covid, military fetishism, and global warming), as opposed to a fictional one primarily of disease. If there actually was a runaway cult of Nergal in the modern era, it could comfortably look a hell of a lot like the US conservative movements.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46583 on: October 25, 2021, 02:33:49 pm »

This isn't the first time a governor has made an offer like this to entice police from out of state, and I'm always left with the big question of how they deal with the differences between states. Not every state has the same laws! Though maybe these would be the sorts of officers who aren't as concerned with the letter.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46584 on: October 25, 2021, 02:46:52 pm »

If I was a Florida resident, I'd be asking where he'd be getting the money to offer those bonuses.

Must be nice to be able to promise other people's money for things!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46585 on: October 25, 2021, 03:03:18 pm »

Exactly how many positions does he have open? Is he creating new positions as officers show up?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46586 on: October 25, 2021, 04:26:57 pm »

Not every state has the same laws! Though maybe these would be the sorts of officers who aren't as concerned with the letter.
I'm fairly sure basically no cops in any state actually care much about the letter of the law, these days, so it probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Anyway, so far as payment or placement, deshitis is just writing a check with his mouth that hasn't actually passed the legislature or anything. Until that happens, the answer to any question like that is "No one bloody knows, especially the asshat in the governor's office".
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46587 on: October 25, 2021, 04:27:10 pm »

One could make a uninformed guess that the police officers would pass some kind of training in local laws in the least, or a complete retraining, depending on the state they come from.

As for the money, it would seem cheap populism to offer money like that, and I HATE populism. Even if this is targeted to a tiny sliver of the population. Absorbing a large portion of manpower is not a task to be taking ligthly, specially with public funds.

The bottom line is, WTF. I understand people being tired of the masks and in a hurry to take them off, but why the fuck reject a vaccine on the basis of mental control or whatever cheap scifi of excuse can come up? "My body my choice" is such a tired and ridiculous excuse for such serious issues like this or abortion. Its not a raunchy piercing or a stupid tatoo dude. Life's are at risk for your stupid belief.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 04:30:33 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46588 on: October 25, 2021, 04:30:29 pm »

I don't have access to my image hosting website's pw at the moment so....

[insert Metalocalypse Florida police vehicle images here]
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46589 on: October 26, 2021, 08:50:27 am »

One could make a uninformed guess that the police officers would pass some kind of training in local laws in the least, or a complete retraining, depending on the state they come from.

As for the money, it would seem cheap populism to offer money like that, and I HATE populism. Even if this is targeted to a tiny sliver of the population. Absorbing a large portion of manpower is not a task to be taking ligthly, specially with public funds.

The bottom line is, WTF. I understand people being tired of the masks and in a hurry to take them off, but why the fuck reject a vaccine on the basis of mental control or whatever cheap scifi of excuse can come up? "My body my choice" is such a tired and ridiculous excuse for such serious issues like this or abortion. Its not a raunchy piercing or a stupid tatoo dude. Life's are at risk for your stupid belief.

You are making the mistake that police principally enforce laws.

Their primary purpose in the modern world is to enforce the hegemony of the wealthy.

Any police officer that actually enforces laws will be quickly eliminated from the force, for upsetting such influential people.
Pages: 1 ... 3104 3105 [3106] 3107 3108 ... 3511