Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

GROS-MT3 sounds like which type of techno DJ?

Trance
- 2 (40%)
Lots of vocals/melody
- 1 (20%)
Intense/Fast paced
- 1 (20%)
Heavy Base/Hard
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13  (Read 19039 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Mech Card Battle
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2017, 04:58:20 pm »

How about Deckoid Strike? Not sure why -oid would fit the setting..

Maybe the robots would be smaller than the giant size one would expect, maybe 7 feet or so? It would make a competitive league easier, as less materials would be needed, and arenas could be smaller.

..Not sure why I got that from -oid, though.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2017, 05:39:01 pm »

Wow just watched 'a bit' of a short video on Mech Deck. I want it! (video)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:40:42 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2017, 05:46:48 pm »

Seems decently interesting.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »

Quote from: OOC
Are you SURE you want to do this?
Because.. ..there's a 1 in 3 chance that you'll target your own mech.
That is incorrect.
Why would I ever do that?
(maybe it was a joke but heydude thought it was real and changed his action.)

Turn order has been randomized. (Attacks resolve simultaniously. This really only applies to the flavor text.)

Just want to point out that how many cards are in a part determines how many initial armor points it has. Using cards does not deplete armor! Thought that might help to clarify.

Huh. This doesn't contain my most recent deck. Guess I forgot to tell you.
Edit: Ok new modifications from right now will be ignore. Hold onto your butts.

OceanSoul's Deck
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude's Deck

RAM's Deck

Turn 1

The mech with the arm railgun is Jackhammer. The pilot positions to fire on GROS, the mech with no arms and a satalite dish like attachment. The shot goes wide as GROS pulls ahead and locks on to the one armed mech with something like a hat shaped part on it. This is Verticlaw who also evades to then turn and fire on the first, Jackhammer. Gatling fire rattles Jackhammer's left arm.

Verticlaw
[A1]
[CP]
     ||-[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Jackhammer
[CP]
[RA]-||-[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

GROS
[CP]
||
||  ||
[RL][LL]

•MAX     
•DAMAGED 
•CRITICAL*
•DESTROYED
*50% armor

No more problems, right Ocean?

*plays with a little wooden BAN-HAMMER*

(Keep which mech you are a secret...)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:10:55 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2017, 09:02:46 pm »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2017, 09:08:23 pm »

Actually, no.

Here's this turn's actions;

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2017, 09:41:17 pm »

Re: Ocean's deck modification question for his cameras only.

A little bit about post publish deck modifications. I will not alter stats or things like that of course.
Really the only time I'm going to do that(see rule #2) is if a card has been left vague in some way and a decision needs to be made anyway. In these neutral situations I don't mind going with what you want.

That's it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:45:35 pm by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2017, 09:48:27 pm »

Keep in mind Ocean, your next mech must be totally different to be registered. Look ahead not backwards.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2017, 09:58:54 pm »

Of course there'd be a Ninja-bot.
I have a bunch of ideas for future mechs, so I'm sorta glad that I can use a new mech next time, win or lose.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:13 pm »

While I'd like you to take your turns in the thread we may continue this conversation in PM.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:14:40 pm by roseheart »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2017, 10:16:57 pm »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2017, 10:50:26 pm »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 12:07:34 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2017, 10:51:49 pm »

RAM you found a typo. You shouldn't have that.

fixed
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:02:06 pm by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2017, 11:13:30 pm »

If you want to update your turn I can go ahead and process turn two.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2017, 12:07:45 am »

Edited
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17