Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

GROS-MT3 sounds like which type of techno DJ?

Trance
- 2 (40%)
Lots of vocals/melody
- 1 (20%)
Intense/Fast paced
- 1 (20%)
Heavy Base/Hard
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13  (Read 19056 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Mech Deck
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2017, 11:35:03 pm »

I may not understand everything correctly I'm going to go ahead and work with what I think you mean...?

So let's imagine how much you can put into your codpiece. 12 cards. That is a lot. But your legs will be destroyed upon any successful hit and that will have an impact in the game.

(I like your suggestion heydude for no weapons for the legs though I don't want to do it exactly like that, because rule of cool)

Maybe number of legs has to do with your maximum hand size, I think I like that.

But just to be clear in case this point was missed by RAM, which I don't think so because his deck didn't break this rule but because of how he worded what he said I have to remind him that you have to put all four cards of one of your card types into any new limb you add.

This adds a tactical element where those can be removed.

This weakness is balanced by you gaining another limb which is another hit box. Since a cockpit attack will hit one of your random pieces that is in an important trade off.

But again maybe I do not understand you correctly.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2017, 11:44:41 pm »

Quick question but how is the health of parts determined?

EDIT: sorry missed it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:50:03 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2017, 11:45:38 pm »

I made a post about it.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2017, 11:50:05 pm »

Simply classifying things as 'arms' or 'legs' is too specific. What about tank treads? Magnetically levitating fists? Snake tail? Etc. What I'm trying to say is to classify them differently. Legs, and other things that help the Decka stay upright can be 'stabilizers', making the mech harder to knock down, while things that apply the weapons of the mech are called 'weapon arrays', allowing for the use of attached weapons. Stabilizers hold few cards, but gain more health per card: Weapon arrays hold many cards, but are easier to take out, making them highly preferred targets. Lastly, the cockpit, the core, the heart of the Decka, can function as either, or both to a lesser degree.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2017, 11:51:05 pm »

You're not allowed to be awake shush!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Mech Card Battle
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2017, 12:42:02 am »

I'm ready.

Also, have you considered alternate names for the ranks of Special cards? I can see Standard, Uncommon, Quality, Unique, and Unrestrained. The "dumbass" rank would instead be "Economical".

I do like "Unrestrained". Has a ring to it.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:20 am »

Current OP Archive for today

Lets play Mech Card Battle Deck! What is Mech Card Battle Deck? SHUT UP I'll tell you honey.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You will design 5 special attacks.

I will rate its power to be basic, kickass, badass, whoopass, or jackass. Edit: surprisingly, people made cards weaker than basic so I needed to add a dumbass category!

If it is basic, you will get 4 copies in your deck. If it is higher you will get less, and you will get one of my basic cards to fill in the gaps(each set of four of my basic cards is weaker than the last). If you get the jackass rating on one of your cards, I will replace a number of my basic cards with even worse ones, depending on what it does. In extreme cases they will be cards designed to make it fail if you draw them first.
If you have cards BELOW basic(aka "dumbass" rank), I'll give you better basic cards to fill in other gaps.

Your final deck will have 20 cards. A mech must have a cockpit and two legs. You may add more arms, legs, heads ect, each trading away a special card and getting four of my basic cards to your deck. You will divide your 20 cards into your body parts. If that part is destroyed you lose those cards.
Edit: Only the legs and cockpit can hold mixed cards. And you must put a card(all of it actually) into an extra part! So if you want to add an arm you have to dedicate a card for it, for example.

This game is just going to use spoilers for secret info, such as where your cards are hidden, or which card you draw.

You can have 3 cards in your hand, aka ready. To get the ball rolling here is an example of a basic card:

Basic

Quote from: Trusty Rifle
1 hit
2 pow
+1 hit if you didn't do a melee attack last turn.

Hit is accuracy. Pow is attack force.

You can do a body tackle on your turn, but that will damage you aswell.

Here's my top 3 sets of backup basic cards to fill in yours. You will get them starting from the top.

Card Sheet(spoiler)

Rules
1) Please do not view other's spoilers.
2) Keep things simple. I guess what I don't understand. DO NOT COMPLAIN MID-BATTLE I DON'T GIVE A DAMN.
3) add a version number OUTSIDE of your spoiler so I know when you've made edits:
1.0.X very minor changes
1.X.0 noteworthy changes(maybe add a note at top of spoiler)
X.0.0 extensive change or reset to 1 for new mech
Change it if you last published your mech more than an hour ago. Add more digits if necessary.
4) Winning will allow you another mechbay. Your old one is retired, but you can keep it for display. Anyone may view spoilers marked "retired".
5) Unless you have cards to help you play more cards in a turn, drawing extra cards is pointless. You play one card and you draw one card each turn.
Also nothing will allow you to draw if you have three cards in your hand.
6) You always "aim" for the cockpit unless you say otherwise. A cockpit shot has an equal chance of hitting another part. A part shot will hit that part if successful.
7) As a rule I will not "debuff" your cards. I will only make them less annoying for me to use in the game.
8) My basics will tend to go in your least armored parts of the card it is filling.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2017, 01:03:38 am »

Ah, okay, so cockpit destruction eliminates the robot and the cockpit cannot be directly targeted? That makes things better! I did not realise that cockpit destruction was fatal.

I used pow because damage has not been used officially that I know of, and pow + previous pow was used to describe damage... But more specifically, I believe that pow is generally much more valuable than hit. Assuming no other factors, the following weapons should have the same mean damage:
hit 4 pow 1
hit -3.5(mean) pow 2
hit -6 pow 3
hit -7.25(mean) pow 4
hit -8 pow 5

So the recycled rocket is much more powerful than the old gattling. Of course, high hit values are more reliable, with the -8 hit pow 5 attack doing its 15 damage on 3 out of 20 hits and dong nothing on the other 17 attacks, while the 4 hit 5 pow weapon with the same 15 damage over 20 attacks hits very frequently and is much better if doing a little bit of damage is very important. But still, a 12 point shift in hit equalling a 4 point pow shift in mean damage is sort of huge.

For reference, the equation I am using is:
(11 + hit) x pow = damage
hit = damage / pow - 11
And it doesn't work if hit is greater than 9 or lower than negative 11. Also, things get a bit unreliable of you start factoring in external modifiers.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2017, 01:08:03 am »

I think that is going to be a key to victory.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2017, 05:47:54 am »

You know, this is the first time anyone sigged something I said. Feels good.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:06:43 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2017, 06:26:11 am »

Let's do a three-way free-for-all shall we?

This will be an anonymous battle so you won't know who is which mech. You will post which card to play in a spoiler. You may also discard as many cards as you wish. And you may do a tackle attack(or pass) instead of playing a card. That's pretty much it.  Look at your hand and shoes what to do next.

heh, shoes

OceanSoul's Deck

heydude's Deck

RAM's Deck

Please take on the responsibility to stay anonymous. (Ocean, buddy, I'm looking atchya)

Three mechs come into detection range of one another at the same time. They recognize the other two as targets that must be eliminated. Only one will remain...

Small edit
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:10:44 am by roseheart »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2017, 07:03:45 am »

Huh. This doesn't contain my most recent deck. Guess I forgot to tell you.

I'll use my [ERROR]..card.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:14:09 pm by OceanSoul »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2017, 07:21:05 am »

Spoiler: My turn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:32:59 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2017, 08:38:36 am »

Use card [-captor Sakura] and [cast Monster Reborn]
Are you SURE you want to do this?

Spoiler: Because.. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:15:34 pm by OceanSoul »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2017, 12:55:27 pm »

You will post which card to play in a spoiler

Ocean, buddy, I'm looking atchya

I'll use my [REDACTED]...Card.

Use card [REDACTED] and target the cockpit of a random mech that isn't me!

Excuse me, I need to rip some firewood in half with my bare hands for a few hours...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17