Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

GROS-MT3 sounds like which type of techno DJ?

Trance
- 2 (40%)
Lots of vocals/melody
- 1 (20%)
Intense/Fast paced
- 1 (20%)
Heavy Base/Hard
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13  (Read 19040 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mech Deck Battle
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2017, 10:11:39 pm »

I'm still awake, I'd like to see my deck.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2017, 10:13:10 pm »

Only showing decks to pilots that are going to fight. Right as they're doing it.

I'm working on you and RAM right now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:15:52 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Mech Card Battle
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:34 pm »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Mech Deck
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2017, 10:18:24 pm »

If you look at my posting stats I only consistently surrender to sleep for about a three-hour period.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2017, 10:18:47 pm »

Only showing decks to pilots that are going to fight. Right as they're doing it.

I'm working on you and RAM right now.

Ok, that makes sense
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2017, 10:20:56 pm »

If you look at my posting stats I only consistently surrender to sleep for about a three-hour period.

And you(OS) seem to get very active at 7 o'clock and then disappear.

(Pacific Standard Time 7 o'clock)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:22:37 pm by roseheart »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2017, 10:28:15 pm »

AM or PM?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2017, 10:33:49 pm »

PM

Isn't this interesting?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2017, 10:35:23 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=117974

It's like building up to a giant cliff. I bet you have really fun dreams.

The other part of your curve must be somewhere.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2017, 10:40:30 pm »

Eh, my dreams have been OK recently. They might be better tonight, though. I'll go check.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2017, 10:41:27 pm »

Permission to sig?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:23 pm »

I can only really be relied upon to check once per day, but sometimes I loiter forever... It is best to announce plans 24 hours in advance to account for a daily cycle...

If one rolls every value between 1 and 20 then an attack of 4 hit 1 pow results in 15 pow. An attack of 1 hit and 4 pow would result in 48 pow. An attack of -5 git and 10 pow would produce 60 effective pow...

High pow has a problem with overkill, any excess pow will be wasted, but given that bonus parts always have 4 cards, 4 pow is really strong and less inly much good for dealing with specials. Also, bonus parts, owing to the fixed card numbers making them predictable, and the way that it weakens your most versatile parts, seem kind of pointless. They only really help by discouraging the existence of 8 pow 3-hit-win cards... I like them for thematic reasons, but I can't help but think that it would be better to put one card each in each leg and dump the rest into your enormous codpiece.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2017, 10:50:03 pm »

Permission to sig?
Permission GranZZzZZZZZzzZzzz..

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2017, 10:57:10 pm »

Pow is just whats on the card.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2017, 11:24:41 pm »

Also, bonus parts, owing to the fixed card numbers making them predictable, and the way that it weakens your most versatile parts, seem kind of pointless. They only really help by discouraging the existence of 8 pow 3-hit-win cards... I like them for thematic reasons, but I can't help but think that it would be better to put one card each in each leg and dump the rest into your enormous codpiece.

I think one way to fix that is to make it so each part can only store a maximum of ____ special cards (and possibly make it so legs can't store weapons). That way, unless you only want to have 3 special cards, you'll have to purchase additional limbs.

Still, it might not be that big of a deal. The main balancing factor at the moment is the fact that shots in the cockpit  are not guaranteed to hit the cockpit but are likely going to hit a different part instead. With a build that has no arms, the cockpit will have to take most of that damage (though the legs will block some of it). And so the choice becomes this, do you want to keep all of your weapons for the duration of the entire fight, but live for a shorter amount of time; or do you want to live longer,  but slowly lose the ability to use certain cards?

Ill be honest, I actually think that "octopus" builds might actually end up being OP with the current system, but only time will tell.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:26:30 pm by heydude6 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17