Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

GROS-MT3 sounds like which type of techno DJ?

Trance
- 2 (40%)
Lots of vocals/melody
- 1 (20%)
Intense/Fast paced
- 1 (20%)
Heavy Base/Hard
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13  (Read 19060 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Titans of War P13
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2017, 05:40:12 pm »

Original OP

Lets play Mech Card Battle! What is Mech Card Battle? SHUT UP I'll tell you honey.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You will design 5 special attacks.

I will rate its power to be basic, kickass, badass, whoopass, or jackass. Edit: surprisingly, people made cards weaker than basic so I needed to add a dumbass category!

If it is basic, you will get 4 copies in your deck. If it is higher you will get less, and you will get one of my basic cards to fill in the gaps(each set of four of my basic cards is weaker than the last). If you get the jackass rating on one of your cards, I will replace a number of my basic cards with even worse ones, depending on what it does. In extreme cases they will be cards designed to make it fail if you draw them first.
If you have cards BELOW basic(aka "dumbass" rank), I'll give you better basic cards to fill in other gaps.("sweetass") At the start of the match I will allow you to swap out a number of your dumbass cards for sweetass cards if you wish, up to it it's "dumbass rank". You do not need to swap any if you do not want to.

Your final deck will have 20 cards. A mech must have a cockpit and two legs. You may add more arms, legs, heads ect, each trading away a special card and getting four of my basic cards to your deck.
You will divide your 20 cards into your body parts. If that part is destroyed you lose those cards.
Edit: Only the legs and cockpit can hold mixed cards(except my filler cards, which go where you assigned the originals, regardless of part).
And you must put a card(all of it actually) into an extra part! So if you want to add an arm you have to dedicate a card for it, for example.
Edit: You must put atleast 1 of a card in an extra part, and if it is destroyed so are all copies of that card. One less copy will be made a filler.

This game is just going to use spoilers for secret info, such as where your cards are hidden, or which card you draw.

You can have 3 cards in your hand, aka ready. To get the ball rolling here is an example of a basic card:

Basic

Quote from: Trusty Rifle
1 hit
2 pow
+1 hit if you didn't do a melee attack last turn.

Hit is accuracy. Pow is attack force.

You can do a body tackle on your turn, but that will damage you aswell.

Here's my top 3 4 sets of backup basic cards to fill in yours. You will get them starting from the top.

lameass cards (the fillers)

sweetass cards (dumbass swaps)

Vanilla rating extremes examples

Card Sheet(spoiler)

RULES

New Game+

Waitlist:
Sl4cker

/!\ Now looking for an announcer.
I'd like to incorporate an announcer in this game, it's always made arena games I hosted fun in the past. I encourage lurkers to apply.

Rapid Turns
Several Players per Battle

Other Games by roseheart
Forum Runner: Bay 12 Forum Games and RP Championship | Dungeon Program: Ironic game ppl like despite it's pureness of evil
You can help warn innocent bystanders about this calamity at Top Forum Games. Spread the word!
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2017, 07:07:07 pm »

I designed my second yonks ago, it is listed under "being assembled" in my first post. It is pretty terrible in a lot of ways, but meh, no beating classic style.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2017, 07:17:09 pm »

I could do another mech. I already came up with my second one quite a while ago, but I may have some trouble remembering it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2017, 07:34:24 pm »

I was thinking a second game would be 2 v 2. Bit I haven't looked into the feasibility of it.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2017, 08:10:05 pm »

Added my new Mecha (or as I prefer, Decka) to my original post here (near top of first page).
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2017, 08:28:29 pm »

Oh, as for camo...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2017, 09:23:22 am »

Have you seen my build yet?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2017, 11:15:38 am »

Spoiler: for Rose (click to show/hide)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2017, 11:19:10 am »

^No. And the reason being is because the theme of the game is really that these are kind of random Mechs and it's not like turns are happening so fast that we need anything that's going to delayed even further.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 20, 2017, 11:21:45 am »

Oh well. It was worth a shot.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2017, 11:22:51 am »

Indeed it was.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2017, 04:31:13 pm »

For those that PTW, here is the next one.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]