Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3229 3230 [3231] 3232 3233 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532886 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #48450 on: May 25, 2022, 02:50:32 pm »

Yes, sadly the political response will be "ban guns!" "No, my gun freedom!"

When what we really need is "Let's improve mental health care."

It's not that hard, people.... seriously.
yup

I dunno why I even bother.

That isn't a lie. Texas expanded gun rights for hand guns. It is irrelevant to the material statement preceding that the shooter used an AR-15. Yet you've turned that into "Democrats lie!"
Now who is lying?
They are different fucking guns!
How do you not understand that!
Are you really that stupid, or do you just not want to believe it?

Let me say this again:
A shooting occured in which an AR-15
LONG ASS GUN
was used.
Democrats respond by lamenting that Handgun rights were expanded in Texas.
a tiny gun

LIE

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #48451 on: May 25, 2022, 02:51:31 pm »

Again, citation needed. What legislation have the Democrats brought forward that will ban handguns in the aftermath of this shooting?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48452 on: May 25, 2022, 02:52:08 pm »

I actually can't even argue this, since by the time I get one point out, I'm bombarded by two opposing points.
So I'm always two steps behind in this discussion.

Good job liberal scum in skewing the issues.  I'm leaving.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48453 on: May 25, 2022, 02:56:32 pm »

The point of the article was "Look, this state that just had a mass shooting is STILL expanding gun rights against all possible logical reason."

That's not a lie. You just don't like having it pointed out. That doesn't make it a lie. But it does make what you just said a lie.

And that's why you should have just kept that hot garbage to yourself like your brain naturally wanted to before your political brain decided to try and shit up the waters of the discussion.

Shoulda stayed out of it in the first place.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48454 on: May 25, 2022, 02:57:04 pm »

Yup asking you to support your points is absolutely scummy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48455 on: May 25, 2022, 02:59:20 pm »

Again, citation needed. What legislation have the Democrats brought forward that will ban handguns in the aftermath of this shooting?
None so far, why do you ask?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48456 on: May 25, 2022, 02:59:57 pm »

Eh. Mental health care in the US seems to be about the same quality and quantity as in most other western countries. Yet, the shootings happen predominantly in your courtyard. Seems like a distraction.
Most indications I've seen by folks trying to ply that angle suggest it doesn't really help with stuff like this, yeah. They look at past shootings and available indicators prior to them, and generally there's just... not enough there that a more robust mental health system would catch many of them.

There's gigantic pile of other reasons to try to improve mental health care quality and access, but stopping attacks like these ain't it.

By and large we know, full stop, something that would cut down on attacks like these -- reduced firearm access and circulation. The US just isn't willing to do it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48457 on: May 25, 2022, 03:01:42 pm »

you're going to have to walk me through how pushes for gun control in the wake of gun-related massacres leads to the same loss of life that calling the shooter a 'transsexual leftist illegal alien' (per representative Paul Gosar of Arizona), , or how the latter statement is an equivalent comfort to the children and parents suffering as a result of school shootings

or how pushes for gun control spark the same violent rhetoric as oh, I don't know, that time a TPUSA audience was literally cheering or asking when they could start shooting people they perceived were stealing the election

really struggling to see the difference here between 'how do we keep the tools of slaughter out of peoples' hands' and 'when do we get to start slaughtering people'

No, I actually don't have to do that.
I never said they were equal lies.  That was never my point.
My point was dishonestly exists on both sides of the aisle.  No political party is good and virtuous.  Just be careful with politicians, ok?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48458 on: May 25, 2022, 03:02:21 pm »

Be careful with people too. Whether by intent or ignorance, they're peddling nonsense as reason too.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:45:56 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48459 on: May 25, 2022, 03:03:12 pm »

The point of the article was "Look, this state that just had a mass shooting is STILL expanding gun rights against all possible logical reason."

That's not a lie. You just don't like having it pointed out. That doesn't make it a lie. But it does make what you just said a lie.

And that's why you should have just kept that hot garbage to yourself like your brain naturally wanted to before your political brain decided to try and shit up the waters of the discussion.

Shoulda stayed out of it in the first place.
Really, so now only YOU get to decide what the point of articles is?

Gee, I dunno, maybe the point was to push for handguns to be regulated, even though a long gun was used?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48460 on: May 25, 2022, 03:03:42 pm »

People careful with people too. Whether by intent or ignorance, they're peddling nonsense as reason too.
and this is nonsense.  I have no idea what you mean.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48461 on: May 25, 2022, 03:04:09 pm »

None so far, why do you ask?

Hence, Democrats lie better.  They're pushing to regulate handguns (short guns) using a tragedy regarding rifles (long guns).

Someone keeps saying the Democrats are trying to regulate handguns after this school shooting in which the shooter used a rifle.

Unless the “they” in the second sentence does not refer to the Democrats, and the tragedy referred to in the third does not refer to the most recent school shooting.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #48462 on: May 25, 2022, 03:04:27 pm »

Right, right, 'all lies matter' and all that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48463 on: May 25, 2022, 03:05:27 pm »

Oh hey, since I'm the only one actually citing to sources, you forgot one.
This actually supports semi-effectively the point made earlier about closing loopholes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48464 on: May 25, 2022, 03:05:58 pm »

I've changed my mind over time on personal weapons laws.  AR15s are one thing, hunting rifles are another thing, and my right to have a concealed carry so that I'm able to live in an impoverished or hate-crimey neighborhood is a third thing.

I still agree with the hard numbers that other countries have a correlation of reduced lethal crime as they ban firearms.
On the other hand, people like me need protection.

(woah, 67 replies while I typed that?  huh)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 3229 3230 [3231] 3232 3233 ... 3511