Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3307 3308 [3309] 3310 3311 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3534464 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #49620 on: September 17, 2022, 04:21:28 am »

It's not an exclusively american phenomenon. Die linke was still under obeservation, years and years after they weren't pds or sed anymore, litteral decades after the fall of the wall... AFD had to earn that priviledge, if they were half comptetent in hiding their brainrot, they probably still wouldn't be under observation.
let

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49621 on: September 17, 2022, 04:30:31 am »

I skimmed the KKK series and it just reinforces the idea that the government treats white supremacists with kid gloves... "After the KKK attempted to assassinate FBI members, the FBI arrested and fined KKK members for their respective murders and misdemeanors, and thus the KKK was weakened", "Moore knew what the KKK was like, and did stuff, and thus the KKK was weakened"... It's more like the FBI taking the best examples (which weren't very good examples) they had of them doing something to a KKK member, and a lot of talking about doing stuff to the KKK, but no actual actions and a lot of claiming that they did a lot.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49622 on: September 17, 2022, 04:32:17 am »

They don't want to alienate their voters too much.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49623 on: September 17, 2022, 08:08:31 am »

I mean, the US literally went to war with a country for 20 years to get back at far right extremists too
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49624 on: September 17, 2022, 12:45:43 pm »

... wait, when was that, again? I think you're talking about afghan/iraq, but, like. Those were kinda' the wrong countries, so the point doesn't quite sit right.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 02:36:05 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49625 on: September 17, 2022, 12:58:26 pm »

I mean, the US literally went to war with a country for 20 years to get back at far right extremists too
Hm, not really.
George W. Bush wanted to finish his Daddy's War in Iraq, so jumped on the excuse of eliminating Al Qaeda from Afghanistan to build up support for the War in Iraq.

The very second the War in Iraq started, Afghanistan went on the back burner.  And frankly, stayed there until we pulled out.

It's no wonder that the Middle East hates the US.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #49626 on: September 17, 2022, 01:01:22 pm »

Also they were the 'wrong kind' of right wing extremists for the USA (aka. not white and (supposedly) Christian).

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49627 on: September 17, 2022, 01:03:41 pm »

Taliban and Al Qaeda do count, technically. Islamic extremism does tend to lean right-wing, but for the 'murrican right-wing "different skin color" and "different religion" win out over "same political leaning" so that provides an explanation for why we managed to give a shit about right-wing extremism for once.

Then of course we STILL managed to also take a side trip into Iraq for reasons that basically amount to "Bush 2.0 wants to finish what daddy started" which is at least as much personal politics than partisan politics.

EDIT: Ninja'd more or less.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49628 on: September 18, 2022, 08:05:22 pm »

Alright, alright, I guess I just overreacted.
But if you ever feel like someone is bugging you, the block function does exist. If ever there happens to be another armok or something.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49629 on: September 18, 2022, 08:06:38 pm »

You are a strange cookie if you’re doing this on porpoise.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49630 on: September 18, 2022, 08:49:21 pm »

Florida Man can't remember which thread he's on.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49632 on: September 21, 2022, 02:46:25 am »

Republicans use gerrymandering way more and are poking at the idea of getting the supreme court to allow them to just ignore votes and send pro-Republican electors instead. Any regulations or observation will simply impede their ability to rig elections.

Mitch McConnell filibustered his own bill to death. Republicans voted to let veterans die to lack of healthcare while praising our troops. They voted against infrastructure and pandemic relief but were happy to claim that they brought them the money when the bills got passed anyway... Republican politicians simply don't have any moral standards. They have made countless hypocritical actions/statements because at the end of the day, the party has collected people who's opinions are "what would currently benefit the republican party". You can see them further distilling themselves down into a cult by removing Cheney from her duties for merely saying that Trump lost the election, while protecting MTG as she tries to rile people up about Jews destroying our country with space lasers.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49633 on: September 21, 2022, 12:49:07 pm »

From a British perspective, it certainly feels like the Republicans have become utterly unhinged, and for some reason rather than their supporters abandoning them, it's just made them unhinged too.

Or maybe it's the other way around?

Regardless, your idea of the political right seems to be absolutely bonkers now, and it's downright bizarre. It's like having a black man as president *actually* broke the brains of half the country.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #49634 on: September 21, 2022, 01:44:26 pm »

From a British perspective, it certainly feels like the Republicans have become utterly unhinged, and for some reason rather than their supporters abandoning them, it's just made them unhinged too.
Or maybe it's the other way around?
Regardless, your idea of the political right seems to be absolutely bonkers now, and it's downright bizarre. It's like having a black man as president *actually* broke the brains of half the country.

Make no mistake, all politicians exist purely for the purpose of clinging to power by any and all means necessary. Republicans currently find themselves in a position where clinging to power requires more overt methods of lying and cheating than normal. But if the tables were turned, the Left would be doing the same and worse.
Pages: 1 ... 3307 3308 [3309] 3310 3311 ... 3511