Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vampire lairs or castles or etc...  (Read 2491 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire lairs or castles or etc...
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 06:08:49 am »

This whole idea reminds me of Innistrad from Magic: The Gathering, myself, which gives me an expansion idea; Various vampire and werewolf broods, packs, and the like who frequently in-fight with each other over the human population! What say you all? Good? Bad? Somewhere in between?
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 10:30:29 pm »

I think the game could also take out purges if there is a certain percentage of vampires in a town before a certain time. It would be scary to come across a town of just vampires who have almost run out of food, and they all see you, and come chasing after you, because lunch has just showed up. I also wish the game would make vampires nocturunal only, and can get harmed or even killed in the sun.

This could give the interesting effect of a town where all the populous is in houses, and when you stay at the town for the night. The host tries to eat you. I don't know, just a bunch of random ideas for this.
To the beer!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 05:42:34 am »

I think the game could also take out purges if there is a certain percentage of vampires in a town before a certain time. It would be scary to come across a town of just vampires who have almost run out of food, and they all see you, and come chasing after you, because lunch has just showed up. I also wish the game would make vampires nocturunal only, and can get harmed or even killed in the sun.

This could give the interesting effect of a town where all the populous is in houses, and when you stay at the town for the night. The host tries to eat you. I don't know, just a bunch of random ideas for this.

Doesn't even require to be really specific interaction to say 'this vampire should fizzle in sunlight'. I do like the idea of vampires being eventually emancipated over time because of a lack of drinking-blood even if they can't die of it. (Just become really crusty and gaunt)

A easy solution is to give vampires or vampirism a associated magical sphere of [DARKNESS/NIGHT] in contrast to the effects of [DAY] sphere to make them fizz or otherwise die when exposed to that sphere, either by stepping outside in the daytime or being struck with a weapon either made out of divine metal shaped from the sphere of day/magically imbued somehow with the day sphere.

Also gives them a lot of darkness magic/darkness religious implication that could be the centre of their cabal or religious culty focus.

Want to kill werewolves? Smear your weapons in the extract sphere of the wolf by grinding up wolfsbane flowers found on a few sloped grassy mountainside clearings. Want to kill vampires? Spit sunflower seeds at them.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 10:31:31 pm »

Vampires probably would form a kind of council or laws on what Vampires can do. So that they don't overpopulate.
To the beer!
Pages: 1 [2]