Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3230 3231 [3232] 3233 3234 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533106 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #48465 on: May 25, 2022, 03:06:19 pm »

Right, right, 'all lies matter' and all that.
Yeah, they actually do.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48466 on: May 25, 2022, 03:09:50 pm »

Yeah, they actually do.

Spoken like a true wonk.

Really, so now only YOU get to decide what the point of articles is?

Tell me you believe in "alternative facts" without saying "alternative facts." I didn't decide shit. I just know how to read. Again, just because you don't like it doesn't make it a lie. But you have to be arguing in good faith to begin with, and I honestly can't tell if you're arguing in bad faith or are just delusional.

Gee, I dunno, maybe the point was to push for handguns to be regulated, even though a long gun was used?

Did you even read the laws they passed? Or are you going to try and paint owning a handgun in Texas without a permit as "pushing for handguns to be regulated"?

You wanted an example of peddling nonsense? THAT is fucking nonsense.

Ah, no, on second reading I see now. You're pissed that a long gun was used and the media is saying more guns including hand guns should be regulated even though a long gun was used.

Who fucking cares. They have an opinion, you have an opinion. Only one opinion though results in fewer firearms overall. Only wonks even bother to make a distinction between hand guns and long guns. The rest of us only care about how many bodies are piled upon the altar of gun worship in this country. And again, what you're pissed about and calling a lie ISN'T EVEN A LIE. But when you don't like something, just like the hacks in Congress, you just stand up and screech "LLLIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!"

Also, weren't you supposed to GTFO? You're about as consistent on that as your ability to parse a written sentence.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:17:56 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #48467 on: May 25, 2022, 03:10:08 pm »

Oh hey, since I'm the only one actually citing to sources, you forgot one.
This actually supports semi-effectively the point made earlier about closing loopholes.
You’re the only one making outlandish claims about Democrat legislation.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48468 on: May 25, 2022, 03:17:45 pm »

The initial reports which include statements made BY THE GOVERNOR OF TEXAS stated that he had a long rifle and a handgun, though it was unconfirmed. That's since been walked back.

But no you're right, it's all probably just a trick by the bay12 democratic liberal scum community to make you feel marginalized, or something.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48469 on: May 25, 2022, 03:22:14 pm »

Yeah, they actually do.
I have a hard time figuring out EJ's politics and that's interesting to me, but I want to be clear that this does not read to me like the shithead reactionaries meming against rights for people of color.  They've tainted the phrase "all lives matter" but it's still the actual meaning behind "black lives matter".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48470 on: May 25, 2022, 03:26:21 pm »

They seemed to care about the integrity and value of reporting as it relates to the War in Ukraine. But suddenly on US soil, everything is "lies and propaganda." A HRRRMMMM moment indeed.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48471 on: May 25, 2022, 03:28:40 pm »

He’s fallen victim to some form of propaganda because the Democrats are evil and control all the media to pour their lies into the ears and eyes of blinkered liberal scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48472 on: May 25, 2022, 03:31:13 pm »

I mean
You should definitely vote in progressives instead of establishment Democrats
A week or two ago
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48473 on: May 25, 2022, 03:48:16 pm »

Again, citation needed. What legislation have the Democrats brought forward that will ban handguns in the aftermath of this shooting?
So, I had originally said none. But I was wrong.
Two days later, a bill was proposed.
Congress.gov website

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48474 on: May 25, 2022, 03:50:00 pm »

What is your point? That it's only ok to create legislation against long guns? (Which I believe we already have at the Federal level.)

So if a child had been shot by a handgun, you'd be quiet? Do they have to be shot in Texas for it to be ok with you, or can we use any of the other NUMEROUS school shootings with handguns as the basis for legislation?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48475 on: May 25, 2022, 03:50:43 pm »

They seemed to care about the integrity and value of reporting as it relates to the War in Ukraine. But suddenly on US soil, everything is "lies and propaganda." A HRRRMMMM moment indeed.
FYI: I've reported this at a personal attack.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48476 on: May 25, 2022, 03:51:10 pm »

Good for you. I guess that beats having an actual point grounded in reality to make.

Maybe I should report that spicy little "liberal scum" you threw out. Then again, I'm not that petty.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:53:59 pm by nenjin »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48477 on: May 25, 2022, 04:06:03 pm »

Again, citation needed. What legislation have the Democrats brought forward that will ban handguns in the aftermath of this shooting?
Congress.gov website
This is not limited to handguns, if the word “firearm” in the title of the bill is anything to go by.

Equally so, the shooting occurred on the 24th, that bill was introduced on the 19th, as per both of those links and Cory Booker’s website. What’s this two days later nonsense about?

You asserted legislation was made to regulate handguns in the aftermath of the shooting. Do you still stand by the assertion?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 04:08:21 pm by hector13 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48478 on: May 25, 2022, 04:49:01 pm »

Congress.gov website
This is not limited to handguns, if the word “firearm” in the title of the bill is anything to go by.

Equally so, the shooting occurred on the 24th, that bill was introduced on the 19th, as per both of those links and Cory Booker’s website. What’s this two days later nonsense about?

You asserted legislation was made to regulate handguns in the aftermath of the shooting. Do you still stand by the assertion?
So, to clarify, I actually didn't know when this tragedy occurred.  I saw the purchase of the long arm on May 17th, and misread that as the day of the shooting.
My apologies for my ignorance on that point.

As for "my assertion", you seem to have misunderstood slightly what I was saying, although the error may be more mine for not speaking clearly.
I was more discussing future legislation (aka stuff that hasn't been proposed yet) in regards to this particular shooting, AND legislation that was proposed after other school shooting incidents.
But I was in error on even this, as the current effort seems to be to push through current bills rather than proposing new bills.
I hope that answers your question fully.

Good for you. I guess that beats having an actual point grounded in reality to make.

Maybe I should report that spicy little "liberal scum" you threw out. Then again, I'm not that petty.
Would you mind doing so? I feel bad having reported you. It was an impulsive response to someone actually caring what I said in one thread versus another.
In fact, I'm pretty sure I actually started it, so again my apologies.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48479 on: May 25, 2022, 04:54:35 pm »

No, I'm not going to report it. I stand by my opinions even when they're unpopular, even when people disagree with me. I'm willing to admit I can be wrong.

Now if you reduced yourself to just calling me names in a 2 word post, I'd report that. But this? Nah. This is discourse, as unpleasant as it can be. Let's not make it anymore unpleasant. I'll do my part to take some savagery out of my words if YOU'LL actually respond to people's posts and the questions put to you.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 04:57:17 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 3230 3231 [3232] 3233 3234 ... 3511