Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

GROS-MT3 sounds like which type of techno DJ?

Trance
- 2 (40%)
Lots of vocals/melody
- 1 (20%)
Intense/Fast paced
- 1 (20%)
Heavy Base/Hard
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13  (Read 19337 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: rnm
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2017, 09:04:29 pm »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:40:51 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2017, 12:22:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

is this good
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2017, 02:26:28 am »

The safe answer sl4cker, is that balance will likely change between now and the next match.

There is one issue but I wont point it out bc its a rule I'm contemplating on revising.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:31:45 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2017, 06:11:05 am »

well if there's anything that you want me to change let me know :P
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Redneck Mechs (illustrated custom arena) Turn 5
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2017, 11:13:54 am »

REDNECK
        MECHS
THE CARD GAME

(just a reminder: you are free to discard cards before playing one.)

OceanSoul's Deck

heydude's Deck

RAM's Deck

Turn 5

Verticlaw launches two more hooks at GROS! The first one misses and the second one is blocked by an energy field... and absorbed. GROS breaks free of the hook from earlier, just as Jackhammer closes in!

Quote from: System Status Overview

Verticlaw

[A1]
[CP]
     ||
=[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Front Side Exposed

Has a gun surrounded by an oval shield mounted on its left(and only) arm. The legs harbor a propulsion system and the body is adorned with a "hat" shaped component.

Jackhammer

[CP]
[RA]=||=[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Front Side Exposed

Has a railcannon slung on the right arm. A thick body with thin legs, a sleak and highly posable humanoid design.

GROS

[CP]
||
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Front Side Exposed

Has various electronics equipment mounted on it's bulky cockpit with no visible "practical" weapons.

•MAX     
•DAMAGED 
•CRITICAL*
•DESTROYED
*50% armor

OOC: I'd like to incorporate an announcer in this game, it's always made arena games I hosted fun in the past. I encourage lurkers to apply.

I'm not going to keep track of which body part a copy of your card came from if it comes from multiple. It's just going to fire from whatever the most prominent part is. Or what is still intact if that's out. I could keep track but it's just not really worth it for any good reason.

I've decided each session(cross fingers for a second) will have special build requirements. So mechs should be designed in the short break between matches. I believe this will be the most challenging and interesting for spectators, so it's the way I've decided to run the game.

(I will probably make a new thread then, and only mechlab posts will be allowed(to get them all on the front page) and this will serve as ooc mechpilot bar until next match's start)
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2017, 11:45:39 am »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2017, 12:00:03 pm »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2017, 03:24:19 pm »

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2017, 05:13:44 pm »

(What do you guys think of the art style? Getting better?)
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2017, 05:47:50 pm »

It's great. Sorta like a comic book, and the separated pictures allow them to display different perspectives of the same situation, as well as different points in time.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2017, 06:03:14 pm »

It's so good to hear you say that. I have this strange phobia that when people don't even talk about the art that it's not displaying properly(or sux).

Probably because I was a really impressive artist as a kid but here standards in a place like this it's not quite as exceptional.
Awesome With Autism

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2017, 08:25:05 pm »

Art seems good to me. You have to be careful with art. It is more about getting the right art for the circumstance than getting the details right. Order of the Stick, for example, has, well, it is good at what it does, but is not exactly photo-realistic, but it really works because it is meant to tell a story and it conveys a story really well. On the other hand, I recall a forum game where everyone contributed their own art to a single image to form a composite. It was all odds and ends from Paint and such, but it worked. Then someone came along and said that their art was too good and it would kill the game, and they were right, they completely redid the whole thing from scratch with shading and textures and such, but they killed the game not because it was too good, but because they removed some of the previous contributions, redid the thing from a perspective that was difficult to expand from, and basically completely failed to grasp the premise of the game. Their art was "better" by appearance, but far far worse in terms of appropriateness, so they failed miserably as an artist...

Your comic gets the message across, not perfectly, there are a couple of things that I need to refer to the text for, where did the claws come from, whose foot is that... but basically it is good at doing what it is meant to, which is what is important. Also, I keep thinking that the railgun is actually protruding from the back of a leg and that Jackhammer is about to fall over in the final panel, but I can't figure out why.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2017, 08:30:36 pm »

Thats a good point: the art and description are both a piece... so perhaps I should try combining them.
Awesome With Autism

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2017, 08:41:57 pm »

Well, you could, but I think that there is already a webcomic about redneck mechs... Does this qualify?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:46:43 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2017, 08:52:24 pm »

Great find!
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17