Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

GROS-MT3 sounds like which type of techno DJ?

Trance
- 2 (40%)
Lots of vocals/melody
- 1 (20%)
Intense/Fast paced
- 1 (20%)
Heavy Base/Hard
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13  (Read 19296 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Mech Card Battle
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 03:52:44 pm »

...I just added SO MUCH flavor text for my Mecha. This game's probably going to be short, and this'll be extra useless, but I felt that it has a lot of potential, and after I thought it all up, I just COULDN'T not write it down.

Y'know, I feel like the title could be better. I've almost read it as 'meh card battle' before. Not sure what a new title could be. Maybe something to do with Decka- a combination of Deck and Mecha. Decka War? Decka Force? Decka Strike? That's it. Decka Strike- Giant Robot Card Fight. What do you think?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 04:29:24 pm »

meh card battle

That IS ALMOST a better title.
blossom

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 04:36:27 pm »

How much time do people need to get ready?(2 ready?)

(I will still need time to complete your deck before the fight.)
blossom

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 05:03:34 pm »

I'm ready.

Also, have you considered alternate names for the ranks of Special cards? I can see Standard, Uncommon, Quality, Unique, and Unrestrained. The "dumbass" rank would instead be "Economical".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 05:17:24 pm »

I'm ready too. Quick question but what body parts will your basic cards be assigned to?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 05:20:26 pm »

If I'm right, basic cards will take up slots that the Special cards would've taken up if they were Basic rank or lower. If you have a Kickass special for B one of the B slots will instead have a basic weapon.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 06:08:54 pm »

I'm ready too. Quick question but what body parts will your basic cards be assigned to?

You already decided that... think about it.

Edit: Ok new modifications from right now will be ignore. Hold onto your butts.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:10:56 pm by roseheart »
blossom

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 06:18:07 pm »

I just updated to the new rules...

So, RAM, what's your deck's strategy? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.
I use my pretty princess powers to light up the sky and then I win cuz I say so!
And, and... You're not allowed to hit me, that would be mean!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:20:29 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 06:34:29 pm »

Looking at the new rules, seems that a mech can only win once before being retired. Roseheart, if enough players get retired mechs, can we have some sort of reunion match? Only retired mechas, for an epic battle?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 06:35:15 pm »

Yeah.
blossom

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 06:55:41 pm »

Unless you have cards to help you play more cards in a turn, drawing extra cards is pointless. You play one card and you draw one card each turn.

Also nothing will allow you to draw if you have three cards in your hand.

Since I'm preparing for the match. Go ahead and make a post if you have changes relating to this.

Edit: though admittedly it could be a counter tactic for cards that make you discard cards. So it has atleast that use I suppose.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:01:39 pm by roseheart »
blossom

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 07:06:16 pm »

Rose, wouldn't that mean that someone's trying to draw cards for a special? I wonder who.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:45 pm »

Well, I updated just recently, but it is not as though I have that many discard effects, it is mostly deck milling...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 07:19:07 pm »

What's deck milling?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 07:26:51 pm »

According to this link, milling comes in two forms. The first form is making your opponent draw a card when his hand is full, therefore forcing him to discard that card according to the rules of the specific game. The second form and the one that's likely to be in effect this game, is forcing your opponent to draw all of their cards causing them to suffer greatly depending on the rules of the game (in hearthstone for example, you take damage each time you're supposed to normally draw a card) . Hopefully milling is something that is actually possible in this game cause the GM might just forbid cards that force you to draw when you have a full hand.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17