Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

GROS-MT3 sounds like which type of techno DJ?

Trance
- 2 (40%)
Lots of vocals/melody
- 1 (20%)
Intense/Fast paced
- 1 (20%)
Heavy Base/Hard
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13  (Read 19046 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Mech Card Battle
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2017, 02:48:58 am »

Posted 2 soon
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Redneck Mechs
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2017, 03:37:25 am »

I... cannot deny that my current mech is a redneck. : (
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2017, 03:42:53 am »

I swear the name is commentary on the game not the current roster ;)
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2017, 04:39:47 am »

OceanSoul's Deck
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude's Deck

RAM's Deck

Turn 2

Jackhammer feeling pressured begins a defensive spin with his arms. Verticlaw turns to GROS and slams it with a kick. GROS emits a red glow and a force resists the impact. Verticlaw releases concealed blades in it's legs and penatrates through the field raking GROS along its' left leg.

Quote from: System Status Overview

Verticlaw

[A1]
[CP]
     ||=[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Has a gun surrounded by an oval shield mounted on its left(and only) arm. The legs harbor a propulsion system and the body is adorned with a "hat" shaped component.

Jackhammer

[CP]
[RA]=||=[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Has a railcannon slung on the right arm. A thick body with thin legs, a sleak and highly posable humanoid design.

GROS

[CP]
||
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Has various electronics equipment mounted on it's bulky cockpit with no visible "practical" weapons.

•MAX     
•DAMAGED 
•CRITICAL*
•DESTROYED
*50% armor

I will mark edits to OP in blue that will apply to the game after this.

OOC: as I run into snarls with the wording on your cards I may further change them. The one you want a copy in retired is the one at the end of the game or when you are destroyed. I will released a final copy that will have your cards back up to 20.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2017, 06:08:37 am »

Redneck? Why redneck? I can't see a single redneck thing about this!

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2017, 07:46:07 am »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2017, 09:40:00 am »

Redneck? Why redneck? I can't see a single redneck thing about this!

Really? I was pretty proud of it. Did you not read the story?

These are not well designed mechs. They do random things and are piloted by morons. At least that's what I imagine you don't need to imagine it the same way at all.

In your mind they can be those seven-foot-tall mechs you talked about or the super fighting robot mechas. I don't give a damn.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2017, 10:33:13 am »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:12:03 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2017, 07:14:45 pm »

OceanSoul's Deck

heydude's Deck

RAM's Deck

Turn 3

Both Jackhammer and GROS turn to focus on Verticlaw, who seems to to be billowing smoke from it's cockpit. Jackhammer releases a parade of gatling fire on Verticlaw who blocks and takes the hit to his arm toppling on to the ground. It leans up as small lights of all sorts of colors flicker on and off on it's hat. A blue wave of light emits from GROS and washes over Verticlaw.

Verticlaw

[A1]
[CP]
     ||
=[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Has a gun surrounded by an oval shield mounted on its left(and only) arm. The legs harbor a propulsion system and the body is adorned with a "hat" shaped component.

Jackhammer

[CP]
[RA]=||=[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Has a railcannon slung on the right arm. A thick body with thin legs, a sleak and highly posable humanoid design.

GROS

[CP]
||
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Has various electronics equipment mounted on it's bulky cockpit with no visible "practical" weapons.

•MAX     
•DAMAGED 
•CRITICAL*
•DESTROYED
*50% armor

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Redneck Mechs -=- Turn 3
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2017, 07:27:19 pm »

RAM
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:45:35 pm by roseheart »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2017, 07:32:35 pm »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2017, 07:39:10 pm »

P.S.
Spoiler: I demand a recount!! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: =too lazy to justify (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:30:12 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2017, 07:50:08 pm »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2017, 07:55:42 pm »

OceanSoul

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Redneck Mechs -=- Turn 4
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2017, 01:06:39 am »

OceanSoul's Deck

heydude's Deck

RAM's Deck

Turn 4

GROS focuses in on the downed mech. His satalite dish extends. Jackhammer lets lose another gatling volley, but Verticlaw gets back up just in time and moves out of GROS's focus too. Verticlaw pivots and fires a teathered claw that pounds into GROS's left leg as it latches on.

Verticlaw

[A1]
[CP]
     ||
=[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Front Side Exposed

Jackhammer

[CP]
[RA]=||=[LA]
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Front Side Exposed

GROS

[CP]
||
||  ||
[RL][LL]

Front Side Exposed

•MAX     
•DAMAGED 
•CRITICAL*
•DESTROYED
*50% armor

OOC: you may now 'expose left' or 'expose right'. This will affect the hit chance on it and the opposite side by +1 or -1, and will make shots aimed at the cockpit not hit the away side by random. Not choosing returns you to front which keeps things default. This will only take effect on the next turn and wont affect the cards played against you on the current round.

The winner will be allowed to reuse/update their current mech design if they want.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17