Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SG] The Hundred Emperors - Galactic badassery and political shenanigans.  (Read 870 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

It's the year 4003, 3 years after the foundation of The Hundred Emperors - the ultimate galactic project meant to upkeep balance, peace and justice across the Milky Way.
The galaxy's finest soldiers, researchers, psychics, mages, AIs, deities, mutants, cyborgs and space adventurers all make up this most elite circle of peacekeepers, and the barrier to entry is extremely high. And yet, you somehow made it in, be it through openly defeating another Emperor, silently assassinating them, or just stealing a vacant slot at the right time after someone else tragically died or went missing without your involvement.

Whatever the case, you find yourself confused by the interior of this spaceship as you wake up...or resume out of suspend mode, as it just might happen to be. You don't recall this being where you went to sleep last time. It's quite pretty in here however, with smooth, white polygonal surfaces with cobalt blue details and only an occasional cable or pipe sticking out of the wall, and holoscreens everywhere. Must be one of those next-gen designer ships that cost an arm and a leg without actually being that much more functional than your average shuttle...

Either way, your observation of this room is interrupted as the only door to the room slides open and a floatdrone enters, quickly hovering in your direction. It looks harmless, and after what seems to be scanning you with its wide open, orange eye in the front, it begins to speak to you, in a cheerful female voice.

"Welcome on board of your new spaceship, Perun Slimship N1, the most polished and efficient personal spaceship by Perun yet! I am Vila, and I help you control and maintain your Slimship so that you can explore and travel through space more easily and more quickly! Please, introduce yourself to me!"

Still slightly confused by your current situation, it seems sensible to give Vila an answer - who are you, where do you come from, and what powers do you posses?

Spoiler: Tips (click to show/hide)

Post your suggestions, or vote for others' pitches (reply to a post of your choice with a +1).
After enough time, the most popular suggestion will be picked and the story shall move forward, however I reserve the right to adjust things as I see fit (I hope I won't have to do that too much, but just keep that in mind).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:32:04 am by Maks »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

This seems pretty cool. PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

As you keep looking at the drone with much hesitation to answer its question, it replies back.

"Okay, I see you are not very talkative. That's fine, you can introduce yourself to me at any time.

On an unrelated note, somebody has left you a message. It's encrypted, and it will take me a short while to decrypt it for you, but that is not a problem.
Also, you slept for quite a while. Enough for some interesting things to have happened in the meantime. You might want to check the news. Hermes is a pretty reliable outlet, so I fetched some of their newest articles.
"

One of the nearby holoscreens is suddenly filled with text. As you move closer to read it, a couple headlines in particular spark your interest. Which article in particular do you want to read first?

(This is basically a very over-the-top attempt at a bump, as much as I hate to do it so early in..)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:32:54 am by Maks »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Hundred Emperors - Galactic badassery and political shenanigans.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:32:45 am »

Edit: Ah forget it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:53:29 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.