Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3376 3377 [3378] 3379 3380 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532890 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #50655 on: March 30, 2023, 04:35:34 pm »

They indicted him
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50656 on: March 30, 2023, 04:42:52 pm »

I evidently fear significant violence as a consequence of this.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50657 on: March 30, 2023, 04:52:07 pm »

His support isnt as strong as it was a year ago.  I've never been rabidly for or against him.  He's the biggest red flag for our political system, but just another symptom in the end; not the cause.

I dont think we will ever jail a former president.  But this is where precedents are set
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50658 on: March 30, 2023, 05:35:34 pm »

Yeah, they watched most every Jan 6 lackey get jailed and he did nothing for them.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50659 on: March 30, 2023, 05:39:46 pm »

Of course he did nothing for them it was a false flag attack!

… which is hopefully why they don’t protest this.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50660 on: March 30, 2023, 05:44:54 pm »

Keep in mind: this was literally the last case anybody who has been following his legal issues expected to go this far.

The legal theory involved is untested, and depends on proving he knew it was illegal and was done to influence his campaign, both are difficult to prove.

A grand jury isn't generally prone to willy-nilly tossing out indictments unless they think it has a strong chance of succeeding at trial, particularly with such a high profile douchebag as the orange cunt.

That they went forward with it suggests some of the recent witnesses/evidentiary hearings were bigger than most realized.

Nonetheless this remains the weakest case against him, he's also got the GA interference, oops-I-stole-those-documents, and the whole insurrection thing you may have heard about.

Now those more pressing cases are no longer up against the inertia against "the first indictment of a former president" and that is not a fun place to be if you're a sloppy orange turd.

Also: the Q Qucks Qlowns don't get to keep pretending the insurrection was antifa while visiting and lionizing those convicted, or playing video/music by the traitorous fucks at their rallies like the big orange shitrag did in Waco.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50661 on: March 30, 2023, 05:46:07 pm »

I dont think we will ever jail a former president.  But this is where precedents are set
The indictment itself is a precedent, if I'm not misremembering. There's two or three more major cases currently ongoing, iirc (document theft mess, georgia election interference, coup attempt) that may see similar action due to this happening.

It'll definitely be interesting (possibly in the curse sense) to see what happens next, though, that's for sure. Conviction would almost certainly be healthier for the country in the long run, but the short might get kinda' messy.

and ninja'd, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50662 on: March 30, 2023, 05:48:01 pm »

Give Dorito Benito a Justice Burrito! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50663 on: March 30, 2023, 06:08:43 pm »

Keep in mind: this was literally the last case anybody who has been following his legal issues expected to go this far.

The legal theory involved is untested, and depends on proving he knew it was illegal and was done to influence his campaign, both are difficult to prove.
Just noticed this, but I think this is at least partially untrue? Part of what's on the line in regards to the hush money is an airtight misdemeanor charge -- as in, "both trump and some of his legal crew has already confessed to it on record" level of airtight.

The iffier bit is whether it can or cannot be escalated into a felony, from what I understand, and if it is possible, the evidence and legal path for it isn't nearly as public facing and obvious. At a base level the man's absolutely, 100%, provably with publicly available information, guilty of crimes in relation to the hush money payment. The whole of that case might be untested, but part of it is ironclad; if there's not some kind of settlement/plea deal, there's pretty damn certain to be a criminal conviction, if maybe not a felony one.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 06:14:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #50664 on: March 30, 2023, 06:35:38 pm »

At a base level the man's absolutely, 100%, provably with publicly available information, guilty of crimes in relation to the hush money payment.
Didn't you hear him say that he's "the most innocent man in the history of the united states"?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50665 on: March 30, 2023, 06:46:04 pm »

I'm honestly surprised anything is happening.  I don't expect much to come of it, but I'm impressed anything is happening.  Even if he admitted it fully I don't expect more than a fine or whatever the equivalent level of punishment is for something like this.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50666 on: March 30, 2023, 07:06:06 pm »

Didn't you hear him say that he's "the most innocent man in the history of the united states"?
I mean, have you seen our legal code? Even if that was true, he'd still probably be guilty of enough things to tally up to a life sentence :V
Ask not!
Ask!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #50667 on: March 30, 2023, 07:16:13 pm »

What was the saying? 'You can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich'?
Anyway things might get spicy.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #50668 on: March 30, 2023, 09:28:29 pm »

There's no way to gurantee conviction, but the prosecuting attorneys and judges very much can insist on carrying the cases to trial. Even if everything ends in a mistrial, keeping him perpetually in court for the rest of his life is a very real possibility.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50669 on: March 30, 2023, 10:00:20 pm »

Just noticed this, but I think this is at least partially untrue? Part of what's on the line in regards to the hush money is an airtight misdemeanor charge -- as in, "both trump and some of his legal crew has already confessed to it on record" level of airtight.

The iffier bit is whether it can or cannot be escalated into a felony, from what I understand, and if it is possible, the evidence and legal path for it isn't nearly as public facing and obvious. At a base level the man's absolutely, 100%, provably with publicly available information, guilty of crimes in relation to the hush money payment. The whole of that case might be untested, but part of it is ironclad; if there's not some kind of settlement/plea deal, there's pretty damn certain to be a criminal conviction, if maybe not a felony one.
Yeah, bumping it to a felony is untested I mean, and that was before I noticed rumors about it being ~34 counts.

That is A LOT more than hush money+bumping it to a felony.

Like I'm wondering what the other witnesses revealed and if they included the attempts to intimidate the NYAG?
Pages: 1 ... 3376 3377 [3378] 3379 3380 ... 3511